Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Norton Dominator SS

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Oh cool, the Triumph is still using Amal Monobloc's
    Monojectors....

I wondered why it was a 270 crank....but imagine a 1200cc 360 degree parallel twin.
    Guessing it will be a tad more than the previous 15K Thruxton....guessing mid 20'S
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Good on Norton for making it just like the olden days though.
    It's probably equipped with an electronic shutdown in the ECU to turn the bike off at random intervals set anywhere between one day & one year, depending on the mood of the guy at the factory that was in charge of programming that Paticular unit just to make the British bike expierence that much more authentic.
    Are they still using 6 volt electrics?

I do like the look of the bike. But there is something that could be done under the bikes seat looks unfinished.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Guessing it will be a tad more than the previous 15K Thruxton....guessing mid 20'S
    Good guess.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1019567013.htm
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    or the BMW R9T

As a sort of BMW/Norton/Guzzi fan I'm leaning towards the Thruxton.... not that I'm looking.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    motocompo
    or the BMW R9T
    [/IMG]

As a sort of BMW/Norton/Guzzi fan I'm leaning towards the Thruxton.... not that I'm looking.
    Closet BMW fag, you're worse than me, but you're trying to make me look like the bad one.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Closet BMW fag, you're worse than me, but you're trying to make me look like the bad one.
    I'm horizontally opposed to that statement...Does the BMW have Bingjectors...

Bike
    motocompo
    I'm horizontally opposed to that statement...Does the BMW have Bingjectors...
    No, they faced up to the fact that no new BMW buyer worth having gives a shit what modern technology looks like, as long as it does what it says on the packet.

Bike
    Exercycle
    No, they faced up to the fact that no new BMW buyer worth having gives a shit what modern technology looks like, as long as it does what it says on the packet.
    Saw an article on design years back, the German attitude is that they're selling modern technology - and it should look like it.
    British version would appear to be selling memories. Yanks are selling a lifestyle....Italians are just selling style.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Saw an article on design years back, the German attitude is that they're selling modern technology - and it should look like it.
    British version would appear to be selling memories. Yanks are selling a lifestyle....Italians are just selling style.
    Indians are selling transport, they're the only smart ones that haven't lost sight of the object of the exercise.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    What did it say on the VW Diesel Packet?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    $26k on the road eh?

I still cannot find the info I'd want if purchasing - weight, power and a actual ride review (all I have read a rehashed marketing bullshit).

$26,000, just reconfirmed I got a great deal on the Ducati and glad I did not wait to see what happened with the Triumph in 2016.

I do want to see the new Bonnie in the flesh - something is not gelling for me in the photos - it looks too fat around the engine or something. Reminds me of my old 1982 Kawasaki 750 twin - that was a huge lump of a alloy engine (of note it produced the same hp figures as the 'new' base 900 Bonnie about to be released ..... progress aye).

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Indians are selling transport, they're the only smart ones that haven't lost sight of the object of the exercise.
    I can just see the new Mahindra motorcycle taking off here lol

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    $26k on the road eh?

I still cannot find the info I'd want if purchasing - weight, power and a actual ride review (all I have read a rehashed marketing bullshit).

$26,000, just reconfirmed I got a great deal on the Ducati and glad I did not wait to see what happened with the Triumph in 2016.

I do want to see the new Bonnie in the flesh - something is not gelling for me in the photos - it looks too fat around the engine or something. Reminds me of my old 1982 Kawasaki 750 twin - that was a huge lump of a alloy engine (of note it produced the same hp figures as the 'new' base 900 Bonnie about to be released ..... progress aye).
    They are a bit coy on weight, some of the US Norton guys went to the show and the bikes were there to sit on but they were on fixed stands.
    I've yet to see an independent review.
    I would have thought they would have more power, but the target market is probably the 50-70 age group. On a light bike I only need about 50-60 HP to have fun, porkers need more.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    porkers need more.
    Yeah and I got that
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    MV Brutale 800
    Quote Originally Posted by iwilson View Post
    Ding, just pulled out the f*cking manual. In big bold letters on pg. 1
    Display model only
    My bad, nothing to see here folks.
    LOL .. absolutely gorgeous bike dude, well done. I'm sure you'll love it.
    A Ship in Harbour is Safe, but that is NOT what ships are built for

Thread Information