Page 556 of 638 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    On the very subject of election vote tampering.
    The radio started it, ban radio! The US has an interesting history when it comes to vote tampering. I remember watching a doco on the ways that voting machines could be "rigged" and how votes could be shaved to swing a result ones way without alerting anyone... until it was pointed out that these things were happening. No Russians getting their bots out, just some entity with the capacity to shift election results at will no matter who or what other entities interfere. As such, the only place to land the blame for anything is everywhere but where the blame is clearly evidenced to lie. "All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.".
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Cross your fingers...
    Ok, Chicken Little.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Pritch I’m interested in your opinion on the video I posted. What say you on the accusations that google were involved in tampering with the 2016 election?

Bike
    husaberg
    Pritch I’m interested in your opinion on the video I posted. What say you on the accusations that google were involved in tampering with the 2016 election?
    Not Pritch but i will bite
    Epstein is a senior research psychologist at the American Institute for Behavioral Research, but other than a technologist who doesn’t appear to help with the studies, Epstein is the organization’s only staff member

That was the study Epstein described in his Senate committee testimony, where he didn’t mention that his huge claim is based on monitoring the search results of just 21 undecided voters out of 95 voters for a 2017 white paper. In his submitted testimony, Epstein did provide seven pages of citations—but all of them are papers or op-eds he wrote or co-wrote himself. Only one of them—a 2015 paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, about how biased results produced by search engines could have the ability to sway undecided voters—was peer-reviewed. Even that study didn’t demonstrate that this has actually happened.
    https://aibrt.org/downloads/EPSTEIN_...-02_6-1-17.pdf
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	study.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	344815

The Epstein meme typifies this dynamic. A pop psychologist and cable-news regular, he regularly publishes op-eds in conservative outlets like the Epoch Times and the Daily Caller, as well as the occasional piece in Politico or USA Today. He once appeared on The O’Reilly Factor to explain why he thinks teens should be treated as adults (in a book on that topic, he argued in favor of corporal punishment), and on a Fox News morning show in 2008, he argued in favor of teens getting married, pointing out that “Mary was 12 or 13 when she had Jesus, was she not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    What are the original sources Husaburck? Hell yeah I'm all for corporal punishment.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Not Pritch but i will bite
    You’re right, you're not Pritch. But you still served my purpose. Which was to point out that each side has its beliefs, and each opposing side has its reasons to tear down those beliefs. We’re all fed information from sites/camps/journalists etc that fit our views but no one (at least here) has any first hand info, only info they’ve been fed. Which makes this thread and many like it very pointless. But amusing to see people get hot under the collar about their ‘beliefs’.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 28th February 2020 at 21:02.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    It's funny - cause I've never claimed that, and considering Husaberg's memory on what I've actually said is poor at best.
    Pot, Kettle Black

Also not pritch, saw what Husa said. All interesting. I would say that Google parent company being the largest Hillary donor, hell yes they did it. No way in my opinion you could put a percentage on it though.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Also not pritch, saw what Husa said. All interesting. I would say that Google parent company being the largest Hillary donor, hell yes they did it. No way in my opinion you could put a percentage on it though.
    Exactly. I doubt there is anyone in American politics (for that is what we are discussing) without dirty hands. Also agree about putting numbers on it.

Bike
    husaberg
    You’re right, you're not Pritch. But you still served my purpose. Which was to point out that each side has its beliefs, and each opposing side has its reasons to tear down those beliefs. We’re all fed information from sites/camps/journalists etc that fit our views but no one (at least here) has any first hand info, only info they’ve been fed. Which makes this thread and many like it very pointless. But amusing to see people get hot under the collar about their ‘beliefs’.
    So its only a belief of mine that the facts are the guy has it seems, based all his claims without apparently any scientific or statistical or even credible basis, rather than a logical assessment of the facts of the situation?
    How about you debunk what i posted. If its an opinion that's' only a belief. it will be easily debunked.
    You posted the video,did you actually check the basis for his claims first or just accept them at face value Fraser......
    Also What you seem to miss is even if they did Google is a private company, they can push or not push whatever product they want. Its not a government organisation.
    The NRA hyped Trump, as did the KKK and FOX and a number of other organisations.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    GSXR1000
    So its only a belief of mine that the facts are the guy has no credible basis to make the claims rather than a logical assessment of the facts of the situation.
    How about you debunk what i posted. If its an opinion.
    Also What you seem to miss is Google is a private company they can push or not push whatever product they want. Its not a government organisation.
    The NRA hyped Trump as did the KKK and FOX and a number of other organisations.
    Nope I didn't miss anything, but you, well you completely missed my point.

You posted the video ,did you actually check the baisis for his claims first or just accept them at face value Fraser......
    Added this bit in as you edited your post after I quoted it. I'm struggling to comprehend that I have to explain this, but I didn't post that video because I believed or even cared about what his claims were. I deliberately sought out that video to elicit a response. I got it (from you), explained my position in response (see post #8331) and you still carried on without paying any attention.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 28th February 2020 at 21:55.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    So its only a belief of mine that the facts are the guy has no credible basis to make the claims rather than a logical assessment of the facts of the situation.
    How about you debunk what i posted. If its an opinion.
    Also What you seem to miss is Google is a private company they can push or not push whatever product they want. Its not a government organisation.
    The NRA hyped Trump as did the KKK and FOX and a number of other organisations.
    You aren't supplying the sources ie links to back up these claims.Just cut n paste with pretty bold bits. It's not up to us to hunt google to debunk them. It's up to you to proove where those claims came from.

pritch is ignoring OAB question. No dought he'll put him on ignor momentarily. It's a habit of his to folk who have debunked many of his wild claims.

As OAB rightly stated there is no point in this thread. Trump was elected the US president and you all need to build a bridge an get over it.

Bike
    husaberg
    Nope I didn't miss anything, but you, well you completely missed my point.

Added this bit in as you edited your post after I quoted it. I'm struggling to comprehend that I have to explain this, but I didn't post that video because I believed or even cared about what his claims were. I deliberately sought out that video to elicit a response. I got it (from you), explained my position in response (see post #8331) and you still carried on without paying any attention.
    You sound like Oldie when he gets questioned about why he posts endless racist crap about jews.
    Show some guts Fraser, does the study seem to stack up on a statistical or scientific basis or not?
    Whilst you might claim to be posting as a devils advocate, simply the devils in the detail.
    Let alone the limited stats he used and the flawed nontransparent unscientific methodology.
    Does the author for instance declare his apparent conflict of interest if not all out bias against google?
    from early 2012 points to a tiff the psychologist had with the company after his website was hacked. Google directed visitors not to go to his page until the malicious code was removed—and kept the warning up even after Epstein tried, apparently unsuccessfully, to clean up his security and begged Google to remove the label. Epstein threatened to sue the company for not removing the warning, explaining to the Times that he felt like he was yelling at a brick wall. Later that year, he published a series of articles in the Huffington Post about why Google should be regulated. For the next few years, he began to publish more regularly about how easily Google could throw an election,
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    GSXR1000
    You sound like Oldie when he gets questioned about why he posts endless racist crap about jews.
    Show some guts Fraser does the study seem to stack up on a statistical or scientific basis or not.
    Whilst you might claim to be posting as a devils advocate, simply the devils in the detail.
    Does the author for instance declare his apparent conflict of interest if not all out bias against google.
    That's right, I was posting as the devils advocate. But you won't want to admit that because of the hole you dug for yourself.

Now I'll make this real simple for you. Calling me out over something that I've stated I care nothing about is ridiculous but I guess all you can go with as you've dug that hole too deep already. I've stated many times previously both here and elsewhere that I have no political interest in either the Democrats or Republicans. Maybe I should as America's politics do have an effect on the world stage. But I don't. However I do have an interest in human behaviour and the election of Trump has made for some very interesting observations. I've seen friends fall out with each other over their 'facts' that each of them can disprove of the other. Facts they got from new sources that spins stories to suit agendas.

Want my opinion on Trump? His hair is crazy. That's as far as it goes, because that's what I can see with my own eyes. The rest of it I'm being told by someone with an agenda, good or bad.

Bike
    husaberg
    That's right, I was posting as the devils advocate. But you won't want to admit that because of the hole you dug for yourself.

Now I'll make this real simple for you. Calling me out over something that I've stated I care nothing about is ridiculous but I guess all you can go with as you've dug that hole too deep already. I've stated many times previously both here and elsewhere that I have no political interest in either the Democrats or Republicans. Maybe I should as America's politics do have an effect on the world stage. But I don't. However I do have an interest in human behaviour and the election of Trump has made for some very interesting observations. I've seen friends fall out with each other over their 'facts' that each of them can disprove of the other. Facts they got from new sources that spins stories to suit agendas.

Want my opinion on Trump? His hair is crazy. That's as far as it goes, because that's what I can see with my own eyes. The rest of it I'm being told by someone with an agenda, good or bad.
    You were the one caught out, you claimed it was a mater of perspective to what the truth of the situation in the video you solely choose to portray was, Yet the reason you refuse to answer the questions, i have put to you, is you were clearly did not check the video first. if your claims had any validity, you could provide an unbiased account of both sides and weigh up the facts. The facts will stand for themselves, beliefs are different
    i never asked for your opinion on trump. Nor do i care.
    You can act as condescending as you like fraser, None of that will change the fact you cant stump up with facts when pressed
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    GSXR1000
    You were the one caught out, you claimed it was a mater of perspective to what the truth of the situation in the video you solely choose to portray was, Yet the reason you refuse to answer the question i have put to you is you were clearly did check the video first. if your claims had any validity you could providean unbiased account of both sides andweigh up the facts.
    Ok I'm trying to understand what you wrote there but there are a few syntax and spelling errors there.

You're making up a reason for me not answering a question that I've already explained to you has no relevance. If I cared enough to be involved in this argument for one side or the other I would make a claim when putting up a video like that. Instead I didn't, I asked pritch what his take was on it. Why? Because I wanted to see his response.

You make too many assumptions, and when people refute these assumptions you refuse to accept that and make even more assumptions. Relax a little, take your time before posting (it might help with making more coherent posts) and just realise some things might not be the way you perceive them to be.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 28th February 2020 at 23:10.

Thread Information