Thread: Mail services

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Unbecomming...

But I think what you are after is something like MailChimp: http://mailchimp.com

We've used it before as part of a CRM solution and it worked for what we needed at that time.
    And Mandrill... Mailchimps transactional sister Requires cohorts given the doco I've seen. However I may well have missed something.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    I've already got that shit sorted already. I'm looking for a little more scale and flexibility with email.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki SV1000s
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    I've already got that shit sorted already. I'm looking for a little more scale and flexibility with email.
    That's just an example, modify it to suit your scalability + flexibility needs.

Bike
    CB1300
    If you are that determined to inconvenience yourself build your templates in js and send them via powershell or Linux equivalent but you will need an SMTP relay to send outside your domain. Try SES (amazon web service SMTP relay) you will need a few prerequisites but if you afit within the lab rules it's free. Sub 250 sends from memory. Otherwise cheap.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardNZ View Post
    That's just an example, modify it to suit your scalability + flexibility needs.
    I understand that, thanks. I was hoping to have to avoid being the template guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    If you are that determined to inconvenience yourself build your templates in js and send them via powershell or Linux equivalent but you will need an SMTP relay to send outside your domain. Try SES (amazon web service SMTP relay) you will need a few prerequisites but if you afit within the lab rules it's free. Sub 250 sends from memory. Otherwise cheap.

Sent via tapatalk.
    I'm already sending mail out, I just need something so that others can get involved how they want to get involved. Tis looking too hard mind lol.

Bike
    CB1300
    Or you could set up an internal Web page on a free cms like dnn community edition... then you will need to find appropriate free or lo cost plug ins to be your editor.
    Chuck some basic templates up and give them the freedom to create there own. The are plenty of wysiwyg template editors free from the community, or being .net you can use any office template. Js is just more platform agnostic.

Update cms a couple of times a year.

Job done.

You will need an sql instance, if 10 seats is enough and you have another solution for backups express will do.
    For stated purpose you could have IIS coexisting on a 4 core 4gb vm. Or a similarly specked desktop would do.

Otherwise look to invest in either infrastructure or a service.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Hey ya'll... I'm looking to send out simple messages to a selected group of system users. As such, I need a mail service that can take a dynamic user list and send a static email to that user. I'm pretty busy, so don't have much time to read all of the API doco or all of these services. This is mainly because all I seem to be able to find are services that require cohorts to be set up.

Any experiences/recommendations?
    At its most basic... you could just educate them to use mail merge in outlook if you are in exchange.
    Built in since ages ago and can connect to dls on your exchange.

Sent via tapatalk.
    Last edited by Big Dog; 11th February 2016 at 12:46. Reason: Removed accidental self quote.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Or you could set up an internal Web page on a free cms like dnn community edition... then you will need to find appropriate free or lo cost plug ins to be your editor.
    Chuck some basic templates up and give them the freedom to create there own. The are plenty of wysiwyg template editors free from the community, or being .net you can use any office template. Js is just more platform agnostic.

Update cms a couple of times a year.

Job done.

You will need an sql instance, if 10 seats is enough and you have another solution for backups express will do.
    For stated purpose you could have IIS coexisting on a 4 core 4gb vm. Or a similarly specked desktop would do.

Otherwise look to invest in either infrastructure or a service.

Sent via tapatalk.
    Been there, done that... could do it again, but was hoping not to.

At its most basic... you could just educate them to use mail merge in outlook if you are in exchange.
    Built in since ages ago and can connect to dls on your exchange.

Sent via tapatalk.
    Sounds like a cohort driven system. Meh, I'll figure something out.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the help. We've decided to add an extra manual step. Essentially using the service we have and changing the database as and when we send out email. It's not ideal, but it does the trick

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thread Information