Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Experience Motorcycles

Bike
    Kawasaki H2

Terrible Experience Motorcycles

Went to pick my bike up from Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland today after it's 1st service, they charged me $229 for it, much to my amazement, I bought the bike brand new from them, 4weeks ago. I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    Sold
    Perfectly normal - same for the last 2 new bikes I've owned. I presume you've had an oil and filter change too? The new car we just bought (Honda) has its first service at 15k or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Bike
    R nine T
    If you didn't have the first service at no cost written into the purchase agreement, why would you assume it would be free?
    I can tell you that experience motorcycles charge less than the other major dealers, I was charged $310 for first service which is a oil & filter change,quick check over from the other dealer, that was a surprise, so surprise surprise I wont be going back to cyclespot (opps!).

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    A rough guess would be charge out rates to be $100+ per hour? although perhaps some dealers have a fixed price for a new vehicle basic service?.

I would have asked the question before getting a service done.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Haggis View Post
    Went to pick my bike up from Experience Motorcycles in Kingsland today after it's 1st service, they charged me $229 for it, much to my amazement, I bought the bike brand new from them, 4weeks ago. I assumed wrongly it would be free of charge as any other bike or car I have bought brand new it has been. Is this normal? Has anybody else had this experience?

Guess you are happy to work for free then?

It took you 4 weeks to get to 1000ks? I know people that have picked one up on a Sat morning and booked the service for Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    A rough guess would be charge out rates to be $100+ per hour? although perhaps some dealers have a fixed price for a new vehicle basic service?.

I would have asked the question before getting a service done.
    Servicing a bike - how much and how often, are now questions I would ask when buying another bike

Esp for Noobs, motorbikes are not cars and the service interval/cost is different.
    Air cooled and 2T bikes esp.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    If it's an H2 then yeah, least they could do is throw in the first service; or, looking at it another way, if you can afford 40 odd grand for a bike what's another $2 hundred?

When I had my BMW I had great service from Experience, but it was a little pricey due to parts/expertise required.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    suzuki

So it's their fault you made an assumption?
    fuck off and grizzle to your lawyer see what they say

Bike
    Kawasaki H2
    Great site here for some support, good to see some proper bikers comment and as always some complete knobs but hey the rough with the smooth an all that.

I have owned around 15-20bikes about 6 of them brand new and all the new bikes have always had a free first service even some of the 2nd hand ones bought from reputable dealers have had a service thrown in. Granted my last new bike was 6yrs ago so I thought things had changed.

Why do bikes still need that 1000k service now, surely they are advanced enough to not require it just like cars?

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries

Why do bikes still need that 1000k service now, surely they are advanced enough to not require it just like cars?
    There is still the chance of machining swarf and bits of alloy in cases etc.
    The first early oil change is quite critical from an engineering stand point.
    The oil absorbs fine particles and holds them, or the filter/s will also trap some.

The shops now a days don't factor oil/filter costs into the sale price, and workshop labour costs are generally required to stand alone from sales costs.
    It's the way the service industry works now adays.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    ... Why do bikes still need that 1000k service now, surely they are advanced enough to not require it just like cars?

What warranty period did you get with the bike ... and conditions ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250

Assumption is blah blah blah i guess mate,long time since ive bought a new bike myself though will add i would have assumed the same fwiw...least they could do i reckon.If indeed as someone suggested the labour cost is $100 an hour then fuck em there certainly not paying the guy doing the service a hundy an hour or nowhere near it,surely after selling a new bike they could suck up the 1st service the real cost being all up around a $100 inclusive of oil etc.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Assumption is blah blah blah i guess mate,long time since ive bought a new bike myself though will add i would have assumed the same fwiw...least they could do i reckon.If indeed as someone suggested the labour cost is $100 an hour then fuck em there certainly not paying the guy doing the service a hundy an hour or nowhere near it,surely after selling a new bike they could suck up the 1st service the real cost being all up around a $100 inclusive of oil etc.
    I suppose the rent, tools and time training staff etc etc is all free and only a wage is paid from that charge out

Ideally if you're paying that much you're saving because you're getting someone who knows what they are doing and as such will be faster and won't fuck it, or anything else in the process, up. Ideally

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by bmws1r View Post
    If you didn't have the first service at no cost written into the purchase agreement, why would you assume it would be free?
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    It took you 4 weeks to get to 1000ks? I know people that have picked one up on a Sat morning and booked the service for Monday.
    Yup, last one picked up on Friday, first service following Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    So it's their fault you made an assumption?
    fuck off and grizzle to your lawyer see what they say
    Very eloquently put.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Some of us have assumed as car owners do that warranty service is built into the purchase price after all on a new bike many thousands of dollars can be paid.
    You are stuck in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information