Thread: Motard conversion?

Bike
    None

Motard conversion?

hello,

so i am about to buy a dirt bike probably yz 250 maybe yzf250 dunno not to fussed at the moment.

and i wanted to know if i need to do any thing to the suspension or can i just swap some wheels over and take it on the track, and then swap the wheels back to dirt ones to go on dirt?

also i live in Christchurch and wanted to put it on the track at ruaponua and was wondering if any one had any details on times and prices to go on the track, im not planning on racing it yet though just drive around it?

if any one is selling a bike to let me know 0221765040 not looking to spend more than 3k but will do if it includes a trailer.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer

Quote Originally Posted by Nevilleef12 View Post
    hello,

so i am about to buy a dirt bike probably yz 250 maybe yzf250 dunno not to fussed at the moment.

and i wanted to know if i need to do any thing to the suspension or can i just swap some wheels over and take it on the track, and then swap the wheels back to dirt ones to go on dirt?

also i live in Christchurch and wanted to put it on the track at ruaponua and was wondering if any one had any details on times and prices to go on the track, im not planning on racing it yet though just drive around it?

if any one is selling a bike to let me know 0221765040 not looking to spend more than 3k but will do if it includes a trailer.
    Be careful. Possibly not the bike of choice to become a tard. I had a mate spend a lot on wheels, suspension, jetting etc etc on just this conversion, but he never enjoyed it on track, especially compared with a purpose built motard.
    Motorcycling Canterbury is the club to join if you want to go on track, and for good advice.

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Motard conversion needs 2 new wheels (spacers likely required too). A new chain/sprocket combo (for different gearing). New brake discs, your rear brake could be fine, but you'll want a bigger front disc.

It'll be a 15 minute conversion, not 2 minutes

Bike
    Suspension set up/adjustments too. You'd be fine on the street but if you want to fang around the track you'll want to harden it up from the MX settings I'd imagine.

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Back in the 60s I had a Bultaco Pursang moto-crosser, I used to put race tyres and clip-ons on it and ride it at Ruapuna. It was great fun. It all depends on how much you want to get out of it, if it's for fun, and it will be, do the minimum work. You may not beat everything but I bet you will enjoy yourself.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Like mentioned you'll need the wheels obviously, spacers and a caliper re-locator I believe. Your brakes should be fine but if you need to upsize then go ahead.

I'm selling my bike at the moment if you're interested. Will be up on TradeMe this week.

2003 KTM350EXC-R.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o0JlH8f.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	320067

Thread Information