Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Terrible Experience Motorcycles

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    I know what they have to pay i worked in a dealership for 7 years,will say it again for the benefit of the blind its been a long time since ive bought a new bike.Fella if your prepared to pay $35,000 for a new bike and not expect your first service to be covered then your Xactly the fucking numpty bike shops all over NZ want to deal with,Go hard.
    Fuck that. If someone expects a free service and doesn't tell this to the dealer before signing on the dotted line, stiff shit to them.

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie11 View Post
    Pretty sure you got a massive discount on that bike, far more than the cost of that service....
    So you sold him the bike did you? Wow I'll make sure never to deal worth you guys if you willing to speak to a costumer like that. The guy want even complaining just comparing it to his earlier purchases and assumed it would be included.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    So you sold him the bike did you? Wow I'll make sure never to deal worth you guys if you willing to speak to a costumer like that. The guy want even complaining just comparing it to his earlier purchases and assumed it would be included.
    What a fuckwit you are. Look at the title of this thread.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    I take nothing for granted and negotiated the free first service as part of the deal with my 1290 last year.

Just had the 30K service done and been pleasantly surprised at the servicing costs so far.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Nothing except nothing is free in this life, ask any man that's been married for years. For instance, I thought that the servicing from my first wife was 'free'...well that was rather naive of me, she threw the rider and he had to pay for her previous services rendered for another sixteen years, even though other blokes were riding her... and that was after being told by many blokes who new better, and who had run up against these 'servicing charges' before...second time around I approached things differently but life doesn't change, it just finds other ways of doing the same thing differently...if you love your ride just pay the tax and enjoy all the other benefits you will receive...it's a far safer journey, that way...

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I take nothing for granted and negotiated the free first service as part of the deal with my 1290 last year.
    WTF is up with this sensible behaviour? This is Kiwi Biker!
    If you are going to be using your brain and doing sensible things then you are in the wrong thread, this is the thread for criticising a dealer for not doing what they didn't say they would do, because reasons!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Maybe all car dealers should start charging for warranty service as they are stuck in the past too eh sport!
    First service has nothing at all to do with warranty you docile twat.

Bike
    Between bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    yep but let us not mention dry solder joints, burning out components or moving parts like fans nor issues with power supplies.
    All these problems can be fixed. It's amazing how repairable ECUs and the like are. Trouble is, you get an auto sparky with '30 years experience' looking at it, but they stopped learning 20 years ago. Oh, box full of confusing shit is broken, innit, we'll have to replace that, and the dealer wants 4 figures for a new one. Into the bin goes an ECU which could be fixed in an hour for nix.

In the grown ups world, people that fuck up usually wear it, rather than expecting Mummy/Daddy (sorry, the dealer) to fix it. Sometimes dealers will sort em out anyway, as a bonus. But this is totally at their discretion and if they don't, you're a dickwad for holding it against 'em. Treat it like an unexpected top-up on your coffee at the cafe.
    "It's hard to keep an open mind, when so many people are trying to put things in it"

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Erelyes View Post
    All these problems can be fixed. It's amazing how repairable ECUs and the like are. Trouble is, you get an auto sparky with '30 years experience' looking at it, but they stopped learning 20 years ago. Oh, box full of confusing shit is broken, innit, we'll have to replace that, and the dealer wants 4 figures for a new one. Into the bin goes an ECU which could be fixed in an hour for nix.

In the grown ups world, people that fuck up usually wear it, rather than expecting Mummy/Daddy (sorry, the dealer) to fix it. Sometimes dealers will sort em out anyway, as a bonus. But this is totally at their discretion and if they don't, you're a dickwad for holding it against 'em. Treat it like an unexpected top-up on your coffee at the cafe.
    this was more of a denial of free top up.bottom less cup NOT

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    What a fuckwit you are. Look at the title of this thread.
    Go fuck yourself.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Go fuck yourself.
    Jin, please do some reading within the confines of KB and , do get a feel for where Drew comes from, he could seriously help you and your ilk if you'd just ask a question without getting mouthy!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Jin, please do some reading within the confines of KB and , do get a feel for where Drew comes from, he could seriously help you and your ilk if you'd just ask a question without getting mouthy!
    My ilk? Whats that supposed to mean?

Bike
    motocompo
    My ilk? Whats that supposed to mean?
    Hope this helps.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ilk

Bike
    2007 Triumps Street Triple

Seems pretty standard

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Haggis View Post
    Went to pick my bike up from Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland today after it's 1st service, they charged me $229 for it, much to my amazement, I bought the bike brand new from them, 4weeks ago. I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have just booked my new Guzzi in for it's first service and I asked them how long it takes and was told 3 hours as they change oil and fluids, check valve clearances etc. I was surprised that it would take so long but there it is.

Thread Information