Fantastic fleet.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...wot he said^...

Bike
    RD350LC
    Interested in how you did the decals as I got a new screen but want to replicate the yamaha on it. Thanks oj.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bike
    83 RZ350/85 RZ250R/84 RZ350R/84 RZ350K
    Blog Entries
    Hi, the TZR was the first bike I did and sign writer quoted $350 to replicate the decals so figured I would have a go myself and purchased a second hand commercial vinyl cutter, I traced what was left of the original decals then scanned and tidied up in cutting software and cut then from high quality vinyl I matched to correct colors. The "YAMAHA" is a font I matched.
    You could go see a sign writer and they should be able to cut one for only a few dollars as it's pretty easy one. Just watch they do the correct one as the later YAMAHA has the middle part of the M a little shorter and than early one your bike will have.
    Hope this helps

Bike
    RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Intruder VS View Post
    Hi, the TZR was the first bike I did and sign writer quoted $350 to replicate the decals so figured I would have a go myself and purchased a second hand commercial vinyl cutter, I traced what was left of the original decals then scanned and tidied up in cutting software and cut then from high quality vinyl I matched to correct colors. The "YAMAHA" is a font I matched.
    You could go see a sign writer and they should be able to cut one for only a few dollars as it's pretty easy one. Just watch they do the correct one as the later YAMAHA has the middle part of the M a little shorter and than early one your bike will have.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers for that. There's a sign shop we use for the car company logos so will go see them see how much for one off's.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well possible new project came home today, 92 RGV250N. Story goes it dropped a power valve and destroyed a piston so was stripped and left for maybe 5 years or so, bike is complete reg on hold.
    Engine looks like rain got into it as crank is rusty and won't budge other than that rest of bike is just cosmetically challanged so easy fix. Chambers and mufflers mint, plastics good just shit paint job.
    The thought of a Yammagamma did cross my mind as have a 350LC engine spare what you reckon?
    Can't bring myself to parting out as has live reg and would be cool do do something a little different
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7159.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	822.8 KB 
ID:	331267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7158.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	808.7 KB 
ID:	331268  

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Something cool. RMZ450 motor.

Whitetrash had one with a KX500 up it. That was exciting when it ran.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Drew you dork! Yer missing the point.

Someone I sort of know has ypvs in an earlier VJ21.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah liking the Yammagamma idea more and more, seems to be a thing of the past. Horse power about the same but can do a lot more to a RZ motor to up the power and in a light chassis would be fun plus be sort of cool to piss off the RGV purists.
    So thinking RZ350, mod the RGV chambers to bolt to RZ and rejet to suit, custom paint scheme blending RGV/Yamaha speed blocks.

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intruder VS View Post
    Yeah liking the Yammagamma idea more and more, seems to be a thing of the past. Horse power about the same but can do a lot more to a RZ motor to up the power and in a light chassis would be fun plus be sort of cool to piss off the RGV purists.
    So thinking RZ350, mod the RGV chambers to bolt to RZ and rejet to suit, custom paint scheme blending RGV/Yamaha speed blocks.
    Cheetah top end - go big!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Chambers will be the biggest part of the job. RGV will be unsuitable as shaped for a VTwin but also they rev higher and Stingers may be a bit small for a 175cc barrel let alone bigger. A stroked crank gives a decent engine. Going Cheetah adds another level of complexity and not insignificant cost. Trust me.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Chambers will be the biggest part of the job. RGV will be unsuitable as shaped for a VTwin but also they rev higher and Stingers may be a bit small for a 175cc barrel let alone bigger. A stroked crank gives a decent engine. Going Cheetah adds another level of complexity and not insignificant cost. Trust me.
    Good call on the chambers, I've learnt how to use CAD and vinyl cutting software so guess I will be learning how to use chamber design software now.

A deal has been done and will have a 1UA 350 coming my way soon, as to not overload myself and to keep motivation going will just rebore and port for now. Once bike is on road and I'm happy everything is good then STROKER!!

So making a plan which hopefully will go something like strip frame to bare roller, mock up and tack mounts with engine in place. See what else I may need such as off set sprocket etc then strip down weld mounts, cradle etc. Refurb frame, suspension,wheels etc. Rebuild engine final assembly of rolling bike fit RZ loom and electrics. Build chambers. Sort cosmetics and paint. Then wheelie time.

Yes I know theory and practicality are totally different things but at least it's a plan.

Dave what's your thoughts on rejecting and running the 34mm rgv carbs? Hope to use the rgv or RZ airbox

If anyone knows of this being done before any pointers will be appreciated.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    People have had some frame using RGV carbs but I don't really see why. They are downdraft so you'd need flatter manifolds and check for clearance as such. Different market and models, like Map VJ21 and all 22s have solenoids. These are for emissions so you just have to work out what gets blocked off. 21s were 32mm, 22s are 34mm. To be honest the easier conversion for a 350 is run KR1 carbs, or KX80 which are PWK28 and think they will work with std airbox.
    Everyone who fits them raves about them. Easily good for 70hp. I ended up using them on the bucket (as im using 35mm PWK) but KX carbs can be bought online cheap if you look. I'd avoid the clones.
    TZR reedblocks are the go with ovalised mounting holes.
    For giggles the RZ junction box only has a 29mm throw.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah I can dig out Peters details he could probably send you pictures of engine mounts.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Oh yeah I can dig out Peters details he could probably send you pictures of engine mounts.
    That would be really helpful if he wouldn't mind.

Had a look at the carbs but can't see any extra things like emission stuff just pretty plane Jane carbs maybe because it was a NZ new bike not a import. I will look into it a bit more later have to stick to plan and tackle one issue at a time.

Thread Information