Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience Motorcycles

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    It is certainly not ethically right in my opinion for the charge not to be disclosed at the time of sale.
    Wow you are thick.

If you need to be told it will cost for somebody to work on the bike then maybe walking is better for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Last three bikes were new.

Suzuki - charge

Honda - pay for consumables only (first service)

Ducati - charge

I think you may be very naive, you dropped what $35-40k on that new Kawasaki and you did not have a conversation about servicing and associated charges? Certainly part of a pre-purchase conversation when I am looking (particularly most recently when I was only looking at Italian bikes).

The car market is significantly larger than the motorcycle market - the new car market may also be propped up by the home company - as in brand X wanting to be market leader in NZ so offers free servicing for X years. They can then use their premo position in NZ as a pressure tactic to other countries to improve. That shit was told to me some years back by the NZ GM of brand X .....

Motorcycle market - the poor sods are happy for the sale, servicing following this will not be free - it helps keep the doors open to allow the bikes to be sold.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    You are thick one as it should be built into the purchase price like it is for cars
    Why should it? According to who?If the bike shop wants to charge for it then they can, its not written in law.

FFS talk about entitlement issues.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    CB1300
    Car dealerships do that to lock toy in to going back to them. Not out of generosity. They leave plenty of fat in the charge. They don't give you any back if the cost is lower. So who really gets a good deal?

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Maybe all car dealers should start charging for warranty service as they are stuck in the past too eh sport!
    what is a "warranty service"

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Damn and Blast... no one has asked the obvious question, been waiting for it to be asked...

When you collected your bike, did you ask why you were being charged? Especially as you said you were surprised to be charged.

If you did ask, what did Experience say? And, if you did ask, why didn't you say so in your original post?

Bike
    Various
    Maybe all car dealers should start charging for warranty service as they are stuck in the past too eh sport!
    You are thick one as it should be built into the purchase price like it is for cars
    Make your mind up, your first post suggests they should start charging, your second that they have already by building it in.

It is certainly not ethically right in my opinion for the charge not to be disclosed at the time of sale.
    Best they also point out the petrol at time of sale will not last a lifetime, tyres will wear out etc.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Damn and Blast... no one has asked the obvious question, been waiting for it to be asked...

When you collected your bike, did you ask why you were being charged? Especially as you said you were surprised to be charged.

If you did ask, what did Experience say? And, if you did ask, why didn't you say so in your original post?
    Also, was it ticket price paid or was there a bit of movement on the price of the bike?

Also fun when people want a discount and yet still expect all the trimmings as if they've paid in full.

Bike
    If they discount the ticket price but add the discount on at the time of service the discount becomes false does it not?
    I think I understand what you are trying to say...

If it was never included, then obviously no.

If sold for full price it might be something that is thrown in because it can make a customer feel like they've had a bit of a win despite not getting a discount (more important for some cultures than others) or it could just be used as something to close the deal on a sale instead of a cash discount (or nothing at all), which would be better because once the free ones are used up the customer will (ideally) keep coming back and paying for them

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    When some of us buy things we dont all like to find out there is hidden charges attached and with a car the profit margin would vary depending on if a special was being offered. I have never seen a new car advertied where in order to get a discount you must pay for any warranty service. I would much rather pay more for the bike than get charged for a warranty service and how would you know if you were being ripped off or not by the charge as its not something you can shop around with or DIY or your warranty becomes void.
    Bollocks, Dealerships cannot legally void a warranty if you get it serviced elsewhere. They can (and do) make life difficult if you have a warranty claim, and if the warranty claim is because of bad servicing or a failed part they did not supply then that is a different matter.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    R nine T
    When some of us buy things we dont all like to find out there is hidden charges attached and with a car the profit margin would vary depending on if a special was being offered. I have never seen a new car advertied where in order to get a discount you must pay for any warranty service. I would much rather pay more for the bike than get charged for a warranty service and how would you know if you were being ripped off or not by the charge as its not something you can shop around with or DIY or your warranty becomes void.
    Sounds like you have been stung more than once

Bike
    It was on the good
    I would much rather pay more for the bike than get charged for a warranty service
    I am pretty sure that if you asked nicely you could pay more for your new bike so that the first service is 'free' if that makes you feel happier?

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Haggis View Post
    Went to pick my bike up from Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland today after it's 1st service, they charged me $229 for it, much to my amazement, I bought the bike brand new from them, 4weeks ago. I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What a pack of cunts, it should be free, along with free wof and rego for 5 years, and 2 years unlimited petrol, and cost price tyres for the first 100000 kms.

Bike
    CB1300
    As you seem short of an iq point or two I will spell it out.
    If they think the average x number of services will cost $500 they build in $1000.
    If you haggle there is $500 they can be generous on.
    But you are still paying.
    And top dollar.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Haggis View Post
    I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?
    In my experience EVERY new vehicle sold with the stated bonus of free services get them. EVERY new vehicle where they don't say you get free services you don't.
    BTW: NO vehicle where they state free services actually get the services for free, the cost of those services are incorporated into the purchase prices.

If you want to know "why no free services on some new bikes" then that is fairly simple and obvious once you realise it. In a competitive market a vendor can get more sales by trimming down the margins, lowering the price and to aid this they may have to leave out some extras like for example free services.
    The first 3 years free services = significantly higher asking price for the vehicle. Drop that offer and you can sell the bike for less money and make more sales.

The obvious question:
    Can you get more sales by offering a better price or by offering free services & WoFs?
    The answer to that question (or the best guess as to what the answer would be) determines what the seller does.

Terrible experience?
    Sounds like the experience was fine and the $500 cheaper (or whatever it may have been) the bike was when purchased easily covered the first service with plenty left.
    The only problem is what I quoted - assumed wrongly.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Thread Information