Page 425 of 638 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    One of those I'll entertain: Designed Obselessence is an interesting one - people love to wax lyrical about well-designed machines that lasted a lifetime. How the need to keep producing is a huge economic drain on resources etc.

Especially the Environmental types. What they are curiously silent on is how horrendously inefficient some of those old designs are. It's a curious twist of fate that by designing an appliance to have a finite lifespan, recycling them, it does a good job of making sure that old and power-hungry appliances are removed from circulation.

Yeah, all those Eco-Warriors on their Latest iPhones, drinking at StarBucks, they are soooooooooo anti-consumerism...

(when everyone else does it, but not them, they are good)

Ah, the Racist, Sexist, Misandry of the Left Wing.

Nevermind the fact that most of the people who are supposedly 'in charge' got there by being successful - by doing things that people wanted, by innovating - let's just leave that part out and blame 'the other'

Define 'at the expense of others' - for all it's ills (and there are a metric fuck-tonne) the industrialisation of China (for example) has lifted huge swathes of the population out of a brutal subsistence lifestyle.

I feel the need to repeat that China (and other economies, like India) have massive labor and regulatory issues and I'm not trying to make light of them - the advancement does come at a cost, but it IS advancement - You only have to look back 50-60 years to see when China was starving to death.

Wow.

You care so much about other people that you are willing to Kill them.

Your hatred of Capitalism, your espousing of certain EcoFascist viewpoints, you sound like someone we have all heard of - here, let's see if you recognize who you sound like:
    Dick............
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Dick............
    So, saying people should be assassinated, making Racist and Sexist comments - that's fine when you do it, but when you get called on it, somehow, I'm the Dick?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    So, saying people should be assassinated, making Racist and Sexist comments - that's fine when you do it, but when you get called on it, somehow, I'm the Dick?
    Racist? Sexist?

You haven't called me on it, not even remotely ,you have just spouted a whole lot of drivel in reply to try and make yourself seem intelligent to yourself. Its like wanking but with a keyboard.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Racist? Sexist?

You haven't called me on it, not even remotely ,you have just spouted a whole lot of drivel in reply to try and make yourself seem intelligent to yourself. Its like wanking but with a keyboard.
    IF, you actually give a shit, you have 3 choices.

Argue with fucktards who don't have a clue.
    Discuss potential futures with fucktards who do have a clue.
    Pretend that it's all just a dream... and I can pass you various methodologies whatever your bent along those lines... inherently pointless like, but all very interesting in their own way that may well tick that box.

I'm sure you'll be able to add a 4th or 5th... but at the end of the day, you cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into. Bravo, and commiserations, for taking the leap for what it's worth (meant genuinely). Watch out for those conspiracy theory peeps though, some of them actually know the same things as you re the economy, but they went to find out why things are the way they are. Again, an inherent waste of time, but again all very interesting and certainly not something that makes anyone a crackpot. It's like saying, oh you believe in 9/11 therefore you must believe in faked moon landings and everything that is open to question irrespective of how ridiculous it sounds. A completely fucktarded position for any sane human being to take, but hey, it's generally the default position of the so called educated. Oh yeah that reminds me, watch out for the Resource Based Economy advocates that aren't conspiracy theory advocates also. Do not challenge the ONLY, they run out of reasons real quick. Also watch out for Extinction Rebellion and The School Kids. They want what the economy cannot deliver and don't know it, moreover they're shouting at people who are doing the best they can with what they have to do more... almost as if those who are doing everything that they can with what they have are keeping something up their sleeve for a rainy day.

Inherently, you have 3 choices. Best of luck.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries

As for Donald - The continued and baseless attacks on him by Elements that cannot fathom or accept that they lost are going to guarantee he gets re-elected. The wider populace outside of New York and California can see that much of the vitriol hurled at him is just straw-grasping, which serves to only reinforce the validity of voting for him in the first place.
    Sorry man, but that is a big yeah nahh from me. I have just returned from living in A mid sized farming town/Community in Arkansas for the last one and a half years. I cannot begin to tell you just how arch-typical that town was. Anyhow, I can absolutely assure you Trump is not popular at all with farming communities. On the whole they feel is he a blow hard that in fact did not follow through with any promises they felt were related to them - badly letting them down in the process, or lack there of. Heard the saying "fool me once yadda yadda numerous times). Combine that with the "Easy to Win" trade war with China wiping out a huge chunk of their business, he is seriously unpopular.

The non farmers about the town that talked with me about Trump were just plain embarrassed by him. The whole time I was there, my business had me visiting the CBD every day except Sundays, and in all that time, I only saw one MAGA hat, and right at the end of my stay, one Trump bumper sticker - on a Septic Tank truck - how I laughed.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    IF, you actually give a shit, you have 3 choices.

Argue with fucktards who don't have a clue.
    Discuss potential futures with fucktards who do have a clue.
    Pretend that it's all just a dream... and I can pass you various methodologies whatever your bent along those lines... inherently pointless like, but all very interesting in their own way that may well tick that box.

I'm sure you'll be able to add a 4th or 5th... but at the end of the day, you cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into. Bravo, and commiserations, for taking the leap for what it's worth (meant genuinely). Watch out for those conspiracy theory peeps though, some of them actually know the same things as you re the economy, but they went to find out why things are the way they are. Again, an inherent waste of time, but again all very interesting and certainly not something that makes anyone a crackpot. It's like saying, oh you believe in 9/11 therefore you must believe in faked moon landings and everything that is open to question irrespective of how ridiculous it sounds. A completely fucktarded position for any sane human being to take, but hey, it's generally the default position of the so called educated. Oh yeah that reminds me, watch out for the Resource Based Economy advocates that aren't conspiracy theory advocates also. Do not challenge the ONLY, they run out of reasons real quick. Also watch out for Extinction Rebellion and The School Kids. They want what the economy cannot deliver and don't know it, moreover they're shouting at people who are doing the best they can with what they have to do more... almost as if those who are doing everything that they can with what they have are keeping something up their sleeve for a rainy day.

Inherently, you have 3 choices. Best of luck.
    Yeah, but I am on the right track...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Sorry man, but that is a big yeah nahh from me. I have just returned from living in A mid sized farming town/Community in Arkansas for the last one and a half years. I cannot begin to tell you just how arch-typical that town was. Anyhow, I can absolutely assure you Trump is not popular at all with farming communities. On the whole they feel is he a blow hard that in fact did not follow through with any promises they felt were related to them - badly letting them down in the process, or lack there of. Heard the saying "fool me once yadda yadda numerous times). Combine that with the "Easy to Win" trade war with China wiping out a huge chunk of their business, he is seriously unpopular.

The non farmers about the town that talked with me about Trump were just plain embarrassed by him. The whole time I was there, my business had me visiting the CBD every day except Sundays, and in all that time, I only saw one MAGA hat, and right at the end of my stay, one Trump bumper sticker - on a Septic Tank truck - how I laughed.
    The China thing is interesting - There's a lot to be said for successive presidents not wanting to 'rock-the-boat' and allowing China to take liberties that they shouldn't. There's also a lot to be said that we've gotten to the point where the cure is worse than the Disease.

I have one question though - in your discussions with people who think he's either a blow-hard or are embarrassed by him - what were their thoughts on Hillary?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Racist? Sexist?

So, this wasn't you then:

Soon the old fat white men
    Because when you use that phrase, you are attacking them on the basis of their Race and Gender. It's usage is no different from a white supremecist referring to 'Nigger Bitches popping out kids' - Same vitriol, same hatred. Same Racism, Same Sexism.

And then you've got this:

Prick needs assasinating.
    You are advocating for Murder, regardless of the Hyperbole, against someone you don't like. You don't like them because of the views they hold. That's only 1 step away from the Christchurch terrorist (he put words to actions) and 2 steps away from the NKVD and 'disappearances'.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    So, this wasn't you then:

Because when you use that phrase, you are attacking them on the basis of their Race and Gender. It's usage is no different from a white supremecist referring to 'Nigger Bitches popping out kids' - Same vitriol, same hatred. Same Racism, Same Sexism.

And then you've got this:

You are advocating for Murder, regardless of the Hyperbole, against someone you don't like. You don't like them because of the views they hold. That's only 1 step away from the Christchurch terrorist (he put words to actions) and 2 steps away from the NKVD and 'disappearances'.
    Yeah, but I am still right and you are still stupid.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but I am on the right track...
    Thanks. ... you look to be following the evidence of what is happening. Whether you choose to believe it or not is, and always will be, entirely up to you... all fun and games aside that is. Did you have a question regarding that thing I PM'd you, or did you write it off as impossible?... assuming that you read it that is.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Yeah, but I am still right and you are still stupid.
    And that is the Justification that every Dictator used when murdering Millions.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    The China thing is interesting - There's a lot to be said for successive presidents not wanting to 'rock-the-boat' and allowing China to take liberties that they shouldn't. There's also a lot to be said that we've gotten to the point where the cure is worse than the Disease.

I have one question though - in your discussions with people who think he's either a blow-hard or are embarrassed by him - what were their thoughts on Hillary?
    Oh, I agree, China had to be reigned in, their intellectual property theft alone is shocking. But the Bull in a China approach was not the best approach imo. To my observation Trump does not place much thought or analysis into much of anything he does. Not the best approach for a person of his position.

Not many mentioned Hillary, the few that did just said they plain did not like or trust her. Their focus very much seemed to be on the current situation. I think the majority of the "what about Hilary" Brigade are to be found online. The average American seemed more interested in what is happening to them right now. Trust me, they are noticing the higher prices they are paying in stores thanks to the trade war - and the lower income States like Arkansas feel it especially hard. They know where to place the blame for that.

Bike
    Sold

Chrystal ball gazing?

- The USA (in their current form) are marked up for disposal/destruction/dispersal (pick any one) it's simply a matter of when rather than if. - - (watch this space)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Oh, I agree, China had to be reigned in, their intellectual property theft alone is shocking. But the Bull in a China approach was not the best approach imo. To my observation Trump does not place much thought or analysis into much of anything he does. Not the best approach for a person of his position.
    I agree in part, I've read parts of Trumps book - the Art of the Deal - and in particular he advocates for going in with a large number of demands, most of them spurious, and then 'negotiating' down to the few things he actually wanted.

So his Bull in a China shop (btw - Bonus Pun Points coming your way) is consistent - you go in hard and heavy, get their attention and then negotiate back down to the place you wanted to be.

It seemed to have worked with North Korea - I agree it's a very high-risk strategy, but given he's written about the approach that he takes, I think he places a lot more thought and analysis into it, but deliberately plays it as if he doesn't.

For my PoV, There's too many instances where starts from a position of wild rhetoric/twitter posts in public and then things seem to go his way.

I read the other day about how Mexico was starting to police illegal Migrants going from Mexico to the US. Or the Time when he decided not to retaliate for the shooting down of a US drone.

Not many mentioned Hillary, the few that did just said they plain did not like or trust her. Their focus very much seemed to be on the current situation. I think the majority of the "what about Hilary" Brigade are to be found online. The average American seemed more interested in what is happening to them right now. Trust me, they are noticing the higher prices they are paying in stores thanks to the trade war - and the lower income States like Arkansas feel it especially hard. They know where to place the blame for that.
    I guess it comes down to who they Trust more. The actions of the DNC in wholly embracing the radical left-wing are more likely to ensure another term for Trump. The question for your fellow Arkansans/Arkansawyers is whether or not the higher prices (with the promise of future riches) are worth voting for the DNC.

Trump maybe inflicting short-term (hopefull) pain with the Trade war, but as you said, China needed something done about it, People can and will blame Trump - however in reality, there's about 40 years worth of Presidents who failed to do anything about it.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    And that is the Justification that every Dictator used when murdering Millions.
    Mate, everyone thinks your stupid, not just dictators.

Thread Information