Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wsbk 2016

Bike
    77 XL250
    Giugliano Does indeed look calmer. He was last season too - with the odd exception. Prior to that, I didn't know if I should watch or close my eyes as he did a Kamikaze around the track.

Sykes may be a little green around the gills and Hayden should be wearing a wide smile.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Scorpio
    I haven't watched the World Supersport race yet, but I went to Motomatters to check the results: Krummenacher from Caricasulo from West, with PJ Jacobsen 5th and Superglue nowhere. WTF?! Have I landed in a parallel universe? And who is Caricasulo?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post
    I haven't watched the World Supersport race yet, but I went to Motomatters to check the results: Krummenacher from Caricasulo from West, with PJ Jacobsen 5th and Superglue nowhere. WTF?! Have I landed in a parallel universe? And who is Caricasulo?
    Bit different huh ? Krum a 21 yr old Swiss,Carica 19yr old Ital and the aussie surfer West.

Tricky conditions,Sofog jumped off (literally)said his rear exploded ? My fav Cluzel cocked up ran wide and bumped tyre wall.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post
    Krumenacher won on debut. A promising start.

Superglue crashed while leading. He said the rear tyre exploded so he jumped off the bike . Sadly the TV didn't quite catch that.

Caricasula, a nineteen yo Italian, finished 3rd in the 600 superstock class last year. Or something like that?

West done good. He doesn't have a ride this year so got hold of a bike and put a scratch team together just for the PI race.

The racing was brilliant and the new commentary team is great. I've seen Mr English on Twitter for a year or two but was rather startled to hear him speak. It's almost as if he is flying a false flag. He's Irish? He is new to commentary, but seems highly regarded as a motorcycle racing expert by the other bike racing journos.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    ...The racing was brilliant and the new commentary team is great. I've seen Mr English on Twitter for a year or two but was rather startled to hear him speak. It's almost as if he is flying a false flag. He's Irish? He is new to commentary, but seems highly regarded as a motorcle racing expert by the other bike racing journos.
    I can't wait to watch it.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    My fav Cluzel cocked up ran wide and bumped tyre wall.
    Before the race Cluzel held up a sign wishing Lynda Blair NZ to get well. Lynda used to be the secretary of the Ducati owners NZ. As the commentator said, she travels all over the world to Superbike events. I saw her on screen at a USA round once.

A switched on lady. I hope her health problem isn't serious.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Before the race Cluzel held up a sign wishing Lynda Blair NZ to get well. Lynda used to be the secretary of the Ducati owners NZ. As the commentator said, she travels all over the world to Superbike events. I saw her on screen at a USA round once.
    A switched on lady. I hope her health problem isn't serious.
    Yep saw that,we all know Lynda,she's been around the traps for years.

I'm not in the loop any more to hear how things are going for her.
    I too, hope she's ok ?
    (Last time I heard from her she was having Charlie Checa over for a BBQ in the Hutt Valley !)

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Finally watched all 3 races last night. Epic.
    Going to take a very good rider to beat Rea on that Kwaka, I did like Chaz's win it or bin it attitude though, put on a great show but lets hope he doesn't do that too often as I see him as Rea's best rival.

Ant West was mental , that R6 was losing so much down the straight so he was just going in full tit to every corner. Did have it stopping rather well though and Phillip Island is a track that rewards a ballsy rider.
    Superglues tyre looked inflated to me in the replay, but they never showed the bike after the initial crash so I will withhold judgement. I did like West's wee look back at him when he re-payed the favour by giving him a bit of a rough pass after Superglu did it the lap before...

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I haven't looked yet,but Round Two must be today and tomorrow on Sky ?
    Dunno,must be late afternoon ?
    Go Little Johnny Rea No.1.

Bike
    moped
    Round Two tonight, Sat 12th - from 7.15pm to 11.00pm - pop up channel 55
    Sun 13th - from 8.00pm to 11.00pm - pop up channel 55

Don't like the new format having Race 1 on Saturday then Race 2 on Sunday, rather see the two Races same day. Suppose its all about the money again, getting spectators back to the track again for another day. Watched a pre season interview with some of the riders half were in favour the others were against.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Round Two tonight, Sat 12th - from 7.15pm to 11.00pm - pop up channel 55
    Sun 13th - from 8.00pm to 11.00pm - pop up channel 55

Don't like the new format having Race 1 on Saturday then Race 2 on Sunday, rather see the two Races same day. Suppose its all about the money again, getting spectators back to the track again for another day. Watched a pre season interview with some of the riders half were in favour the others were against.
    Ta for the times. Yes ,don't know about the two day races I can get the remote for one night but two is pushing it ?

Bike
    77 XL250
    Van Der Mark and Guintoli heading FP2. Not what I expected to see.

Bike
    77 XL250
    FP3

HAYDEN
    ABRAHAM
    SYKES
    GUINTOLI
    REA

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's seriously slow watching it live. Think I'll watch the races later when I can FF the dross.

Bike
    77 XL250
    A little bird told me the race 1 torrent was available from just after 11.00PM last night.

Thread Information