Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fatbob suspension upgrades

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    So much this. That is without doubt the best money you can spend on a motorcycle.

I just wonder whether when all suspension is electronic (BMW, the up-spec MT10 and M1R) it will do them out of a job. Though the review of the MT10 I just read said "why would you pay 30% more for the ESA when the base one is so good?

Amazing how many similar Harleys to mine that I see around that have had engine performance improvements done ahead of suspension, Mine can be bone jarring enough on some roads just as it is.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Just realized how thick I can be, yet again, lol

Had the bike up to Robert Taylors KSS shop for the front and rear suspension upgrades yesterday, noticed as I left that the bike was being jacked up using the sidestand as the fulcrum to get the front tyre clear of the ground, shrugged and carried on, thinking they know what their doing.

Returned a few hours later, still pissing down, we quickly loaded the bike after RT set the spring preload and off home.

Unloaded, a quick blat up the road had me smiling until I parked in the shed and flicked the side stand down, bugger the bikes on a bit of a lean, wonder if the stand got bent with 310kgs hanging off it? Today a fellow biker when I mentioned this asked if the new shocks and fork upgrades had lifted the bikes height, Doh, yes I replied but only about 25mm. before and after pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4116.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	331444

Name:	IMG_4206cc.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	331445
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4216.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	748.6 KB 
ID:	331443  

Bike
    Several old ones

Hi ol Slider

Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Just realized how thick I can be, yet again, lol

Had the bike up to Robert Taylors KSS shop for the front and rear suspension upgrades yesterday, noticed as I left that the bike was being jacked up using the sidestand as the fulcrum to get the front tyre clear of the ground, shrugged and carried on, thinking they know what their doing.

Returned a few hours later, still pissing down, we quickly loaded the bike after RT set the spring preload and off home.

Unloaded, a quick blat up the road had me smiling until I parked in the shed and flicked the side stand down, bugger the bikes on a bit of a lean, wonder if the stand got bent with 310kgs hanging off it? Today a fellow biker when I mentioned this asked if the new shocks and fork upgrades had lifted the bikes height, Doh, yes I replied but only about 25mm. before and after pics

Name:	IMG_4116.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	331444

Name:	IMG_4206cc.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	331445
    What are your thoughts on the upgrade after all this time?

Thread Information