Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72

Thread: New Zealand start up - Head-up display

  1. #46
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,712
    Why do we have to attach technology to absolutely everything?
    Get out there & fuckin ride, even if you fear your coiffured lumberjack beard may get wet & straggly.
    Clearly biking is becoming becoming gayfag central.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    1st October 2013 - 15:29
    Bike
    Raleigh 20
    Location
    Wakatipu
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Why do we have to attach technology to absolutely everything?
    Get out there & fuckin ride, even if you fear your coiffured lumberjack beard may get wet & straggly.
    Clearly biking is becoming becoming gayfag central.
    Fuck off. You old geezers have been matching your blouses to your bikes for decades. If anything screams 'gayfag central' it's that carry on, not the want of some mod cons

  3. #48
    Join Date
    6th May 2012 - 10:41
    Bike
    invisibike
    Location
    pulling a sick mono
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    4
    while i agree that open source is the thing to be done, or at leask an open dev kit.

    app, perhaps is modern parlance for "program", but the term "app" implies irrelevant shit that amalgamates functionality found elsewhere for no higher benefit than branding .

  4. #49
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Fuck off. You old geezers have been matching your blouses to your bikes for decades. If anything screams 'gayfag central' it's that carry on, not the want of some mod cons
    I have 17 motorbikes, one jacket & two helmets, You missed again.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    10th December 2005 - 15:33
    Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Location
    Majorka'
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Why do we have to attach technology to absolutely everything?
    Get out there & fuckin ride, even if you fear your coiffured lumberjack beard may get wet & straggly.
    Clearly biking is becoming becoming gayfag central.
    Yeah you sound like a really chilled happy guy content to let everyone do their own thing
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

  6. #51
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Fuck off. You old geezers have been matching your blouses to your bikes for decades. If anything screams 'gayfag central' it's that carry on, not the want of some mod cons
    I'm warming to electronic ignition Sonny

    Oddly technology has not improved my work life as I once thought it would, I find I have less resources to do more work and Cloud based systems that appear to have been designed by the same people who invented the Enigma coding device.

    My Schuberth helmet has intercom and music, both features I don't bother using as I'm riding a motorcycle not sitting in front of Facebook.

    Gotta go Coronation st is on and my Horlicks is getting cold.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    1st October 2013 - 15:29
    Bike
    Raleigh 20
    Location
    Wakatipu
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I have 17 motorbikes, one jacket & two helmets, You missed again.
    Man you must be busy being just one man while moonlighting as the entire population of bike riding folks from way back when till now....

  8. #53
    Join Date
    1st October 2013 - 15:29
    Bike
    Raleigh 20
    Location
    Wakatipu
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I'm warming to electronic ignition Sonny

    Oddly technology has not improved my work life as I once thought it would, I find I have less resources to do more work and Cloud based systems that appear to have been designed by the same people who invented the Enigma coding device.

    My Schuberth helmet has intercom and music, both features I don't bother using as I'm riding a motorcycle not sitting in front of Facebook.

    Gotta go Coronation st is on and my Horlicks is getting cold.
    After ruining a pair of brand new jeans I find I'm using a lecky leg a bit more lately

    Not every flash new thing suits everyone, but often the best advances are small ones that you take for granted/never notice/forget about.

    What I find interesting is the hate towards people who want/like to use new tech. What does it matter?
    Personally I think if you can't drive or ride with music on you have the mental capacity of a peanut and shouldn't be on the road, but there's no need to force that down any ones throat.
    Same with a HUD type thing. If it's so distracting because you're using features at times you shouldn't then you are too stupid to own it. If you don't need to own it, awesome, don't buy it....it's not hard

    And Coronation St + horlicks are still alive and well, somehow

  9. #54
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    After ruining a pair of brand new jeans I find I'm using a lecky leg a bit more lately

    Not every flash new thing suits everyone, but often the best advances are small ones that you take for granted/never notice/forget about.

    What I find interesting is the hate towards people who want/like to use new tech. What does it matter?
    Personally I think if you can't drive or ride with music on you have the mental capacity of a peanut and shouldn't be on the road, but there's no need to force that down any ones throat.
    Same with a HUD type thing. If it's so distracting because you're using features at times you shouldn't then you are too stupid to own it. If you don't need to own it, awesome, don't buy it....it's not hard

    And Coronation St + horlicks are still alive and well, somehow
    I'm down with new Teknollogie, just ordered LED lights for my trailer .

    ( last time I watched Coro St it was in black and white)
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,703
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    kind of like those lumberjack beards that have sprung up everywhere lately.
    Maybe out the back of Buttfuck nowhere - or Auckland. Haven't seen any here.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  11. #56
    Join Date
    4th March 2016 - 14:32
    Bike
    Honda
    Location
    Anywhere you want it
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    Technology is making people stupid(er).
    That queue is ever increasing.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,770
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Maybe out the back of Buttfuck nowhere - or Auckland. Haven't seen any here.
    I have a beard. It is the natural state of man... trimming / shaving my face to look more feminine would be unnatural indeed.

    That aside I do agree with anyone who dislikes those who cultivate one as as fashion statement. Especially the sort that goes to a barber to have theirs trimmed on a regular basis.

    Sent via tapatalk.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    10th March 2014 - 15:45
    Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    439
    The average age of a regular Kiwibiker member is about 50-60.

    This is basically an age where you can't teach an old dog new tricks really means something. Most people this age are shit scared of new technology and most likely remember the old days where you didn't have to wear a helmet and wish they could go back to that.

    It makes sense that they'd hate on such a new piece of technology.
    I think you've posted this on the wrong kind of website, kiwibiker is definitely not your target market.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    10th December 2005 - 15:33
    Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Location
    Majorka'
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    The average age of a regular Kiwibiker member is about 50-60.

    This is basically an age where you can't teach an old dog new tricks really means something. Most people this age are shit scared of new technology and most likely remember the old days where you didn't have to wear a helmet and wish they could go back to that.

    It makes sense that they'd hate on such a new piece of technology.
    I think you've posted this on the wrong kind of website, kiwibiker is definitely not your target market.
    It's definitely an age thing. I've caught myself doing it at work recently - a general reluctance to change. It's nice to hold onto nostalgia but if your not careful and keep your mind plastic you'll end up being replaced yourself.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

  15. #60
    Join Date
    6th May 2012 - 10:41
    Bike
    invisibike
    Location
    pulling a sick mono
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    4
    ahem. I am not "50-60" and i still think it's shit. Im not opposed to all new technology. Just shit stuff, or stuff that makes people lazy or stupid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •