Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience Motorcycles

Bike
    CB1300
    Some dealers have two yards with different names. One offers no extras at a low price the other offers all the fruit but you pay for it.
    Generally speaking people save money paying their own servicing but a proportion. Another proportion will always want to be able to stick all their costs in one payment, finance is a motivator for this.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Often on warranty agreements it will state quite clearly that warranty service must be done by an authorised dealer. So are you saying that such a statement is illegal to make?
    That very subject - 'must be done by brand XX dealer' was tested in court in the USA some years back - the dealer lost with the result being something like provided the vehicle was serviced by a qualified person in accordance with the makers schedules the warranty was valid.

Best to use genuine parts during your warranty period too so they cannot be attributed to any possible 'issue' if one arises.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Bike management now involves it being plugged into a diagnostic system (same as cars) to determine any issues arising from dash warning lights for examples or to upgrade the latest software (supplied by the factory of course).

How cross platform this stuff is between brands I do not know. A bit different from the old days of almost everything being the same for a full tune - carbs, valve check and consumables. The old one stop for all shop may be restricted by electronics.

We have dealer workers on KB - they will know.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    I am curious if the OP has had a discussion with this dealer about their concerns. Have they talked to the manager/owner? This is a pretty cut throat industry and most business's will be trying to retain their customer base. Little point in coming on here and moaning about something if it hasnt been discussed with the other party and given them a chance to address it. If they dont know about a problem how can they fix it?
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    motocompo
    And even worse the fact that electronic componentry may only have a spare parts life of 10 years or less modern bikes that are fine mechanically become throw away like a lot of other modern electronics computers etc. Chances are if you buy a bike with as little electronics as possible the longer it will last. I have read comments on here that some do not worry about this because they only want to ride the latest bikes anyway.
    You have it completely arse about tit to be frank.
    The in built service life of the electronics of modern vehicles is several times that of the mechanical components.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    You have it completely arse about tit to be frank.
    The in built service life of the electronics of modern vehicles is several times that of the mechanical components.
    With you there. Didnt enjoy changing points back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Suzuki Smash 2016. (Yes, really!)
    My only 'experience' with Experience, was when I ordered parts for my Beemer, one call and they gave me the web address for the parts list. The parts took two days to arrive at the bottom end of the country.
    "Statistics are used as a drunk uses lampposts - for support, not illumination."

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. No idea why you assumed it, I'd assume the opposite then be pleasantly surprised. Or just fucken ask at time of purchase/negotiation, what I'm getting.

As already asked, have you spoken to the dealer, and given them the chance to respond? FWIW, my first service on a KTM was a touch under a grand as I didn't like the setup from factory and the shop pulled the suspension apart. Perhaps I should have started a thread...

Experience has looked after my BMW for all services bar one for the last 5 years, from 10k through to the last at 110k, including a final drive rebuild. While it hasn't been a perfect service history, and things have gone wrong, they've always fixed the problem, made things right etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Haggis View Post
    I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Haggis View Post

Granted my last new bike was 6yrs ago so I thought things had changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i've been searching this forum and can't for the life of me find your thread bitching about the rego rise the gubbermint put on bikes since you brought a new bike, can you direct me to it please?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Only time will tell but when you look at the amount of electronic gear that is designed to be throw away today eg computers and modern bikes have computers do they not?
    You're a fucken idiot.

Computers last for fucken decades. Fuck all goes wrong with something that has no moving parts, without outside interference.

They are 'throw away items', because the majority are so old at replacement time as to be obsolete.

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    You're a fucken idiot.

Computers last for fucken decades. Fuck all goes wrong with something that has no moving parts, without outside interference.

They are 'throw away items', because the majority are so old at replacement time as to be obsolete.
    yep but let us not mention dry solder joints, burning out components or moving parts like fans nor issues with power supplies.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. --- Unknown sage

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    yep but let us not mention dry solder joints, burning out components or moving parts like fans nor issues with power supplies.
    I wasn't gonna go into details on the few exceptions.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Forget about computers and electronic stuff for the moment...

I'm still waiting for the OP to answer the questions asked by several along the lines of - Did you discuss it with them at the time?

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. No idea why you assumed it

As already asked, have you spoken to the dealer, and given them the chance to respond?
    TBH I can't see what the dealer needs to respond to. As mentioned, the issue was the assumption.

The dealer sells a bike, they are not offering free services, they do a service and charge for it.
    Where is the need to speak to the dealer, what did the dealer do wrong?
    Not a single unexpected thing happened here.
    What the hell is the issue?
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    motocompo
    Only time will tell but when you look at the amount of electronic gear that is designed to be throw away today eg computers and modern bikes have computers do they not?
    Im not guessing. What I said is the official line from a major European manufacturer of cars & motorcycles,.

Thread Information