Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand start up - Head-up display

Bike
    motocompo
    Why do we have to attach technology to absolutely everything?
    Get out there & fuckin ride, even if you fear your coiffured lumberjack beard may get wet & straggly.
    Clearly biking is becoming becoming gayfag central.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Get out there & fuckin ride, even if you fear your coiffured lumberjack beard may get wet & straggly.
    Fuck off. You old geezers have been matching your blouses to your bikes for decades. If anything screams 'gayfag central' it's that carry on, not the want of some mod cons

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    while i agree that open source is the thing to be done, or at leask an open dev kit.

app, perhaps is modern parlance for "program", but the term "app" implies irrelevant shit that amalgamates functionality found elsewhere for no higher benefit than branding .

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Fuck off. You old geezers have been matching your blouses to your bikes for decades. If anything screams 'gayfag central' it's that carry on, not the want of some mod cons
    I have 17 motorbikes, one jacket & two helmets, You missed again.

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Yeah you sound like a really chilled happy guy content to let everyone do their own thing
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I'm warming to electronic ignition Sonny

Oddly technology has not improved my work life as I once thought it would, I find I have less resources to do more work and Cloud based systems that appear to have been designed by the same people who invented the Enigma coding device.

My Schuberth helmet has intercom and music, both features I don't bother using as I'm riding a motorcycle not sitting in front of Facebook.

Gotta go Coronation st is on and my Horlicks is getting cold.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    I have 17 motorbikes, one jacket & two helmets, You missed again.
    Man you must be busy being just one man while moonlighting as the entire population of bike riding folks from way back when till now....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I'm warming to electronic ignition Sonny

Oddly technology has not improved my work life as I once thought it would, I find I have less resources to do more work and Cloud based systems that appear to have been designed by the same people who invented the Enigma coding device.

My Schuberth helmet has intercom and music, both features I don't bother using as I'm riding a motorcycle not sitting in front of Facebook.

Gotta go Coronation st is on and my Horlicks is getting cold.
    After ruining a pair of brand new jeans I find I'm using a lecky leg a bit more lately

Not every flash new thing suits everyone, but often the best advances are small ones that you take for granted/never notice/forget about.

What I find interesting is the hate towards people who want/like to use new tech. What does it matter?
    Personally I think if you can't drive or ride with music on you have the mental capacity of a peanut and shouldn't be on the road, but there's no need to force that down any ones throat.
    Same with a HUD type thing. If it's so distracting because you're using features at times you shouldn't then you are too stupid to own it. If you don't need to own it, awesome, don't buy it....it's not hard

And Coronation St + horlicks are still alive and well, somehow

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    After ruining a pair of brand new jeans I find I'm using a lecky leg a bit more lately

Not every flash new thing suits everyone, but often the best advances are small ones that you take for granted/never notice/forget about.

What I find interesting is the hate towards people who want/like to use new tech. What does it matter?
    Personally I think if you can't drive or ride with music on you have the mental capacity of a peanut and shouldn't be on the road, but there's no need to force that down any ones throat.
    Same with a HUD type thing. If it's so distracting because you're using features at times you shouldn't then you are too stupid to own it. If you don't need to own it, awesome, don't buy it....it's not hard

And Coronation St + horlicks are still alive and well, somehow
    I'm down with new Teknollogie, just ordered LED lights for my trailer .

( last time I watched Coro St it was in black and white)
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    kind of like those lumberjack beards that have sprung up everywhere lately.
    Maybe out the back of Buttfuck nowhere - or Auckland. Haven't seen any here.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    Technology is making people stupid(er).
    That queue is ever increasing.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Maybe out the back of Buttfuck nowhere - or Auckland. Haven't seen any here.
    I have a beard. It is the natural state of man... trimming / shaving my face to look more feminine would be unnatural indeed.

That aside I do agree with anyone who dislikes those who cultivate one as as fashion statement. Especially the sort that goes to a barber to have theirs trimmed on a regular basis.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    2015 DRZ400SM, 2010 R1
    The average age of a regular Kiwibiker member is about 50-60.

This is basically an age where you can't teach an old dog new tricks really means something. Most people this age are shit scared of new technology and most likely remember the old days where you didn't have to wear a helmet and wish they could go back to that.

It makes sense that they'd hate on such a new piece of technology.
    I think you've posted this on the wrong kind of website, kiwibiker is definitely not your target market.

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Quote Originally Posted by biketimus_prime View Post
    The average age of a regular Kiwibiker member is about 50-60.

This is basically an age where you can't teach an old dog new tricks really means something. Most people this age are shit scared of new technology and most likely remember the old days where you didn't have to wear a helmet and wish they could go back to that.

It makes sense that they'd hate on such a new piece of technology.
    I think you've posted this on the wrong kind of website, kiwibiker is definitely not your target market.
    It's definitely an age thing. I've caught myself doing it at work recently - a general reluctance to change. It's nice to hold onto nostalgia but if your not careful and keep your mind plastic you'll end up being replaced yourself.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    ahem. I am not "50-60" and i still think it's shit. Im not opposed to all new technology. Just shit stuff, or stuff that makes people lazy or stupid.

Thread Information