Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rz250r f1

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I have those same progrips on my Stinger, that's how I knew the pattern. I'd decided before I started that I was doing it to ride and my interpretation. Screw anyone else's opinion.
    yep!

I once had a prominent classic bike person commenting on my bike and something of little note I'd done (tank sticker!) - essentially I shouldn't have done that because of blah. I suggested that as it was my bike I could actually do what I cared. The look on the face was classic as I doubt anyone had every said anything like that too him usually going "yes sir, I'll fix it!"

Most of my old bikes are not rivet counter perfect by any stretch (they do fit the rules of the class I'm racing in) and usually have some cool period mods, or smaller less of an issue stuff that makes it nicer to ride.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking of streetfightering my Stinker but they come like that std.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    83 RZ350/85 RZ250R/84 RZ350R/84 RZ350K
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I was thinking of streetfightering my Stinker but they come like that std.
    Or I could cafe racer an RZ complete with exhaust wrap, Ah hang on let me think about that for a minute-------AH GOD NO what was I thinking.

Anyway well she's pretty much done and booked in for compliance next Tuesday so fingers crossed on the road soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	723.5 KB 
ID:	325024   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
Size:	752.0 KB 
ID:	325025   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	32 
Size:	669.0 KB 
ID:	325026  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    She's all legal .

Dropped her off first thing this morning paid the $250 and went to work, was a nervous few hours but got a call from VTNZ at 1:30 to say all done ready to go.

Must say the guys at VTNZ here in Gisborne are awesome, made it very easy. No mountains of paperwork just had to sign a couple of forms and done.

Now time to clock up some miles running her in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	827.2 KB 
ID:	325134  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    There's the outside shot, she looks fantastic. And a long weekend coming!
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ......happy ending to a cool story...just like it should be...

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

She's a beaut..

I've got an `85 RZ 350 just like that, a bit raced/rallied/rolled.. & commuted though.. but she's done some big K's..

Here's a tip, buy a can of WD 40 PFTE ( Teflon) spray, & give each tankful of gas & oil a squirt..
    ..& you won't regret it..

Also, if you like the zoomy feel, & you have a spare set of engine/box guts, def' try a bigger cube version..

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi Makutu View Post
    I've got an `85 RZ 350 just like that, a bit raced/rallied/rolled.. & commuted though.. but she's done some big K's..

Here's a tip, buy a can of WD 40 PFTE ( Teflon) spray, & give each tankful of gas & oil a squirt..

Also, if you like the zoomy feel, & you have a spare set of engine/box guts, def' try a bigger cube version..
    Had I read this 3 days ago, I'd have offered to post you a brand new condition side panel for that bike.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Cheers for the comments and yeah I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Have you considered parting with yours?

I owned a 350 version of the same model about 20 years ago and the extra toque is nice in fact after a bit of detective work have tracked it down still local and partially stripped for a resto that hasn't happened in years. the owner has my contact details and I now live in hopes that I will get a call one day to say it's for sale.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

They're a classic keeper now.

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder VS View Post
    Cheers for the comments and yeah I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Have you considered parting with yours?

I owned a 350 version of the same model about 20 years ago and the extra toque is nice in fact after a bit of detective work have tracked it down still local and partially stripped for a resto that hasn't happened in years. the owner has my contact details and I now live in hopes that I will get a call one day to say it's for sale.
    Good on ya, I, they are all good, but more grunt is better right?
    As for 'parting' with mine nah, I did sell an `83 to a mate - after he hassled me heaps for it, & now I regret it..
    ( I was going to stick a Kawasaki 750/3 mill into it it, & had an FZ alloy swing-arm/shock/3.5in rear wheel to slot in too).

Actually, its not a hard do, & I have a spare set of 750/3 cases - if you are interested...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah extra power is nice but I have a soft spot for the 250's maybe because everyone else goes for 350's so I'm being different and the smaller bikes must be getting rare cause most of them were well thrashed, abused and written off as they were learner approved back in the day.

Triple would be interesting as I have a spare rolling frame but no not for me I perfer to keeping them close to original.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Bolden up..

Yeah extra power is nice but I have a soft spot for the 250's maybe because everyone else goes for 350's so I'm being different and the smaller bikes must be getting rare cause most of them were well thrashed, abused and written off as they were learner approved back in the day.

Triple would be interesting as I have a spare rolling frame but no not for me I perfer to keeping them close to original.

"Interesting" is a damning by faint praise, the extra 15 or so kg over the front improves the steering,
    & 3 X the torque means the performance riding experience is much more, ah, - available..
    ( Yes I've got one, done earlier)..

It simply betters the Yam & the H2 in the one bike, - if riding, rather than strict originality is what you want..

Bike
    Blog Entries
    What I meant by interesting was its not a power plant I would have ever considered but the first thing that did spring to mind was lots of power in a frame that handles and stops unlike like the original Kawaski frame, would be one exciting ride for sure.

Not saying bad idea just I'm happy doing my bikes the way I want and if I did want a RZ with serious power would look at the big bore kits that are available before a repower.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    She's all legal .
    Now time to clock up some miles running her in.
    That is one well crisp resto...well done.

Is that you J.A.W?...and whats the thinking behind this idea?

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

" I am a friend of his, & he asked me to meet him here."

Its slippery stuff that nano-teflon, it'll stop the check-valves in the oil-pump from sticking (open, so flooding when parked),
    & the power-valves too.

Thread Information