Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand start up - Head-up display

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubiechain View Post
    Not only a HUD - Its a IOT and Social platform to connect with other riders.

We will be the only company to successfully produce one Stay tuned
    I seem to recall you posting about it before, have you made progress with the optics and display etc?

Did the survey, I am only interested in it for the HUD aspects, not the IoT or social, nor the music etc.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2008 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Anyone who is not interested, is clearly not the target market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Done. Good luck with the venture hope something comes out of it.

And ignore the debbie downers. They would have whined about the internet saying we already have telephones.
    You know, when you're contemplating spending several years of your life, and a shitton of money trying to create a new product, it's generally a good idea to figure out if there actually *is* a market for the idea in the first place. It's not worth the time, stress, and cost trying to develop something that will never sell because no one wants it.

On the topic of a HUD for bikes? I'd love one, enough to drop some serious coin on it. The biggest complaint I have about the gixxer is that the dash is *way* below the line of vision (maybe in part because I'm 6'2"), enough that I have to look completely away from the road to actually see anything on it. Other than that, it's the best bike I've ever had by leaps and bounds.
    A simple HUD that projected speed, gear, check engine light(if it happens), and maybe tacho somewhere out of the way on the field of view would completely address that one issue.

Social media and IOT stuff is something I won't pay extra for, but won't put me off buying if and only if there's a way to turn all that crap off.
    IOT especially, as that's usually a massive security hole. Virtually noone bothers to properly secure data feeds from IOT anything.
    To be free is to accept the consequences of your acttions
    None so blind as will not see.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelitu View Post
    You know, when you're contemplating spending several years of your life, and a shitton of money trying to create a new product, it's generally a good idea to figure out if there actually *is* a market for the idea in the first place. It's not worth the time, stress, and cost trying to develop something that will never sell because no one wants it.
    To be fair, while I agree with the sentiments, all the bikers on all the forums everywhere, may not be their target market.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2008 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    To be fair, while I agree with the sentiments, all the bikers on all the forums everywhere, may not be their target market.
    Quite true. I'm certainly not the primary market.
    To be free is to accept the consequences of your acttions
    None so blind as will not see.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    I doubt there are many/any on here who have or want get back whips or those Gremlin/Troll charm things, yet (sadly?) there is a market for them

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelitu View Post

On the topic of a HUD for bikes? I'd love one, enough to drop some serious coin on it. The biggest complaint I have about the gixxer is that the dash is *way* below the line of vision (maybe in part because I'm 6'2"), enough that I have to look completely away from the road to actually see anything on it. Other than that, it's the best bike I've ever had by leaps and bounds.
    A simple HUD that projected speed, gear, check engine light(if it happens), and maybe tacho somewhere out of the way on the field of view would completely address that one issue.

Social media and IOT stuff is something I won't pay extra for, but won't put me off buying if and only if there's a way to turn all that crap off.
    IOT especially, as that's usually a massive security hole. Virtually noone bothers to properly secure data feeds from IOT anything.
    Add radar alert and it would be a cool thing. Problem i have is the shoei has the tint built in which only goes down half way so can't see the tach without moving my head.

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja

Red face

Thank you all your honest responses!

We are still developing our optics which is a holographic display which will have a projected image.

Our next steps are to implement the product with beta testers so we can get some live feedback.

Again, Thanks for all your time and your responses (good or bad) they all really help!

Cheers

Bike
    motocompo
    This product should have broad appeal amongst people that are unable to rotate their eyeballs.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    This sort of technology would be great when applied to car windscreens, but motorcyclists helmets?

No.

Lubiechain? More like Lubiecock...

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    I'm surprised Shoei/Arai haven't teamed up with a bike manufacturer to develop something. Need something like a canbus to Bee for real bike data. I don't think relying on a smartphone is going to cut it.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbuoy View Post
    I'm surprised Shoei/Arai haven't teamed up with a bike manufacturer to develop something. Need something like a canbus to Bee for real bike data. I don't think relying on a smartphone is going to cut it.
    Ive never found checking my instruments to be a hardship. . . . until now. Im surprised anyone else does to the point of needing a device to make it even easier than it is.

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Ive never found checking my instruments to be a hardship. . . . until now. Im surprised anyone else does to the point of needing a device to make it even easier than it is.
    I haven't ridden with a helmet hud so no idea how useful it will be. If someone wants to try and make one why not? Not hurting anyone.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Speed by all means ratting away in the corner of my vision would not hurt. God knows it accelerates bloody quickly and can get away on me in a flash.

Social media and the likes? Not for me - waste too much of my life on it now and head out to ride to avoid it and people!

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Yeah that's my outlook as well, but we all adapt to new stuff or should I say some of us adopt new gadgets?

The novelty or wow factor will be enough reason for some techno geeks to spend their dosh on HUD displays for their lid

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Not into that modern shit. Having said that I rode home in the dark last night without the dash lights working. Might have helped but I didn't speed too much anyway

Thread Information