Page 586 of 638 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587588596636 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    I Ride No More

Economic Cost

Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Now, for interests sake I decided to look up what the human toll was for the 2008 Financial crisis was.

2 estimates put the human cost at between 260,000 and 500,000 for just Cancer deaths, an additional 10,000 suicides are also linked to the 2008 financial crisis.

Everything has a Cost...
    Hope that you're not saying that the current financial crisis - and economic cost - is solely due to Covid ?

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/...in-five-weeks/

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483845-grea...pression-2020/

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/484307-capi...buybacks-fail/

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Hope that you're not saying that the current financial crisis - and economic cost - is solely due to Covid ?

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/...in-five-weeks/

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483845-grea...pression-2020/

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/484307-capi...buybacks-fail/
    I'll take those sourced with a grain of salt, but the point was to say highlight this:

Not locking down a country = People die.
    Locking down a country and the subsequent economic impact = People Die.

Some people are quick to tout one, whilst ignoring the other.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Interesting report from the US Army Corps of engineers. If you read it carefully you will note that since January 2017, when Trump took office, exactly three miles of new wall have been completed. That's one mile a year. This job is going to take thousands of years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EY9g3TTWkAIsthA.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	346004  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Interesting report from the US Army Corps of engineers. If you read it carefully you will note that since January 2017, when Trump took office, exactly three miles of new wall have been completed. That's one mile a year. This job is going to take thousands of years.
    He only dusts of the wall thing when he needs to whip up support from the neanderthals that think it will actually make a difference.
    The Dow is way up today, and to think all it took was thousands upon thousands of bodies in order to pave the road to the transition to greatness.
    #die4thedow!

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Maybe Don should engage a Chinese firm to do the job. At least they can point to a wall of some size.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Imagine if they deleted his lying tweets, 95 percent of them would disappear lol
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12335325

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Imagine if they deleted his lying tweets, 95 percent of them would disappear lol
    Odd that they fact checked a couple of his tweets protesting postal voting. He has been accusing a TV host of murder, referring to it as a "cold case". It's no such thing.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    A Court ruled that his Tweets represent official Government communication and therefore cannot be deleted.

However this is an unprecedent move by Twitter and may finally force the issue of Social Media/Tech censorship or Bias.

Twitter vs the President - will be interesting to see who wins, I know who I've got my money on.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A Court ruled that his Tweets represent official Government communication and therefore cannot be deleted.
    True, if misleading. It's not at all unusual for Trump to delete tweets. When one of his many misspellings or factually gibberish tweets attracts more than the usual amount of public ridicule, he deletes the original tweet and writes another less embarrassing version. Presumably with the assistance of White House staff.

There was a suggestion from a MAGAt that Trump cancel his Twitter account and take it - and all his followers - to a competitor. (Who knew there even was a competitor?)

My reaction, puhleeeze. The average IQ on Twitter would jump fifty points.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    The average IQ on Twitter would jump fifty points.
    Wow, yours might actually jump to triple digits.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Wow, yours might actually jump to triple digits.
    Unlikely...
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    My reaction, puhleeeze. The average IQ on Twitter would jump fifty points.
    Oh the irony

Bike
    Blog Entries

There was a suggestion from a MAGAt that Trump cancel his Twitter account and take it - and all his followers - to a competitor. (Who knew there even was a competitor?)
    Fact: Trump needs Twitter more than Twitter needs Trump, though if course he is important to them.

Any public figure should be fact checked, not just Trump.
    But yes, I've been laughing at Trumps outraged reaction because his barefaced lying on twitter is quite critical to him doing well this election. And how inconvenient that these lies be pointed out to the all important swing voters who will take the time to actually read the facts. His base won't, because they are all about the lies - including the ones they tell to themselves.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Any public figure should be fact checked, not just Trump.
    Sure, but how and by whom?

Some statements can be considered false if certain viewpoints are used and can be considered true if certain different viewpoints are used.

Then you have the problem that Twitter has created for themselves - they have effectively editorialised Trump's Tweet. This is highly important because by doing that they are no longer merely a service provider, they are a publisher.

Honestly I'm quite happy about this - I've long been annoyed at the creeping censorship and left-wing bias of the Big Tech companies and now it seems they've pushed it too far and are going to get the slapdown they so rightly deserved.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Some statements can be considered false if certain viewpoints are used and can be considered true if certain different viewpoints are used.
    The very definition of "alternative facts". Apparently you missed the joke completely.

I've long been annoyed at the creeping censorship and left-wing bias of the Big Tech companies and now it seems they've pushed it too far and are going to get the slapdown they so rightly deserved.
    This is nonsense on several levels. There has been virtually no censorship of social media. Facebook, Twitter, 4chan, whatever.

Zuckerburg has had private meetings with Trump and has done nothing to suggest he doesn't actually support the administration. @Jack of Twitter took a holiday in Myanmar while the regime there was committing genocide against the Rohingya people. Hardly an indication of a left wing bias.

All Twitter did to Trump's tweets protesting postal voting was provide a link to a site that contains factual information. Doesn't matter how you look at it, that is not censorship.

Trump doesn't create laws that's the job of Congress. What he may do, or try to do, is repeal or block the protection provided to Internet content providers contained in section 230.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/230

Thread Information