Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This can't be possible

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Right you fucking morons spouting about concentrating on the road rather than the speedo, listen up.

The LIMIT is a fixed number at any given point, you are expected to have sufficient control of your vehicle so as not to exceed it. A quick glance from time to time is all that is required to do so. If you constantly find during that glance that your speed has crept over said limit, it is expected that you lower your target speed to compensate.

On a trip lasting 1 to 2 hours (longer than most car trips), lowering your target speed 5kph to 95kph equates to a 3 to 6 minute increase in drive time. In New Zealand however, it's impossibly to drive for an hour at 100kph. So the average drops and that 5kph under 100kph equates to even less than 3 minutes.

Dumb fucks, shouldn't be on the fucking road if this is too complex anyway.
    You forgot to factor in relativity, and boredom. Both of which make a trip go faster if you do...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I know you're just trolling Drew. But don't be trying to claim you are our intellectual superior. It's laughable.
    What part of what I said do you think is a claim of intellectual superiority? That I called people morons perhaps? You could focus on that instead of the point I tried to make, but it kind of cements the statement.

I'm not overly bright, but I don't claim to be. I was not trolling, I was stating facts and presenting a different point of view to all those talking shit about concentration levels.

Laugh away though, failure to grasp a simple concept through spite is quite funny after all.

Bike
    CB1300
    I agree Drew. If you don't have sufficient appreciation of are you speeding or not without constantly checking your speedo you are either distracted or in need of more practice at it.

I admit I have surprised myself with my speed a few times but always when I have been distracted from the task of driving. Usually the speedo reading is within 5km of my guestimation.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    2009 KTM990
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I agree Drew. If you don't have sufficient appreciation of are you speeding or not without constantly checking your speedo you are either distracted or in need of more practice at it.

I admit I have surprised myself with my speed a few times but always when I have been distracted from the task of driving. Usually the speedo reading is within 5km of my guestimation.

Sent via tapatalk.
    Yep agree Drew does have a good point.Pity it was ruined by poor execution at the start.

Prob sits at home alone wondering where he went wrong with the Ex when most of his statements to her/him started with"Listen up bitch this is the way it is" lol.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RGVforme View Post
    Yep agree Drew does have a good point.Pity it was ruined by poor execution at the start.

Prob sits at home alone wondering where he went wrong with the Ex when most of his statements to her/him started with"Listen up bitch this is the way it is" lol.
    Hahahahaha, something like that.

Bike
    1996 ZX7R
    Right you fucking morons spouting about concentrating on the road rather than the speedo, listen up.

The LIMIT is a fixed number at any given point, you are expected to have sufficient control of your vehicle so as not to exceed it. A quick glance from time to time is all that is required to do so. If you constantly find during that glance that your speed has crept over said limit, it is expected that you lower your target speed to compensate.

On a trip lasting 1 to 2 hours (longer than most car trips), lowering your target speed 5kph to 95kph equates to a 3 to 6 minute increase in drive time. In New Zealand however, it's impossibly to drive for an hour at 100kph. So the average drops and that 5kph under 100kph equates to even less than 3 minutes.

So my repeated Auckland to Wellington (Rtn) trips in 6:30 are figments of my imagination. Where did Moir's learn to drive/ride, Kowkopanui?
    Caution is not a substitute for skill :no

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

That's excatlcy the bullshit spouted by ltsa/AA and other people who don't actually regularly drive decent distances over the same journey often enough to measure the HUGE difference.

Eg in a linehaul truck travelling from Hawke's bay to Auckland the Real World difference 4km/h makes is a good half an hour at least but on paper its 'only' 13 minutes. The maths is at 90k your doing 1.5km's a minute, at 94k (typical real world operation on cruise control inside enforcement tolerances) your doing 1.56km's a minute. Only 60metres or three truck lengths a minute the safety gurus cry!

But in the real world that lost time and distance is the difference between being at the right passing opportunity when catching slow traffic. Its getting to the fuel bowser instead of being qued up bwhind the other trucks that went 4 k faster. Its getting your coffee/icecream in the servo before the fatty with 6 kids and the credit declined card holds up the que in the shop. Its getting to the roadworks stop and go whole its still green etc......

Every little bit counts when you need to efficiently and safely be somewhere in a timely manner. And when you take into account actual average speed over a typical journey described above varies from 81-65 km/h depending on payload then the loss of maximum safe legal speed impacts the journey to an even greater degree.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Every little bit counts when you need to efficiently and safely be somewhere in a timely manner. And when you take into account actual average speed over a typical journey described above varies from 81-65 km/h depending on payload then the loss of maximum safe legal speed impacts the journey to an even greater degree.
    This. There is a significant difference between keyboard motorcycling and realworld motorcycling - but the resident trolls have no comprehension thereof. Which, they being trolls, is understandable if not excusable.

Those of us who have to work for a living and for whom travel is a cost, not a luxury, are well aware. Trolls - they're just waiting for the next government paycheque. And then they lash out because they know they are impotent spongers and they cannot stand it.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)

You may be right, but the average, (and below average,) driver is so shit scared of getting a ticket he spends more time watching his speedo than the road.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by ElCoyote View Post
    So my repeated Auckland to Wellington (Rtn) trips in 6:30 are figments of my imagination. Where did Moir's learn to drive/ride, Kowkopanui?
    I make that trip regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    This. There is a significant difference between keyboard motorcycling and realworld motorcycling - but the resident trolls have no comprehension thereof. Which, they being trolls, is understandable if not excusable.

Those of us who have to work for a living and for whom travel is a cost, not a luxury, are well aware. Trolls - they're just waiting for the next government paycheque. And then they lash out because they know they are impotent spongers and they cannot stand it.
    I drive and ride Wellington Aukland a lot. I'm not trolling, I'm just telling it like it is.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I know you're just trolling Drew. But don't be trying to claim you are our intellectual superior. It's laughable.
    Pure gold! The tone of Drew's posts seems to have undergone a change recently, I was wondering if he's changed his meds?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...my old 60 Series develops key rattle and the steering column cover squeaks at anything over 95k, so that is the speed I stay at most of the time...nearly all my driving is on the highway and generally most trips are of more than sixty k's...I get to the end of my journey around about the same time as the traffic that scoots past at 110-120 kph on the earlier parts of the drive...they all seem to be stacked up at the first set of lights we all come across just outside the city...Drew is correct according to my observations...the rules are slightly different when I'm on the bike...

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Pure gold! The tone of Drew's posts seems to have undergone a change recently, I was wondering if he's changed his meds?
    I don't get as fucked off any more. People saying 5kph making a half hour difference in drive time over 50km is pretty retarded though.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I don't get as fucked off any more. People saying 5kph making a half hour difference in drive time over 50km is pretty retarded though.
    Unless the average speed is 25kph.

Which it regularly is up the Kapiti coast.

In which case a 5kph increase in speed gives you half an hour of your life back before Waikanae.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    In which case a 5kph increase in speed gives you half an hour of your life back before Waikanae.
    Most people only have about that left by the time they get to Waikanae.

Thread Information