Page 295 of 638 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    I Ride No More

Weekly Dose of US Politics

The following website might be of interest to a few:

https://theweeklylist.org/weekly-list/

Bike
    Exercycle
    I had to cringe a little at this - sorry, I can't post a link - Trump's blaming Canada for at least part of the wildfires in California..."If we didn't import so much lumber from Canada these fallen trees would be logged" - remember he's the one who's increased tariffs on Canadian timber...And the received wisdom on these trees is that a lot are diseased and dying so unsuitable for logging anyway...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    And a meeting with Vietnam Vets and he thinks Agent Orange is Napalm based on Apocalypse Now....probably be giving Marlon Brando a posthumous decoration next.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8496626.html

" I love the smell of orange hair dye in the morning" Donald Trumph.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I note a degree of upset on social media. This millionaire pastor only opened his church to assist with accommodation in the wake of a hurricane after public condemnation for his lack of action. He has now somewhat surprisingly been nominated for an award for his contribution.

https://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...tims-gets-des/

https://abc13.com/society/joel-ostee...-help/3957138/
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mildly amusing, but I see that Trump's proposed parade has been postponed, basically because of cost. So as not to miss out on a parade completely he is heading to France. This will be the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day, I look forward to seeing some coverage of this event as I was at the fiftieth. Time flies when you're having fun.

Meanwhile back home in the US of A a veterans group has organised a 5k run, one k for each of Trump's deferments.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Sold

And now heresssssss - Donald again. Case you missed it.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Mildly amusing, but I see that Trump's proposed parade has been postponed, basically because of cost. So as not to miss out on a parade completely he is heading to France. This will be the 100th anniversary of Armistice Day, I look forward to seeing some coverage of this event as I was at the fiftieth. Time flies when you're having fun.

Meanwhile back home in the US of A a veterans group has organised a 5k run, one k for each of Trump's deferments.
    Comrade Don should just go and see one of his buddies ones, much cheaper.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Added to Kellyanne Conway's "alternate facts" we now have Rudy Giuliani's "truth isn't truth". What a cast of clowns. I can't figure out if George Orwell is spinning in his grave or pissing himself laughing. IYSWIM

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It would seem Trump is not having one of his best days. His former campaign manager is found guilty on eight fraud charges. His former lawyer/fixer Cohen has done a deal with Mueller's team admitting to fraud and, more importantly, campaign finance violations which he says were committed at the behest of Trump. Cohen seems bound for jail, how long is yet to be decided.

Some "witch hunt".

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The trial (apart for summing up) finished yesterday and the defense chose not to defend.
    And Manafort has gone - guilty on eight charges ..

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/new...ectid=12111301

Sorry Pritch - I didn't see your post .
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    And now Cohen has handed himself in a pleaded guilty

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/21/trum...-nbc-news.html

Two of the counts that Cohen pleaded guilty to appear to relate to Trump directly.
    Cohen admitted on Tuesday to making payments to two women at the direction of an unidentified candidate for political office who appears to be the president.

Those payments, Cohen said, were made to influence the outcome of the election.

Moving up the tree - Meuller will reach the top soon
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The luckiest people in the US today have to be this dude and his equally sleazy missus facing charges of sustained fraudulent use of campagn funds. Another crooked Republican, news of his charges will be all but lost amid coverage of Trump's personal den of thieves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.8bfbea4d2458

Just last week yet another Republican politician was charged with insider trading offences. He says he will fight the charges but his in-laws, who were also involved, have already entered guilty pleas.

So much for the party of law and order.

Afterthought: The guy facing insider trading charges was the first congressman to openly support Trump. The second congressman to support Trump was Hunter who was indicted for misusing election funding yesterday. I wonder who was third and how he's sleeping about now?

Bike
    bandit
    Hmm ... Trump's supporters here are strangely silent ...

Or is that more like stunned silence ??

Bike
    I Ride No More

Thread Information