Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Norton Dominator SS

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I like the pair of mufflers. Did the megaphones come with the bike as race options? Custom Chambers would be able to make a noise reducer for the ends.

Bloody nice bike - hows it ride? No doubt very smile producing.
    Megaphones came with it. Will chew the fat for a bit before I decide what to do.

Going to come clean here - I don't have much in the way of yardsticks to measure it against. I only recently got back into bikes. Grew up riding a load of my Dads motley collection of BSA's Jawas etc. Spent a few years on a cafe racered Yammy RD400 which seemed insanely powerful at the time. I bought the Norton because if I didn't the opportunity might not come again. For what its worth suspension seems a little to track focussed (I do a lot of trackdays in a tin top so have some idea in that area), front ok but back hops around on bad seal/undulations. Seems to tip in quite nicely and no problems with quick changes of direction. Steering lock is hopeless but not surprising. Riding position aggressive of course and you'd struggle if you weren't in shape or getting a bit long in the tooth. But loving every minute or at least I was till this afternoon.

As you may have guessed from my previous post the ghost of Lord Lucas the Prince of Darkness himself reached out and struck me down in the middle of nowhere.

A quick stop for a scenic shot you may be thinking...

ah no... Ironically a few years ago I attempted to cross the USA in a small British sports car - I did make it, eventually... But clearly didn't learn my lesson!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by iwilson View Post
    I'm doing my best to keep this thread interesting. Does anyone know if Norton still uses Lucas for electrics?

Just wondering as I sit here in the boonies somewhere on SH22, without a functioning fuel pump or starter motor. It would explain a lot...
    Did you actually ride it? There's the problem. I have a Norton, but only for looking at, the BMW is for riding.

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Did you actually ride it? There's the problem. I have a Norton, but only for looking at, the BMW is for riding.
    Ding, just pulled out the f*cking manual. In big bold letters on pg. 1

Display model only

My bad, nothing to see here folks.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Don't think KB had a decent thread since 2008. Very nice bike!
    Fuck off, my sidecar build thread is awesome.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Nice around the Tuakau bridge part of SH22, did you see my Ducati 600ss rearset around there, it fell of a year or so back?

Lord Lucas is long gone....what you need to do is what the Classic Bike mags call 'Fettling"

I don't know Sidecar Bob....I'd rather be broken down on my Norton than ride a BMW
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post

I don't know Sidecar Bob....I'd rather be broken down on my Norton than ride a BMW
    I'll remember to set the auto wave to two waves as I ride by

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Lovely bike (apart from the breakdown) but that number plate holder... Really?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    is that waves or bursts..?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Lovely bike (apart from the breakdown) but that number plate holder... Really?
    Yeah truly awful, hence sticking to back roads to hide the shame. Waiting for a square plate to arrive, then will get something fabricated so I can hang with the cool kids. Go to a showroom and you'll find most new bikes have the plate there. It's just that there's often an aftermarket solution ready to go. With the Norton the numbers are so tiny no one has bothered to my eternal shame!

Bike
    a red heap
    Rofllecopter!!!

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Nice around the Tuakau bridge part of SH22, did you see my Ducati 600ss rearset around there, it fell of a year or so back?

Lord Lucas is long gone....what you need to do is what the Classic Bike mags call 'Fettling"

Lucas are still going I doubt if any Lucas parts are lurking inside that Norton. Least they kept some of the original character (or unreliability as some people unkindly refer to it).

Usually are a few glitches with anything produced in small numbers. More like working prototypes than production models.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    motocompo
    Good on Norton for making it just like the olden days though.
    It's probably equipped with an electronic shutdown in the ECU to turn the bike off at random intervals set anywhere between one day & one year, depending on the mood of the guy at the factory that was in charge of programming that Paticular unit just to make the British bike expierence that much more authentic.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    For those who want a proper motorcycle not designed by someone from Mattel or reads Marvel comics.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-960165458.htm

These will be turning up soon.

Bike
    motocompo
    These will be turning up soon.
    ]
    Oh cool, the Triumph is still using Amal Monobloc's

Thread Information