Page 284 of 638 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    There's just so much to worry about...
    Moon landings
    Boston marathon
    JFK
    never mind I'll organise some decorative chemtrails tomorrow, that'll be nice!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    bandit
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    but thats it though, if you receive or send a message to anyone in the state department it is still recorded on the state department server. The main issue i see with it is a hacking security risk with a private server, which means all the indiscretions of the trump administration are in essence exactly the same. Or worse because they are also knowingly doing so after all the shitstorm in the media using a private server for official documents,But don't worry the trump administration is investigating their own people so expect a real robust investigation.
    That's barely half of it. From an IT perspective - using a cloud-based Email service for official communication is frowned upon, the reality of those setups are is that as cloud-based services, their internal security is often top notch - the only vector for attack is a weak password. This combined with the fact that a lot of email communication these days is on a mobile device, where often a user might have their corporate and personal email accounts loaded on the same device tends to lead to the occasional email sent from the wrong account - and as such, a blind eye is often turned.

However, setting up a Private Email server is an entirely different scenario - for starters - what is your security policy on that server? Is the Server configured with the latest security patches? Are you following various security standards (such as PCI DSS, IETF recommendations etc.) What is your auditing policy on the server? What about Backups?

The fact that 30,000 emails have been permanently deleted means at the very least the Auditing and Backup policy was not very robust (if a small group of people can erase all the data).

Reading the article you posted - all I can say (as an IT admin) is that the article is Horse Shit. And I'll give you a very simple scenario - if I email you from my private email address, to your private email address but I do so in an official capacity - that will be logged Nowhere.

In effect it's trying to claim that Email headers that will be stored on the recipient end is sufficient for official use - Considering that headers are added sequentially by each email server in the chain - it's piss easy to forge a set of headers - so that article is laughable in it's defence "oh if you email someone official, then it's stored on that end and is a sufficient audit trail"

TL;DR - if Hilary worked at any company I've worked at - She'd have been hauled up in front of the CEO for serious breach of IT policy and summarily dismissed,

In regards to the claim that in the Trump administration, that private email servers are "reportably" alive and well (with no evidence backing that up) - and for the Trump phone claims - He had a personal Twitter account and a personal Mobile phone predating his role as POTUS, this is just an attempt to deflect.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

In regards to the claim that in the Trump administration, that private email servers are "reportably" alive and well (with no evidence backing that up) - and for the Trump phone claims - He had a personal Twitter account and a personal Mobile phone predating his role as POTUS, this is just an attempt to deflect.
    Security is always a trade off against convenience, and it has been reported that Trump does not follow the accepted procedures as they are too much trouble. To be fair, as reported, they did look very cumbersome, but Obama managed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post

Does this feel like winning yet?
    Well it will for the banksters - "they", will be laughing all the way to the - err, "bank"!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokel View Post
    His "mistress" was another FBI agent, collusion comes to mind.
    That she was an FBI agent is understood. I didn't specifically mention that because I thought everybody knew. Collusion is a journalist's word, the crime is conspiracy. Nobody, apart possibly from some grandstanding Republican nut jobs, is suggesting a conspiracy in this instance. Unlike Trump, in which case there is an ongoing investigation into his conspiracy with a hostile government. This has had two people in jail so far - and counting.

By the way, if you want to be taken seriously, don't post links to Fox and Friends. Or Infowars. They cater to fuckwits.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Sold

America first???? - Really?

Netanyahu Brags About Controlling Trump - Media Silent? - and not a Russian in sight?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    By the way, if you want to be taken seriously, don't post links to Fox and Friends. Or Infowars. They cater to fuckwits.
    What about the Daily Mirror?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Indeed. What about it?

Bike
    Yo momma
    or the herald...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    That's barely half of it. From an IT perspective - using a cloud-based Email service for official communication is frowned upon, the reality of those setups are is that as cloud-based services, their internal security is often top notch - the only vector for attack is a weak password. This combined with the fact that a lot of email communication these days is on a mobile device, where often a user might have their corporate and personal email accounts loaded on the same device tends to lead to the occasional email sent from the wrong account - and as such, a blind eye is often turned.

However, setting up a Private Email server is an entirely different scenario - for starters - what is your security policy on that server? Is the Server configured with the latest security patches? Are you following various security standards (such as PCI DSS, IETF recommendations etc.) What is your auditing policy on the server? What about Backups?

The fact that 30,000 emails have been permanently deleted means at the very least the Auditing and Backup policy was not very robust (if a small group of people can erase all the data).

Reading the article you posted - all I can say (as an IT admin) is that the article is Horse Shit. And I'll give you a very simple scenario - if I email you from my private email address, to your private email address but I do so in an official capacity - that will be logged Nowhere.

In effect it's trying to claim that Email headers that will be stored on the recipient end is sufficient for official use - Considering that headers are added sequentially by each email server in the chain - it's piss easy to forge a set of headers - so that article is laughable in it's defence "oh if you email someone official, then it's stored on that end and is a sufficient audit trail"

TL;DR - if Hilary worked at any company I've worked at - She'd have been hauled up in front of the CEO for serious breach of IT policy and summarily dismissed,

Going on and on about the security of her own server use is rather stupid as i have aready said its an important issue
    One thing you missed however is its perfectly acceptable to have a private email account for private emails.
    As i clearly stated the members of the trump administration were it seems also sending state department emails over their own private email accounts so for you to say its different is naive in its extreme. Because its the exact same problem. Only it is rather worse considering their own administrations publicity of Hilary's alleged indiscretions.
    The FBI went through the emails sent from Hilary and found no evidence of official emails or state secrets being passed on to other parties.
    It appears the email server was only hacked after Trump asked publicly that it should be hacked.
    Documents released by Special Counsel Robert Mueller in connection with the indictment of 12 Russian intelligence officers, claim the hackers targeted a domain used by Ms Clinton’s personal office “on or about July 27 2016”.

The indictment alleges the hackers also on that day, targeted 76 email accounts belonging to the Clinton campaign by means of so-called spear phishing – a technique used to try and access specific addresses.
    As i clearly stated any official state department emails are still able to be tracked at the state department end. Are you suggesting this is not true?
    Note saying she would be fired if it was a private company is rather stupid because it was not in the state department rules to do so.

As i have said the Trump administration is intending to do its own investigation odd that the FBI did the investigation into the Clinton use but Trumps administration plans to conduct its own which is hardly transparent.
    Also as has been stated Trump actually refuses to have his phone security checked as per protocols so to even infer its an attempted deflection is rather stupid.
    The deflection would be you ignoring that this is also genuine grounds for dismissal in a lot of firms also.
    Here is a classic Trump deflection.
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ess-dnc-serve/

What is rather interesting about this whole debacle is the IT security never apparently realised her emails were not going to the state department official email address in the first place.
    How is it possible that so many official emails were routed to the outside without anyone in IT ever even noticing or raising concerns?
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    The FBI went through the emails sent from Hilary and found no evidence of official emails or state secrets being passed on to other parties.
    Maybe they were in the 30,000 emails that were erased.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In case anybody here has reservations about my reference to Republican nut jobs may I offer a news item? The politician that Sacha Baron Cohen duped into baring his arse while shouting 'Nigger' on TV, after initially saying he would not resign, has overnight announced his resignation.

I recorded the first episode of the show but the cringe factor was just too high. Interest in the show has surged after this latest casualty but...

For those with stronger stomachs - Who is America? Mondays 10:30PM on SOHO.

Bike
    husaberg
    Maybe they were in the 30,000 emails that were erased.
    Maybe is not a fact. ps emails on server are never really instantly erased.

Where this claim came from was a presidential debate.
    Trump claimed Clinton deserved to be thoroughly investigated — and elsewhere in the debate, jailed — because of the 33,000 emails she allegedly deleted in violation of a congressional subpoena.
    Trump’s accusation that is flat-out incorrect. FBI Director James Comey has repeatedly said that there’s “no evidence” Clinton’s emails were deleted in an attempt to hide them, and all of the documents released by the FBI’s investigation since then have backed that up that conclusion.

But like many wild accusations, Trump’s claim is built around a true fact: Somewhere around 33,000 emails from Clinton’s time as secretary of state really were deleted. Trump, however, omitted the most crucial fact about these emails — Clinton’s team ordered them to be deleted before any subpoenas had been issued.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    In case anybody here has reservations about my reference to Republican nut jobs may I offer a news item? The politician that Sacha Baron Cohen duped into baring his arse while shouting 'Nigger' on TV, after initially saying he would not resign, has overnight announced his resignation.

I recorded the first episode of the show but the cringe factor was just too high. Interest in the show has surged after this latest casualty but...

For those with stronger stomachs - Who is America? Mondays 10:30PM on SOHO.
    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...21389162905600
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information