Thread: Scooter buying advice for newb.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Scooter buying advice for newb.

My 17yr old niece wants to buy a scooter to communt around Auckland on while she is studying. I am unable to give her good advice as it is not my thing. I would like to give her the name of someone she can go and see and get good realistic advice in auckland who can help set her up with what she needs bike wise.
    Thanks in advance.
    p.s. I am expecting people to take the piss but serious advice taken too!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    My 17yr old niece wants to buy a scooter to communt around Auckland on while she is studying. I am unable to give her good advice as it is not my thing. I would like to give her the name of someone she can go and see and get good realistic advice in auckland who can help set her up with what she needs bike wise.
    Thanks in advance.
    110 2s is a pretty good balance of power to handling. 50cc bikes tend to have really shit brakes and suspension tuned for a 10 year old.

2s takes less ongoing maintenance which is handy if you won't be about to check up on her all that often. Just keep topping up the oil and check your drive oil once in a while.
    Of course anything over a 50 is a different license but will live longer.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    CB1300
    And to satisfy your desire for piss taking.

Why do some men like riding scooters?
    To feel the wind in their vaginas.

Scooters are like fat chics.
    Just as much fun as the sportier models... until your mates catch you.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Have a look at the Yamaha Tricity - 110cc 4-stroke, leans into corners despite having two front wheels. A lot of people rate them well.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Have a look at the Yamaha Tricity - 110cc 4-stroke, leans into corners despite having two front wheels. A lot of people rate them well.
    If you are going to do that you might as well see about getting a Honda NEOWING

Bike
    2015 Yamaha Tricity

Cool Yamaha Tricity

I have one of these, they are actually 125cc. The beauty of them is you can ride on a car license, registration is only $135 a year, cheaper than 50 cc mopeds, they hold 70 kmh up hill and do 95 Kmh on the flat.
    Stable and safer with two wheels at the front means it wont slip out from under you in the wet, 3 disc brakes, enough room on the flat floor for 4 dozen beer, brilliant ! People do laugh and point at you though.

Bike
    2015 Yamaha Tricity
    Thanks in advance.
    Yamaha Tricity- safest scooter on the road $4500 new. car license only needed, 125 cc, cheapest registration.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Whatever she gets, she really does need to do some training, at least the ACC funded urban/scooter course that's available... and wears some proper gear, even when it's hot...

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Whatever she gets, she really does need to do some training, at least the ACC funded urban/scooter course that's available... and wears some proper gear, even when it's hot...
    Yep, I agree and have gear for her she can have but I really was hoping to find a person she can discuss the whole plot with, in the business and in Orks.
    But thanks for all the info so far everyone, might have to "test" ride one of those tricitys myself!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Honda

Tricity

Probably money well spent (if scooters are your thing) the Yamaha Nmax is another to be considered at the same price.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trufflebutter View Post
    Probably money well spent (if scooters are your thing) the Yamaha Nmax is another to be considered at the same price.
    I had a look at a Nmax last week. Liked the styling, but the foot space was too cramped. With the raised centre boot placement was limited. Also I felt the plastic body mouldings were far thinner and weaker than Yamaha usually put out. My YW100 beewee had a far more solid feel to it.
    Performance of the Nmax sounds pretty good for a 125.

The PCX150 Honda I rode a while ago is still the nicest of the 125-200cc scooters I have ridden.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    I had a look at a Nmax last week.
    Then maybe you should try out the Vmax this week

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    xp500 yamaha
    Thanks in advance.

Just come into this disscussion. Need criteria and budget.Its all a load shit otherwise.Yes loads of shit

Bike
    KTM 950SM, '78 X7, FZ750, GN250
    Don't touch ANYTHING chinese or 4 stroke (talking mopeds here), no matter the price.

Bike
    yamaha tricity
    that is a good idea awesome scooter I always ride to school, work, and fun to travel even long distance(100-200 km's)

Thread Information