Page 408 of 638 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    aprilia

The Joe Biden one......LMAO

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    So all is fine and dandy in the good old US of A then.

Call me when their economy collapses.
    You seem to be able to use Google, check out ‘inverse yield curve’. The stable genius has just presided over one, and almost every time that occurs it’s followed by a recession. It’s an indication an economy is seriously out of whack

Somebody must have explained the situation to Trump because he’s losing it.

I feel sorry for the other G7 leaders.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You seem to be able to use Google, check out ‘inverse yield curve’. The stable genius has just presided over one, and almost every time that occurs it’s followed by a recession. It’s an indication an economy is seriously out of whack

Somebody must have explained the situation to Trump because he’s losing it.

I feel sorry for the other G7 leaders.
    You need to explain it in simple terms for /\

If you put money into an interest bearing account you get more interest the longer term you agree to.

If its the other way around tends to suggest that long term confidence is declining, as you would probably expect after a 10 year run ( of

which very little had to do with the last 3 years)

I do like the line " Economic expansions don't die of old age" but hey even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The NZX has gone a bit mad since the OCR dropped, interesting times.

I work for a US company , will be busy on Monday pulling out of China

Hang on an enjoy the ride which comes with a free muppet show to distract.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I work for a US company , will be busy on Monday pulling out of China!
    - Xi Jinping interruptus? -

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    He's a reeeal staable geeeniiiuuus!!!
    Your infatuation is kinda creepy dude! I bet you have a shrine to him in your house that you pray to.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    So China stands to lose, Mc Donalds, Burger King, KFC, etc, along with all the auto manufacturers and Harley Davidson? Gonna hurt american companies massively having to just pull out because of the knee jerk emotional reaction of one person!
    Seems like a big win to China to me?
    but reality will kick in, this won't happen and Trunt will have to backtrack a bit like he has every other time. He will probably even find a scapegoat to fire publically.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I work for a US company , will be busy on Monday pulling out of China
    It's a crying shame Trump's father didn't pull out.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    aprilia
    Pritch and Laava couldn't sell their soy beans thus we must let China take over the world.

The state of politics on KB R&R in 2019.....

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    saw somewhere that only 10% of soy beans are for Human Consumption so gonna be a lot of hungry protein out there.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Pritch and Laava couldn't sell their soy beans thus we must let China take over the world.

The state of politics on KB R&R in 2019.....
    Dunno why I read this crap. Well, normally I don't.

China owns a major share of US overseas debt, Trump's ignorant blundering about could mean major problems for the US economy.

Russia has a sequence of events they employ to gain influence in a country. In the early stages we see the sort of things that happened during the US election with the Internet, the manipulation and the disinformation. There were multiple Russian agents in play too, but the big move is economic influence.

A Russian oligarch who was supposed to be sanctioned is setting up an aluminium factory in Moscow Mitch's Kentucky. Approaches have already been made to eight other state governors to set up Russian owned factories in their states. You don't need to be too clever to see how this can be used to influence the way that people vote. Trump will have presumably been warned about this but currently it would appear to favour him so...

Bike
    husaberg
    saw somewhere that only 10% of soy beans are for Human Consumption so gonna be a lot of hungry protein out there.
    Yip and its the US second largest export in Dollars.
    the thing is though US soya beansis its replaceable with from countries or other feeds as its simply a commodity feed source.
    The fact they have an over supply now the US Soy Beans is not going to china means the price is going down as there is a lack of demand so its a lose, lose and trump has to pay out the farmers a susisdy wjhich makes it a lose lose lose for the US.
    Traditionally The U.S. exports about 30% of its soy harvest and half get sold to China. At the start of the year, only 3% of last year’s exports to China had been sold to the Chinese.
    U.S. soybean exports to China totally collapsed last year. Brazil benefited. Here's one example: in December, China imported a record 2.4 million tons of Brazil soybeans. They usually purchase from the U.S. at that time, as the soybean harvest would be only a month old. Brazil's soy exports rose 22.5% last year, though that does not look like enough to have made up for the reduction in U.S. purchases.

China is out of the American soy market not because of tariffs, per se. China is out of the market because, in its trade war, it wants to make the farm belt collateral damage. The Chinese are also aware that the American heartland tends to vote Republican.

Soybean futures have fallen to compensate for tariffs, and record supply in the U.S. and Brazil

"With depressed prices and unsold stocks forecast to double before the 2019 harvest begins in September, we need the China market reopened to U.S. soybean exports within weeks, not months or longer,
    China is also putting pressure on prices by adding to soybean supplies. They are the fourth largest producer, though still a tiny one producing just 16 million metric tons per year. At least 90% goes for soy food production as opposed to oils, which it imports mainly from Argentina. China’s goal is to increase soybean production to 24 million tons in five years, potentially reducing demand for imports, says the U.S. Soybean Export Council.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    aprilia
    LOL I just cant even. ^^ These two are more worried about their soy supplies than legit communists taking over the world.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    OMG your right, forget soy beans all hands to the keyboards to save the world from Communists.

Bike
    aprilia
    OMG your right, forget soy beans all hands to the keyboards to save the world from Communists.

Ok then seeing as your soy latte's are obviously going to be effected and this is a big deal for you we shall continue to debate the whole US farmer soy debacle.

Wont the "smart" farmers just diversify into other produce?

My grandfather managed to go from just sheep to sheep/dairy/peas/ in 90's when sheep farming became practically a waste of time due to the price of wool and lamb.

Only the farmers that dont have any foresight and are unable to adapt will have major problems with what is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DeDdvkPrhA

Farming has worked in cycles like this from boom to bust for a very long time. Any old timer farmers know this and know how to adapt to the times.

IMO Jacinda and Greens intentions with the NZ dairy industry are a far bigger deal (and more evil in intent to us here in NZ) than the necessary re-balance that Trump is trying to achieve. Sure what Trump is doing will effect things over the short term a great deal. The big picture is not having a Chinese superpower dictating to everyone around the world what they can do and say because left unchecked thats where it was headed.

What has been done to the US over the last 40-50 years by their own government and politicians is downright criminal/treason! And is the single reason they have such huge problems right now.

Thread Information