Page 587 of 638 FirstFirst ... 87487537577585586587588589597637 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The very definition of "alternative facts". Apparently you missed the joke completely.
    Not at all. Consider the Statement: 'Nuclear Weapons are entirely Safe' - Is that a True or a False statement? In the sense that we haven't had a 'negligent discharge' of a Nuke and where Nuclear Armed Bombers have crashed, they haven't accidentally detonated - it's True. In the sense that a single ICBM can wipe out all the major population centres of a Country, it's false.

Now, WHO gets to decide which perspective is correct? The answer is that it is up to the Individual to weigh the information and then make their own choice. Then when enough Individuals agree on something, we get a consensus. It is not up to Google, Twitter, Facebook etc. to dictate down to us.

Or perhaps a more relevant example given the Political nature of the discussion:

A Trans-Woman is a Male.

This is nonsense on several levels. There has been virtually no censorship of social media. Facebook, Twitter, 4chan, whatever.
    Yeah... The fact you include 4Chan with Facebook and Twitter is grounds enough to dismiss what you are saying as ignorant.

Facebook and Twitter have a long history of Censorship - Tommy Robinson, Alex Jones, Carl Benjamin, Candice Owens etc. Now - I know that you and I disagree on the validity of some of those people, However I'm going to focus on Tommy's banning because it's the most interesting. The Claim from Facebook initially was that he had actively called for the beheading of Muslims.

Now on face value, that's a crime, and absolutely grounds for being kicked off of a platform. However, given Tommy's public profile, we all know that had his verified account said that, it would be within nano-seconds screenshotted, and sent around the usual outrage-rags (Guardian, NY Times, Washington Post, Buzzfeed etc.) as final vindication and proof that he's the horrible racist that they've claimed.

No. Such. Thing. Happened.

Then you've got admission by Facebook personel on a Nordic chat show "Well There isn't one particular post where we can say 'this is the post'" which is a teensy-weensy different from the original claim.

See below for Source (9:55 in case the timestamp doesn't work):

I'll now point to Alex Jones - I don't like him, I think he's a loon, whether you claim he's merely entertainment or he's serious in his conviction - I think he's a Fuckwit.

But.

He has a right to speak, that was removed in a clearly co-ordinated effort by those who simply did not like him.

Zuckerburg has had private meetings with Trump and has done nothing to suggest he doesn't actually support the administration. @Jack of Twitter took a holiday in Myanmar while the regime there was committing genocide against the Rohingya people. Hardly indication of a left wing bias.
    How about from the Man himself:

"which I fully admit is left, is more left-leaning,"

When asked about Bias in the application of the rules.

All Twitter did to Trump's tweets protesting postal voting was provide a link to a site that contains factual information. Doesn't matter how you look at it, that is not censorship
    That isn't, but shadow-banning conservatives, de-promoting their content etc. is. But more importantly - doing the above is an Editorial action - which negates their claim that they are 'just a service provider'.

Not to mention the above could be considered interfering with an Election, if it was bad when supposedly 'it was the Russians!' doing it, how is it right when it's the Company who hosts the discussion is doing it?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    There has been virtually no censorship of social media. Facebook, Twitter, 4chan, whatever.
    Are you serious?

Tell that to Judy Mikovits.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Are you serious?

pritch is from another planet. I would have thought all of KB would've figured that out by now.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A creative attempt to alter Zuck's outlook.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EZINHa2WsAAaUbg.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	346011  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Are you serious?

She's only one example but anyone who is posting on those platforms about treatments that are a threat to the pharmaceutical companies are gone burgers pretty damn quick. Follow the $s people!

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Annnd Twitter fights back - YES!
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...fying-violence
    I personally don't much see the glorification of violence in Trumps tweet, so absolutely definitely a "Fuck You" shot across the bow from Twitter lol
    Queue more wah wah wahhhh from "Just let me Lie FFS" Trump
    I saw a photo of the CEO of Twitter earlier, and thought to myself, this guy looks like he has a bit of fight in him.
    Trump could move top FB I guess, then he can be suckerbergs problem

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Annnd Twitter fights back - YES!
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americ...fying-violence
    I personally don't much see the glorification of violence in Trumps tweet, so absolutely definitely a "Fuck You" shot across the bow from Twitter lol
    Queue more wah wah wahhhh from "Just let me Lie FFS" Trump
    I saw a photo of the CEO of Twitter earlier, and thought to myself, this guy looks like he has a bit of fight in him.
    Trump could move top FB I guess, then he can be suckerbergs problem

So do you really think Twitter is going to win this fight?

My money's banked on the Donald everytime.

Dorksey doesnt stand a chance.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post

Well, we will see won't we. Taking the shot they did would suggest they are confidant. And you can bet the Twitter lawyers have deep dived into what powers Trump actually has. And Dorksey as you call him appears to be way richer than desperate to hide his tax returns Trump. (lets be honest here Austin, Due to Trumps massive ego, if his tax returns were worth boasting about he would be shouting their contents from the top of every hill he could find).
    I'm just enjoying watching crybaby Trump go nuclear over possibly losing his ability to barefaced lie to the public

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The tweet quoted in the article you posted is incomplete. Trump’s original tweet concludes with the words, “When the looting starts the shooting starts. Thank you.”

Trump had already retweeted a supporters tweet today containing the words, “The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat”.

If Trump actually manages to make content providers responsible for posts on their site both of those would be problematical, although that probably won’t have crossed his drug addled mind.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    aprilia
    Well, we will see won't we. Taking the shot they did would suggest they are confidant. And you can bet the Twitter lawyers have deep dived into what powers Trump actually has. And Dorksey as you call him appears to be way richer than desperate to hide his tax returns Trump. (lets be honest here Austin, Due to Trumps massive ego, if his tax returns were worth boasting about he would be shouting their contents from the top of every hill he could find).
    I'm just enjoying watching crybaby Trump go nuclear over possibly losing his ability to barefaced lie to the public

You realize twitter was or still is part owned by the same saudi prince that shot up the mandalay bay hotel in vegas right?

Trump knows who owns most of twitter and does not like that guy at all from day dot.

This wont go how you think its going to go.

Trumps been waiting for Twitter to goof like this.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Who woke you up? Trump thinks he’s a king. Problem is he is a mad king.

Bike
    aprilia
    JUST LMAO

CNN reporter and crew arrested live on air!

https://twitter.com/Sujayanth/status...13710441766912

Today was Glorious!!!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    And the shooting has started.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    You realize twitter was or still is part owned by the same saudi prince that shot up the mandalay bay hotel in vegas right?

Trump knows who owns most of twitter and does not like that guy at all from day dot.

This wont go how you think its going to go.

Trumps been waiting for Twitter to goof like this.
    I actually don't have a feeling any which way that this will go, but I have the popcorn at the ready

Bike
    Yo momma
    JUST LMAO

CNN reporter and crew arrested live on air!

https://twitter.com/Sujayanth/status...13710441766912

Today was Glorious!!!
    CNN, race baiters and shit stirrers.

https://ktvz.com/news/national-world...olis-protests/
    Lets go Brandon

Thread Information