Page 482 of 638 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, one big kid picking on a little kid - classy stuff.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Yeah, one big kid picking on a little kid - classy stuff.
    One little Kid....

Who is being used as a puppet by both her Parents and wider left-wing activists.

You can spare me the 'oh won't someone think of the Children' until you are prepared to level equal scorn at those who put her in the Spotlight.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So, she is open game for a butt sore United States President to have a go at her for getting the award he coveted because of her parenting? I'm sure you would be just fine if the POTUS publicly ridiculed your daughter because he did not approve of your parenting slants?
    Trump even had a fake Time Magazine cover with himself on the cover hanging in Marlago. Yep, simply the perfect paper thin skinned man for the so called most powerful job in the World.

Do you not find it odd that a self proclaimed multi millionaire/billionaire (depending on which interview you see) feels the need to pilfer from a charity he owns and runs?
    I'll wait for your justifications on why he felt entitled to do that with baited

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    You can put anything you want on the the walls of the property you own. Straw man argument at best.

If they wanted to get rid of him he would have been assassinated a long time ago. Of course there's ben a few failed attempts. Some one is looking after his back.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Personal opinion. We get to express them here.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    And I put forward mine. Or are we no allowad to respond to other members posts in a civil manner?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I did, and you did - so we did.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    So, she is open game for a butt sore United States President to have a go at her for getting the award he coveted because of her parenting? I'm sure you would be just fine if the POTUS publicly ridiculed your daughter because he did not approve of your parenting slants?
    Trump even had a fake Time Magazine cover with himself on the cover hanging in Marlago. Yep, simply the perfect paper thin skinned man for the so called most powerful job in the World.

Do you not find it odd that a self proclaimed multi millionaire/billionaire (depending on which interview you see) feels the need to pilfer from a charity he owns and runs?
    I'll wait for your justifications on why he felt entitled to do that with baited
    I wouldn't thrust any of my children into the limelight for my personal political Gain.

Does that answer the question?

If not - more specifically - lets forgo the fact she is being used by special interest groups in a way that I think is utterly reprehensible for the moment - She wants to step up to the world stage and be a global figure, That means she's stepped into the ring, voluntarily* - and now you are complaining when she's taken a hit?

It doesn't matter who is throwing the metaphorical punches, the exit from public life and the criticism is very easy (and maybe even preferable)

Now onto the part I marked with an asterisk - If you want to play the 'but she's a child' card - then you have to play it to it's logical conclusion, that as a Child she doesn't have any agency and so everything that is happening is at the behest of her Parents and the organizations that they are affiliated with. They are (ab)using a child for their political means.

As I said - You can critique Trump when you critique her parents and the organizations that are pushing this with Equal Venom.

To end - I remember a time when people hanging on street corners with signs saying 'The end is Nigh' were ridiculed - what a strange time we live in when they give speeches at the UN and are Time Person of the Year...

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    When I enter politics no matter the age you are fair game full stop.

RGB tried to push for the age of consent to be dropped to 12. A great forward thinker she is.

Bike
    Sold

Interesting?

Trump signs executive order aimed at suppressing criticism of Israel? - https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/201.../anti-d12.html - Why? - - Think about that? - MAGA or MIGA?

Bike
    aprilia
    Its a CULT!!!!

Bike
    aprilia

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I wouldn't thrust any of my children into the limelight for my personal political Gain.

Does that answer the question?

If not - more specifically - lets forgo the fact she is being used by special interest groups in a way that I think is utterly reprehensible for the moment - She wants to step up to the world stage and be a global figure, That means she's stepped into the ring, voluntarily* - and now you are complaining when she's taken a hit?

It doesn't matter who is throwing the metaphorical punches, the exit from public life and the criticism is very easy (and maybe even preferable)

Now onto the part I marked with an asterisk - If you want to play the 'but she's a child' card - then you have to play it to it's logical conclusion, that as a Child she doesn't have any agency and so everything that is happening is at the behest of her Parents and the organizations that they are affiliated with. They are (ab)using a child for their political means.

As I said - You can critique Trump when you critique her parents and the organizations that are pushing this with Equal Venom.

To end - I remember a time when people hanging on street corners with signs saying 'The end is Nigh' were ridiculed - what a strange time we live in when they give speeches at the UN and are Time Person of the Year...
    You are back to the habit of putting A LOT of words in my mouth.
    What I simply say is that any president that feels the need to tweet disparaging remarks about a 14? year old kid is in my opinion beneath the office.
    I have only bothered to watch one clip of her and she was very angry, shitty and over dramatic (an average young teen girl in my experience), thus a lot of her message in my opinion was lost. My opinion and knowledge of her ends at that point. And I don't care enough about her to look any deeper.

Nut shell time on my Trump is President opinions.

A Good president is honest and to the best of their ability stick with their word.
    A Good president is empathetic, but not to the point of attempting to wrap everyone's problem in cotton wool.
    A Good president is able to work with others for the best possible results, even if their ideology different from them - they are able to get over themselves to achieve what is best for the majority.
    A Good president is respected by other World leaders and thus taken seriously.
    A Good president has a broad knowledge of social habits, impacts of foreign policies, and a shit load more pieces of the puzzle that need to be analyzed, understood and placed together in the best possible way for the good of the people.

Is Trump any of the above? My opinion from all I have seen that answer is a resounding no.
    And no, his alleged skills with money in no way override all of the above.

A lot of people take great pleasure in him triggering the left and making the democrats look stupid - and he does that brilliantly - the thing he is best at.
    But what position on the list of presidential talents should that skill lay?
    Pretty fuckin low in my opinion.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    You are back to the habit of putting A LOT of words in my mouth.
    How so? Most of what I posted was my opinion on Greta - the only thing I attributed to you was the 'think of the Children' card.

What I simply say is that any president that feels the need to tweet disparaging remarks about a 14? year old kid is in my opinion beneath the office.
    She's on the world stage, trying to change global Policy - that makes her fair game.

I have only bothered to watch one clip of her and she was very angry, shitty and over dramatic (an average young teen girl in my experience), thus a lot of her message in my opinion was lost. My opinion and knowledge of her ends at that point. And I don't care enough about her to look any deeper.
    You aren't missing much.

A Good president is honest and to the best of their ability stick with their word.
    He's done as good as, if not better job than the last 3? Presidents at sticking to his word, in my opinion.

A Good president is empathetic, but not to the point of attempting to wrap everyone's problem in cotton wool.
    Now, the popular opinion will be that Trump doesn't care - and there's certainly instances that will no doubt be pointed to, to back that at. However - to me at least, Trump has no time for people pro-porting to be the Victim, whilst having massive activist/media/political backing.

A Good president is able to work with others for the best possible results, even if their ideology different from them - they are able to get over themselves to achieve what is best for the majority.
    He's done so on a number of issues - can the same be said for the Democrats? They regard him as Evil Incarnate, yet he still soldiers on.

A Good president is respected by other World leaders and thus taken seriously.
    It's funny how much respect and seriousness they defer to him, when they want something from the US, however the Mocking the he receives is more a slight against the other World Leaders who have their noses out of joint, than anything on Trump.

A Good president has a broad knowledge of social habits, impacts of foreign policies, and a shit load more pieces of the puzzle that need to be analyzed, understood and placed together in the best possible way for the good of the people.
    It seems like your standard for being a good president is Omniscience... I'll also raise the Historically, most US presidents have been guilty of multiple faux pas in regards to Foreign Knowledge/customs etc. This is not to say that Trump shouldn't or couldn't be better, nor is this to say that I think you are wrong on this point, however as an aside - I can think of a few things that dear old Aunty Cindy has done that fall foul of that standard - so take from that what you will.

Is Trump any of the above? My opinion from all I have seen that answer is a resounding no.
    And no, his alleged skills with money in no way override all of the above.

A lot of people take great pleasure in him triggering the left and making the democrats look stupid - and he does that brilliantly - the thing he is best at.
    But what position on the list of presidential talents should that skill lay?
    Pretty fuckin low in my opinion.
    I've put my comments in line, however, your last comment I think deserves some discussion.

You say he makes the Democrats look stupid. Would it be fair to say then, that he outsmarts them?

Now to put that in the context of what we are discussing - Which organization is the better option - the one that finds itself regularly outsmarted, or the one doing the outsmarting?

The skillset required to maneuver your political opponents into where you want them very well with the skills required for all forms of Diplomacy and Politics - and so, by your tacit omission - yes, Trump IS a good president.

To go one step further, if the Democrats would spend 5 minutes of introspection and see (which is plain to anyone who isn't an ideological Zealot) where they have made their mistakes, they could easily defeat Trump. That they are not willing to do so should make a rational person more concerned about that Party than ANYTHING Trump has said (alleged or otherwise) or done (also, alleged or otherwise).

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trump even had a fake Time Magazine cover with himself on the cover hanging in Marlago.
    That was apparently hung in all his US golf courses, not just Mar a Lard o.

Yesterday while addressing a Hanuka gathering Trump referred to his time in the military. Another fantasy. Now vets are wanting to see X rays of his feet because bone spurs are permanent. Veterans generally don't much like wannabes. They've got no show though, years later the world is still waiting for the promised tax returns.

The Trump Foundation problems were way more comprehensive than "pilfering". David Farenthold won a Pulitzer for his reporting on the subject. https://www.pulitzer.org/winners/david-fahrenthold
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information