Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Zealand start up - Head-up display

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    I'm 26 years old, and even I miss the days when Facefag, twatter, and instacunt weren't so ingrained in society and daily life.

As stated by a few others before me, I'm all for new technology when it improves and enriches your life.

Fuck smart phones, smart watches, and touch screens that don't fucking work correctly, and that you would have just as high as a success rate than if you were to use your penis instead of your finger to operate.......

Oh, and fuck pointless heads up displays in helmets.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    Fuck smart phones, smart watches, and touch screens that don't fucking work correctly, and that you would have just as high as a success rate than if you were to use your penis instead of your finger to operate.......
    you learn something new every day.... I wondered what i'd been doing wrong.

Still, bit less painful than a typewriter.

Bike
    motocompo
    I took a 300km round trip last weekend on my bike & as a result of this thread, for the first time in probably a million KM's on bikes, I became aware of how & how often I check my instruments (theres a bit more going on than just the speed that I need to know about too) Up until now it has mostly been a subconscious part of the whole thing.
    I also did around 30km next to wire rope barriers, sometimes on both sides of me & that didn't kill me either, I also didn't slow down for the sign that said "this is a country road, slow down" & lived to tell the tale.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you learn something new every day.... I wondered what i'd been doing wrong.

Still, bit less painful than a typewriter.
    you don't see Dicktophones much these days, another victim of Feminism....

The blues band has a few good tunes.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I took a 300km round trip last weekend on my bike & as a result of this thread, for the first time in probably a million KM's on bikes, I became aware of how & how often I check my instruments (theres a bit more going on than just the speed that I need to know about too) Up until now it has mostly been a subconscious part of the whole thing.
    I also did around 30km next to wire rope barriers, sometimes on both sides of me & that didn't kill me either, I also didn't slow down for the sign that said "this is a country road, slow down" & lived to tell the tale.
    I contract to a tech company who has been around 100 years, they have surpassed the threshold of information overload, the last thing I need is more mental pollution entering my head.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    2010 Kawasaki Concours ZG1400
    Holy crap! I might be Dutch and a little tight, but that is friggen expensive in my opinion. Pushing $700.00 with an early bird discount of a hundred odd dollars. It certainly doesn't look like people are queuing to get their hands on the first 75 units.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-on-the-road?

Bike
    '08 Wee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggy View Post
    Holy crap! I might be Dutch and a little tight, but that is friggen expensive in my opinion. Pushing $700.00 with an early bird discount of a hundred odd dollars. It certainly doesn't look like people are queuing to get their hands on the first 75 units.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-on-the-road?
    Yeah, it looks cool, useful and all that jazz but fuck paying that much. I guess comparing against the failed Skully the price is in range, and you can move it to your next helmet but that it 2 or 3 times what I paid for my helmet.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Plus, wtf does this bit mean? "When we tested our v2 prototypes for wind drag we found that our HUD weighing 125 grams produced drag that was equivalent to only 50 grams weight! Since our final design is far more aerodynamic we expect it to perform even better."

Still, if it means we can swipe right while riding, can't be a bad thing...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    2010 Kawasaki Concours ZG1400
    I think that means that this unit unintentionally functions like an aircraft wing, producing a certain amount of lift at some unspecified speed.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    You would have to be functionally retarded to "invest" in this piece of shit after the Skully and Nuviz fiascoes.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    a system which warns coming up to blind corners if it detects the road being blocked by a horse or something would be ideal -- all this other stuff is just for a waste of time

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubbo View Post
    a system which warns coming up to blind corners if it detects the road being blocked by a horse or something would be ideal -- all this other stuff is just for a waste of time
    Coming soon - but no need for a hud. Roadside sensors will be needed as part of the self driving car network.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Thread Information