Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Norton Dominator SS

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    I can just see the new Mahindra motorcycle taking off here lol
    Yeah, looks like shit, I'd rather have a Hyosung.
    http://www.mahindraracing.com/our-bikes-gp-125.aspx

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Update: fault was a loose connection to the fuel pump relay. Proving once and for all this is a small and tiny world. A Kiwi mate living in Europe dropped by a couple of days ago. A mate of his has a son who's an apprentice at the Norton factory. He'll find out who assembled my bike and extract the urine.

Bike will be back tomorrow after getting paint protection film applied to the blingy bits.

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    What a beautiful machine. Just love that Norton !!!!

I'm in the process at the moment with building up some loud mufflers for my Guzzi. The sound has given me some inspiration.

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    The skill of a good fabricator is truly a wondrous thing. Here's a set of Guzzi pipes Custom Chambers in NZ made up. Not my cup of tea but good skills!

But taking it to a whole new level was this manifold made for my track day car. Talk about an orgy of snakes - it really should have gone straight into in a museum!

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Sheezus!!
    Those twisted headers on that Daytona are rather extreme...not my cuppa either but I appreciate the craftsmanship that's gone into them.

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    ZX6R race machine, rmz250
    Quote Originally Posted by iwilson View Post
    The skill of a good fabricator is truly a wondrous thing. Here's a set of Guzzi pipes Custom Chambers in NZ made up. Not my cup of tea but good skills!

But taking it to a whole new level was this manifold made for my track day car. Talk about an orgy of snakes - it really should have gone straight into in a museum!
    Nice! K20'd lotus?

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Well spotted. Got sick of getting monstered on the straight bits. So was one of the first to fit the Honda. First one went bang not long after but second has been thrashed for 10 years and still going strong.

Here's a lap of my fav circuit Spa not long after I did the conversion - just love the sound of that engine!

Bike
    motocompo
    Well spotted. Got sick of getting monstered on the straight bits. So was one of the first to fit the Honda. First one went bang not long after but second has been thrashed for 10 years and still going strong.

Here's a lap of my fav circuit Spa not long after I did the conversion - just love the sound of that engine!
    That's funny when the tacho hits the stop & it keeps on revving for a few seconds.

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Yeah original engine redlined at about 6.5 and tachometer went to 8k. Honda red lines at 8,600rpm lol

I shipped the Lotus to Florida and did a bit of a road trip to LA when I moved back to NZ - managed to squeeze in a track day at Laguna Seca and more bike orientated did the Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee which some of you may have ridden or heard about.

Anyway managed at one point to pin both needles - taking a picture was not a smart move at the time and the resulting speed wobble focused the mind!

Bike
    2016 Norton Dominator SS
    Bike was returned Friday afternoon. CycleSpot were chuffed to bits with the job the paint protection film guy had done. Only thing was he had forgotten to refit the rear tyre hugger. Something I noticed but no one else had... Wasn't fussed and told them to just courier it out. But good on them they sent one of their boys out to make the 100km round trip. Arrived at 7pm and even fitted it for me. In fact I came out well ahead when they bunged me an official Norton t-shirt for my trouble.

Removed the standard mirrors today and fitted some bar ends - much improved imho. The plate is doing my head in. Ordered a square plate but really struggling to find somewhere to fit it. No way will it fit under the tail unless horizontal. Tried side mounting to the swing arm but not convinced. Options are to suck it up with the stock location. Go back to a rectangular plate, which might just fit depending on max suspension travel. Or get a smaller 'show' plate made up - any recommendations?

Next up are the pipes, something similar to the megaphones but not stupidly loud.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Here's a lap of my fav circuit Spa not long after I did the conversion - just love the sound of that engine
    awesome thread dude.
    loved the detail on the pipes - so smooth
    enjoyed the lap around Spa - great to get that sort of perspective, did sound good too
    nice work on the wrap of the bike - good idea

excellent all round job.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Norton

Loud but wait!!

Hi Guys im the owner of the bike in this video i presume. Yup its loud. I have a contact that norton gave me who has made a number of baffels for these megaphone pipes so will get some made and fitted here. Watch this space...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    How did lardy old Moto Guzzi's get in a thread about cool bikes?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    How did lardy old Moto Guzzi's get in a thread about cool bikes?
    :spank: cheeky shyte, that's a classic motor, belongs full well in that company
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    :spank: cheeky shyte, that's a classic motor, belongs full well in that company
    I can only think of two.

DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information