Thread: Exhaust valve servo - do I need it?

Bike
    2015 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Exhaust valve servo - do I need it?

OK - my exhaust valve servo has died and with it, the bike is throwing the C46 FI error.

It is possible that I just need to adjust the cables or something (it moves a little bit on startup) but it is probably new motor time.

My question is: Do I need it?

Suzuki say that its purpose is low rev back pressure for better torque which makes sense to me (I once drove a week without any exhaust on my car and getting off the line was a nightmare).
    Online says it is just there to pass noise/emissions tests.

So what do people think? Repair/replace or get rid of it?

If I get rid of it, do I just "snip the cable to the ECU" that works out it isn't going or buy the proper excluder box?

Cheers guys

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Most likely emissions regulation - that is why most have them now. The modern bikes run 4-2-1 (or 4-2-2) headers and mid pipes now as they offer good power over the entire rpm range.

Check ebay for a electronic eliminator - I can get them for my Ducati that fools the computer so you don;t get any annoying error messages on your dash when you remove the valve and motor. They make them for other bikes too - plug and play stuff.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyk5614 View Post
    OK - my exhaust valve servo has died and with it, the bike is throwing the C46 FI error.

It is possible that I just need to adjust the cables or something (it moves a little bit on startup) but it is probably new motor time.

My question is: Do I need it?

Suzuki say that its purpose is low rev back pressure for better torque which makes sense to me (I once drove a week without any exhaust on my car and getting off the line was a nightmare).
    Online says it is just there to pass noise/emissions tests.

So what do people think? Repair/replace or get rid of it?

If I get rid of it, do I just "snip the cable to the ECU" that works out it isn't going or buy the proper excluder box?

Cheers guys
    I just pulled out the brown wire in the ecu plug when I removed it from my K6 1000.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Got rid of mine on my K7 600. Removed servo, cables and looked on GIXXER.Com to find the right wire to pull to fron the ECU plug to get rid of fault codes. Easy, and no, you dont need it.

Thread Information