Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rz250r f1

Bike
    83 RZ350/85 RZ250R/84 RZ350R/84 RZ350K
    Blog Entries
    Time for an update as to where things are at, haven't done much with the RGV yet just stripped down to bare roller and removed mounts ready to relocate. Have RZ350 case, barrels and wiring loom, CDI and power valve controller all 1UA just waiting on a mate to get all the engine internals located then I can start mounts etc so still a work in progress at this point.

Did pick up a Kawasaki 400LTD on the cheap, ran ok reg on hold ,cosmetically challenged even more than when new!!
    So what to do hmmmmmm quick tidy up maybe, still won't be worth more than I paid so can't believe in thinking this but dare I say it Cafe Racer
    Well seems logical make a gay looking bike gayer and put silly price on it, at least the cash made will go into a worth while project.
    Quick strip down, paint, polish etc oh and of course zorst wrapp and even now has a wof, only thing they questioned was the guards but ended up saying they were acceptable.
    No I will not advertise as LAMS approved only that the bike in its original for was.
    Ok so have a look at feel free to take the piss, is the first cafe I've built and most likely the last as no really my thing.

Oh and now look to have another future project, RD400C basket case with a 400E engine just need to figure out have to get it all from Lower Hutt to Gisborne.
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7435.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	803.7 KB 
ID:	332444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7436.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	823.8 KB 
ID:	332445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7305.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	815.1 KB 
ID:	332446  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I missed out on a RD400G, that I've been eyeing up for a decade and told him I wanted. Couldn't have put up the folding.

The Hutt eh? I could make it disappear for you. Just transfer the money, tell me where it is, and you'll never have to worry about all that messy fixing it up work.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    The Hutt eh? I could make it disappear for you. Just transfer the money, tell me where it is, and you'll never have to worry about all that messy fixing it up work.[/QUOTE]

Deal already done just needs pick up, I'm sure we could work out something like you take care of the messy and expensive stuff and in 3 months when finished I drop on a box of beers to you and ride it home

Ok reality now, looking forward to something a little more simple no liquid cooling or pesky power valves to worries about.
    As it's a bitsa bike may play around with chambers, suspension etc instead of a factory restore

Bike
    Enough that the car lives outside now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intruder VS View Post
    Good call on the chambers, I've learnt how to use CAD and vinyl cutting software so guess I will be learning how to use chamber design software now.
    save yourself the time and money, unless you are that way inclinded to need to do everything...

http://www.jl-exhausts.com/yamaha-rz...sts-1421-p.asp

Pipes for an RZ350 that are 2up on the right side....

Bike
    Time for an update as to where things are at, haven't done much with the RGV yet just stripped down to bare roller and removed mounts ready to relocate. Have RZ350 case, barrels and wiring loom, CDI and power valve controller all 1UA just waiting on a mate to get all the engine internals located then I can start mounts etc so still a work in progress at this point.
    Pity you are not using an RS250 Aprilia frame - I just saw a kit you could buy which had everything made and just needed the supplied mounts welded on for the full engine mount and cradle....

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Awesome find would save a fair amount of work will keep it in mind, I do like to do as much as I can myself get a lot of satisfaction at the end although sometimes wonder why the hell I bother while I'm doing it. Often much hair pulling and colorful language emanating from the shed.

Funny you mention a RS as was offered a frame a while ago but thought I would stay with the RGV as it's reg is on hold and the RS is just the frame nothing else as far as I know.

Bike
    Awesome find would save a fair amount of work will keep it in mind, I do like to do as much as I can myself get a lot of satisfaction at the end although sometimes wonder why the hell I bother while I'm doing it. Often much hair pulling and colorful language emanating from the shed.

Funny you mention a RS as was offered a frame a while ago but thought I would stay with the RGV as it's reg is on hold and the RS is just the frame nothing else as far as I know.
    Know what you mean - sometimes I just farm it out and pay the money - rather than spend a whole weekend trying to do one job with a crappy result...I learned what I'm good and not so good at and where sometimes easier to just pay an expert! Everyone's threshold here will be different, I'm sure!

Thread Information