Page 433 of 638 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    aprilia

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Part Trolling for sure, I like that Trump has lit fires in many places - When I look at US Politics, like many places - there are a good number of people who are far too comfortable. The amount of Nepotism is too high for my liking and a bit too blatant.

But in seriousness - I'm prepared to accept that Trump is being foolish (All Politicians are never exempt from that) - but I was reading today (as an example) that due to Trump's threats to Mexico, they've upped the Border security on their side - and have increased their capture rates of attempted illegal immigrants by 50+% - so I look at that and think:

Do you remember his rhetorhic 'We're gonna build a wall and Mexico's gonna pay for it!' - Remember how he was ridiculed for the statement and how the Mexican President adamantly denied they do any such thing?

What has happened recently, although isn't Mexico building a wall, isn't a million miles away from his statement either. And it's things like this, that from my perspective keep happening. That he starts full of bluster and grandiose claims, only to dial it back to what was needed.
    I guess in the current shifting sands of the political ideology desert I lean slightly to the left of center, I view the two extremes of each camp as being as bad as each other.
    Sure he has lit a lot of fires, many are out of their comfort zones, but if the fire could well lead to civil war if he does not go quietly in 2020. When does a bit of fun turn into a lot of death?

I have long felt that the kinds of people that seek power (pollies of most permutations) are not the right people to have power. This makes democracy problematic. Do I have a better solution? No, wish I did. Some of my kids are so disillusioned with the World, they do not want to raise families in it - and that is fucking sad.
    I do feel it is a extremely long bow to draw comparing Mexico with having tightened their borders (as positive as that is) to paying for the wall - that incidentally has made very little progress since he has been in power - just saying.

Bike
    aprilia
    ^^
    Why would he need to go quietly in 2020 if like in 2016 he gets the majority of the vote?

I would think it might be time for the people on the other side to give up the shenanigans at that stage yet here you are talking about civil war?

TDS at its finest right here.

I not sure whats more crazy people that cant decide what bathroom to use thinking they are going to beat Trump supporters in a civil war or your posts on here?

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    ... I have long felt that the kinds of people that seek power (pollies of most permutations) are not the right people to have power. This makes democracy problematic. Do I have a better solution? No, wish I did. ...
    There was one Arthur C Clarke story I read where (just a side plot, not the main theme) anyone who wants to be President is locked up as a criminal, and instead "the computer" randomly picks a citizen to be one for a term.

(It was a while ago, I reserve the right to have mixed up the Author and whether or not it was a novel or short story.)
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    aprilia
    Id love to of seen the look on Stelters stupid face when he saw this:

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    Id love to of seen the look on Stelters stupid face when he saw this:

Where are these recorded comments? I'm keen to read/hear them.

Bike
    aprilia
    Where are these recorded comments? I'm keen to read/hear them.

Varitas is releasing them tomorrow apparently. So patience son.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I guess in the current shifting sands of the political ideology desert I lean slightly to the left of center, I view the two extremes of each camp as being as bad as each other.
    Sure he has lit a lot of fires, many are out of their comfort zones, but if the fire could well lead to civil war if he does not go quietly in 2020. When does a bit of fun turn into a lot of death?
    If there was a Civil war tomorrow - what would be the instigating factor?

For the UK - it would be the failure (and opposition) of the government to deliver Brexit.
    For NZ - it would be pissing on the rights of law-abiding Citizens.
    For the US - The only thing that springs to mind would be instigation from the likes of ANTIFA.

None of which I don't think can be ascribed to Trump, or the rise in (supposedly) Right-wing populism. If anything, the rise is as a reaction to the Post-Modern assault on everything to do with the West.

FWIW - on a Political Test - I, too, am ever so slightly left-of-centre. The only reason I appear Right-wing these days is because of just how far Left the Left has gone.

I have long felt that the kinds of people that seek power (pollies of most permutations) are not the right people to have power. This makes democracy problematic. Do I have a better solution? No, wish I did. Some of my kids are so disillusioned with the World, they do not want to raise families in it - and that is fucking sad.
    I partially agree with the first part - mainly because it's so very difficult to differentiate those who want Power to be a force for good in the world vs those who want Power to be a force of Tyranny.

On the second part, however, this links into my comment about post-modern philosophy - the current 'Climate Crisis' is just another extension of this - the Educational institutes have long been on the Left, the number of Marxist Academics borders on Shameful - and what we see is Children being taught this defeatist, misanthropic worldview, which gives them a warped perspective.

However (without knowing how old your Children are) Nature tends to do very well when it comes to that Fight.

I do feel it is a extremely long bow to draw comparing Mexico with having tightened their borders (as positive as that is) to paying for the wall - that incidentally has made very little progress since he has been in power - just saying.
    Extremely Long Bow? I agree it's a bit of a stretch, however - look at his other public comments - he's long claimed that he was fed-up with America footing the Bill for everything. Low and Behold, he gets Mexico to start looking after it's part to play with Illegal Immigration.

We also have to put this in context - his ultimate goal is stop drastically reduce illegal Immigration to the US, as such, anything that aids that Goal (Wall, Federales etc.) that he has been a causal factor in, is a success.

I hate to repeat myself, but so-far, his lack of starting any additional wars put's him way ahead of every president that springs to mind since the early 1980s
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    aprilia
    Someone should make one of these for Captain Cook and show it to all those around NZ protesting Endeavour....

Columbus brought a new culture and diversity to America. Do they not like diversity and multiculturalism anymore?

And Checkmate:

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I have long felt that the kinds of people that seek power (pollies of most permutations) are not the right people to have power.
    That is solid gold. Doesn't much matter which party or which country, politicians are generally of a type. There are exceptions and Trump is one such. He has a number of diagnosable mental conditions, is extremely ignorant, and is totally unfit to hold office.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    There are exceptions and Trump is one such. He has a number of diagnosable mental conditions, is extremely ignorant, and is totally unfit to hold office.
    Are you a medical professional?
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    FOX News channel is divided into news staff and opinion hosts. The former have always retained some semblance of impartiallity however weak. The opinion people Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson, Dodd and all, not so much. Total fantasy is more their thing.

Recently Bill Barr, Trumps AG, sought and got a meeting with Murdoch the owner of Fox. Shortly thereafter Shepard Smith, a reporter with Fox since Day 1, left Fox.

Judging by this effort Neil Cavuto may be next to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc9K5W6fgw
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    aprilia
    As project veritas correctly pointed out the difference between FOX and CNN is both teams have their opinion people like Hannity and co the difference is when you watch Hannity you know he's going to put across a conservative view point and be pro Republican and be honest about that fact.

With CNN you have the likes of Don Lemmon, Cuomo, Cooper etc etc all pretending whatever they say is gospill and acting like they arent just propaganda mouth pieces of the DNC. Which project veritas is without a shadow of a doubt about to prove.

CNN just needs to be honest about the fact they've gone full leftist propaganda and stop pretending like they arent.

CNN like the democrats have gone so far left they make Fox look centre right when fox is actually centre left just like every other news org on the planet. Thats the absurdity of the entire thing.

What's even more amusing is the guy recording CNN's CEO is still there!!!

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/s...htmode%3Dfalse

This meme pretty much covers CNN's CEO:

Bike
    I Ride No More

Trade War Phase 1

Last Friday, it looked as if a US - China trade deal (of some form)
    had nominally been agreed, though several US commentators were
    not showing great optimism as to what the US had achieved:

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/econo...E67vGX4EioyTQ/

And the post agreement (celebratory) meal looked all but celebratory
    (much depending upon which side of the table you were sitting on):

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...14-p530es.html

Jack Rasmus gives a good readable summary of the game played up to
    current date:

https://jackrasmus.com/2019/10/13/ch...nd-runs-print/

Bike
    Sold

Orchestrated?

Unprecedented: US Forces Peacefully Hand Over Key Syrian City to Russians, Syrians https://russia-insider.com/en/unprec...eid=4030a10227 - (All wars are bankers wars?)

Thread Information