Page 564 of 638 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Are you serious?

I went to the Pixies concert last night - held in the same place that someone who has tested positive for CV went to the Tool concert at.

Should the Pixies be condemned for having no qualms about killing people simply so they can make money from performing?

Get a fucking grip man.
    Some people are starting to understand.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe...hern-provinces
    "133 of the coronavirus deaths have been registered in just the last day (Sunday local time), meaning a 57 per cent jump in fatalities in an astoundingly short time."

The Piazza Duomo in Milan has emptied out as the number of coronavirus cases in Italy has increased.

I guess they are now getting a fucking grip.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    The sky is falling!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chicken little.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	344878

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Good time to visit Italy then?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I hope the 99.999999999% of the people living/visiting Italy don't have the same luck as those on the cruise ships of death. All of those dead people on those cruise ships. Have we not learned anything.........
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    I hope the 99.999999999% of the people living/visiting Italy don't have the same luck as those on the cruise ships of death. All of those dead people on those cruise ships. Have we not learned anything.........
    But, but, but......

.....VIRUS!!!!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I'd quite happily visit Italy now if it suited my plans.

In much the same way that I happily visited India without bothering with any vaccinations.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'd quite happily visit Italy now if it suited my plans.

In much the same way that I happily visited India without bothering with any vaccinations.
    Personal choice is fine, and it is not about the sky falling on ones head and being forever fearful.
    For me it is about making smart decisions. I stand by my statement that public gatherings are not a good idea right now until more is learned. A 57% rise in deaths in Italy might be worth taking notice of for instance.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Personal choice is fine, and it is not about the sky falling on ones head and being forever fearful.
    For me it is about making smart decisions. I stand by my statement that public gatherings are not a good idea right now until more is learned. A 57% rise in deaths in Italy might be worth taking notice of for instance.
    I agree that large gatherings probably aren't the smartest idea, but given how fast it has moved and that carriers don't necessarily show symptoms etc... and that it is being spread through the air and, according to some research done in Germany, is able to survive hours/days outside of the body on surfaces, and where the temps are right it can last 28 days. Whilst the smartest idea is to shut things down to help prevent spread, are such moves just kicking the can down the road?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    I agree that large gatherings probably aren't the smartest idea, but given how fast it has moved and that carriers don't necessarily show symptoms etc... and that it is being spread through the air and, according to some research done in Germany, is able to survive hours/days outside of the body on surfaces, and where the temps are right it can last 28 days. Whilst the smartest idea is to shut things down to help prevent spread, are such moves just kicking the can down the road?
    For sure, as mentioned in my Trump rant, I feel this virus is basically unstoppable for just the reasons you list. Clearly the elderly and people with pre-existing respiratory issues need to be protected.
    If the rate of it spreading can be slowed down, they best have a chance of some sort of vaccine being developed in time, or even some more effective way to help these people survive it.
    I feel peoples cavalier attitude to it will do nothing except accelerate it and end up killing people that otherwise may have survived. That is why I was so scathing about Trump down playing the whole mess.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I feel peoples cavalier attitude to it will do nothing except accelerate it and end up killing people that otherwise may have survived.
    Sucks to be some people.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I'd like to know the time stamp of that square photo. Media has made up in the past. Not saying that the stuff article is wrong. It pays to know more detail these things because of all the false reporting that has gone on over the last few years/decades.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    For sure, as mentioned in my Trump rant, I feel this virus is basically unstoppable for just the reasons you list. Clearly the elderly and people with pre-existing respiratory issues need to be protected.
    If the rate of it spreading can be slowed down, they best have a chance of some sort of vaccine being developed in time, or even some more effective way to help these people survive it.
    I feel peoples cavalier attitude to it will do nothing except accelerate it and end up killing people that otherwise may have survived. That is why I was so scathing about Trump down playing the whole mess.
    To be honest I haven't heard what Trump has said... albeit a couple of friends who had and had said they were taken aback by his common sense.
    The trouble with a vaccine is that, well, where are the SARS and MERS vaccines? Same family. Likely the same result i.e. promise. Cavalier and Trump in the same sentence.... say it ain't so lol. They're all gonna react differently given the perceived risk. At the moment the risk of death is relatively low compared to its family members, but there is most definitely time and scope for that to change... and quite possibly as that happens Trumps rhetoric will change. Damned is ya do.....

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Sucks to be some people.
    I find it quite interesting how someone on one hand can be so hot on road safety, many times stating motorcyclists not just putting themselves in danger but others too. Yet, there appears to be a disconnect applying similar principles (common sense, think of other people yadda, yadda) to this virus. Looking at Italy overall road toll for 2016 has an average of 9.13 deaths a day. That means in the last 24 hours, around 14 times more people died in Italy from the virus, than road crashes. And my feeling is the Virus is just getting started.
    So why the flippant disconnect man?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I find it quite interesting how someone on one hand can be so hot on road safety, many times stating motorcyclists not just putting themselves in danger but others too. Yet, there appears to be a disconnect applying similar principles (common sense, think of other people yadda, yadda) to this virus. Looking at Italy overall road toll for 2016 has an average of 9.13 deaths a day. That means in the last 24 hours, around 14 times more people died in Italy from the virus, than road crashes. And my feeling is the Virus is just getting started.
    So why the flippant disconnect man?
    Over the last fortnight how many died from road deaths and from the virus in Italy?

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Back to Trump and CNN. Fact not opion this time. https://www.turleytalks.com/videos/t..._hsmi=84414222

Thread Information