Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bridgestone T30R - 5/10

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Hitcher got them in the North and Willy in the South I think?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    That's the ones.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST

New set on an ER6

Mrs Bungbung got a set of T30s on her Er6. I went out to the end of Wainui Coast road and back to scrub them in for her.
    The bike feels so much better tipping in than the OE tyres, but that'll be mostly the squared off rear than anything else.
    She's pretty careful so I'm not concerned by what I'm hearing above

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I just fitted some Z8s to my bike, what are you thoughts on them?

First ride and Im a little meh on them. At this stage they will come off and go on my Bandit.
    I quite liked them, although I've had variations in life from 9,000 to 12,000+ Km with varying amounts of squaring and I just wanted to see what I could get for less.
    How a man wins shows much of his character....How he loses shows all of it!!"
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
    I quite liked them, although I've had variations in life from 9,000 to 12,000+ Km with varying amounts of squaring and I just wanted to see what I could get for less.
    Ive come off sport tyres to these, think Im being a bit rough on them. They just dont tip in as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2010 Honda ST1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Ive come off sport tyres to these, think Im being a bit rough on them. They just dont tip in as well.
    Can't say a sport tyre would cope too well on 300+Kg of ST. It needs really firm casings and will eat a soft or slightly under-inflated tyre. Many like the PR4's but I wasn't fussed with them so it's all very subjective.
    How a man wins shows much of his character....How he loses shows all of it!!"
    Knute Rockne

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by KoroJ View Post
    Can't say a sport tyre would cope too well on 300+Kg of ST. It needs really firm casings and will eat a soft or slightly under-inflated tyre. Many like the PR4's but I wasn't fussed with them so it's all very subjective.
    Yeah my bikes 100kg lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    TF125
    Today I scrubbed in a pair of new T30 Evo GT's on the ZX12-R. So far I love them. They make the old Metzeler Z8's I took off feel like they were carved from a very hard block of wood.

I read in some blurb that the T30 Evo GT's were developed to offer a more comfortable ride. Honestly, that's not what I was looking for in new tyres but by feck they are comfortable, it's noticeable and actually a thing.

I went to Boyd's after seeing a 190/55, 120/70 set of T30 for $440.00. Upon some discussion it appeared that the $440.00 deal was for the older, non-Evo version T30's, which the salesman assured me were nowhere near as good as the new ones. Oh well, what's another hundy?

They seem to handle well. I did a mini Coro Loop today, Kopu - Whangamata - Waihi - Paeroa - Tahuna, plenty of corners in that lot. The T30 Evo GT's actually performed outstandingly well.

I was a bit worried they were going to be shit. I won't pretend to be a tyre guru but I've had tyres that were shit before (ahem, Pirelli Angels, the first ones), which is why I tend to stick to a good thing for a long time. Being the GT version of the T30 Evo, I figure they're for heavy bikes. The ZX12-R isn't uber-heavy at 210kg dry but I figure that on my bike the rider sort of takes up the slack, so to speak.

So far, 8/10 - would buy again.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    I went to Boyd's after seeing a 190/55, 120/70 set of T30 for $440.00.
    So you weren't interested in a set of Pilot Power 3's for $419 then? Not that they're all that flash, but they are cheap and ok longevity wise.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Will watch this thread for updates and wet weather performance with interest.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    So you weren't interested in a set of Pilot Power 3's for $419 then? Not that they're all that flash, but they are cheap and ok longevity wise.
    I do not buy Michelins.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    A real love them or hate them tyre it would appear.

I'm on my second T30 on the rear of my RSV Tuono. The first lasted 12,000 kms and I didn't have a single slide on it - more than I can say for the Diablo Rosso II on the front!

Now, I'm running an S21 front/T30 EVO rear combination and I think it's great. Sure, they could be softer, but then I'd get shocking mileage on the rear. I ride predominantly commuter (Upper Hutt - Haywards Hill - SH58 - Paremata Rd - SH1 - Tawa) with the occasional weekend ride when for some crazy reason all the budget hasn't gone on the family.

Seems to me that they suit different bikes - perhaps a lighter bike like a 650 isn't the bike for the tyre - maybe they need a bit of weight or power to warm them up properly.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    A real love them or hate them tyre it would appear.

Seems to me that they suit different bikes - perhaps a lighter bike like a 650 isn't the bike for the tyre - maybe they need a bit of weight or power to warm them up properly.
    Had them on:
    RF900
    ST4S
    GSX1400

Loved them. Had massive long life by comparison to anything else. Never let go of the road on me but I'm not a hard ass rider by anyone's measure to be fair)

Bang for buck and solid steady performance for entire lifespan of the tyre I have fount the T30 series to be an all round winner for me, will be putting a set on my VFR1200 once its due new feet
    Just ride.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I'm a fan of the T30's, too. Not immediately, I had to adjust (soften) my suspension to get the best from them. My TDM could be considered portly and not exactly overpowered but I try to overcome that with prodigious amounts of throttle. Never had a grip issue wet or dry. Prior to adjusting my shock the rear felt flighty over bumps and would shift line which was disconcerting. Due to a very stiff carcass IMHO.

That stiff carcass is the winner of 5 stars for me. I punctured the rear quite early on it's life and rode a good few k's sans air. Tire looked munted, Isle of Man munted. I got it plugged and hoped for the best. Had no issues since. I ride a fair bit of gravel and the tires are pretty chewed up but still wearing well, I expect about 8000 km from the rear, maybe more. Edge grip on tar seal is excellent, I have enough confidence in the grip to get quite beansy coming out of a corner rather than feeding the throttle in as the bike comes up. They track pretty straight, no issues when crossing wet rail tracks at an angle, not really any issues riding on cambered wet clay, either. Both wheels obeyed gravity equally and I kept going straight despite slowly going downhill.

As an all round tire for the conditions I ride in up here I have no criticism.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2010 CB 1000 R, 2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Will watch this thread for updates and wet weather performance with interest.
    Most positive feeling tyre I ever used in the wet. Thats in a 34 year riding history.

Ride all year all weather, best example I can give is my GSX1400 never ever let go once in the wet and I wan't exactly 'gentle' on her throttle but again it was no sport bike

My mate John has em on his SV thou, loves them, great life span for a big v-twin sports bike.

My SV650 came with some mitchelin things on...will get the T30's next pair. Same for my VFR still on the tyres it had from the shop. I must admit being a bit self conscious I am currently on tyres I did not select... but I am a big fan of Bridgstones, found them better than Pilots or Conti road Attacks. Went through the S21, S23 stage and TSS put me onto the T30R series back with my RF900 and never looked back. Had them on the ST4S and the GSX14 after as well.

But to be fair I buy tyres I know I will get lifespan from, not for stickiness and while I don't think I am a slow rider, I am also far from being the fastest or bravest
    Just ride.

Thread Information