Page 592 of 604 FirstFirst ... 92492542582590591592593594602 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 9046

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

  1. #8866
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    9,059
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    So you'll be rescinding your comments then?
    Briefly, no. If you read that again you'll see that the concern was that there would be violence between the various fascist groups and Antifa. The solution was to declare Antifa terrorists.

    Apart from being supremely simple minded it's also currently illegal.
    Overseas groups such as Daesh and Al Qaeda can be declared terrorist organisations, but the law that permits that does not apply within the US.
    Yet.

    You really do need to work on your comprehension skills.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  2. #8867
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Briefly, no. If you read that again you'll see that the concern was that there would be violence between the various fascist groups and Antifa. The solution was to declare Antifa terrorists.
    And why is that?

    Is it because Antifa are usually the ones who instigate the Violent protests and Riots?

    Can you point me to a Riot where a bunch of far-right activists burnt down large parts of a city, spray painting swastikas* and fascist slogans?

    *Note - that doesn't include ones that have been painted by Far-Left groups as justification for their mayhem.

    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Overseas groups such as Daesh and Al Qaeda can be declared terrorist organisations, but the law that permits that does not apply within the US.
    Antifa have overseas 'chapters' or 'groups' - Therefore it is entirely correct to label them as such.

    Should I also point out that the origins of Antifa are from Germany - which, I'm pretty sure is overseas from the US....

    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You really do need to work on your comprehension skills.
    Indeed - care to elaborate then on the difference between being labelled a Domestic Terrorist organization and a Terrorist organization?

    I'll save you the trouble and forgo my usual pedantry - the bit that is important is the word that begins with 'T'
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  3. #8868
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    9,059
    Blog Entries
    1
    Donald Trump the bravest man in America


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...t-man-america/
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  4. #8869
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    9,059
    Blog Entries
    1
    In his latest speech he wants to bring in the US Army. Not the National Guard, the army. Last time I looked that too was illegal, unless possibly he declared martial law. That may change things. It would certainly change him, he could go full blown mad king.

    A threat like that will have the constitutional lawyers excited, there should be informed legal comment available shortly.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  5. #8870
    Join Date
    15th February 2005 - 15:34
    Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Location
    The Gates of Delirium
    Posts
    8,943
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    .....there should be informed legal comment available shortly.
    As opposed to the aimless flapping of your gums.
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberk View Post
    Oh I must really irk you to be repeatedly proven to be a total utter moron in public.

  6. #8871
    Join Date
    8th November 2005 - 12:25
    Bike
    2X 89 ZXR750 H1 (road/race) 92 KX500
    Location
    Pirongia, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,970
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    In his latest speech he wants to bring in the US Army. Not the National Guard, the army. Last time I looked that too was illegal, unless possibly he declared martial law. That may change things. It would certainly change him, he could go full blown mad king.

    A threat like that will have the constitutional lawyers excited, there should be informed legal comment available shortly.
    I fear (for the American people) that Trump is going to find out the hard way that violence begets violence.

  7. #8872
    Join Date
    24th September 2004 - 06:46
    Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Location
    On the road to nowhere...
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I fear (for the American people) that Trump is going to find out the hard way that violence begets violence.
    The violance has already started or haven't you notice that over the last 3 years?

  8. #8873
    Join Date
    8th July 2006 - 22:35
    Bike
    Now bikeless :-(
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I fear (for the American people) that Trump is going to find out the hard way that violence begets violence.
    Proposing to send in the heavy squad to deal with the riots sparked by a black man being killed, by probably killing a few more. That should sort out the situation...

  9. #8874
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki Rat View Post
    Proposing to send in the heavy squad to deal with the riots sparked by a black man being killed, by probably killing a few more. That should sort out the situation...
    Peace....


    Through superior Firepower.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  10. #8875
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    9,059
    Blog Entries
    1
    It seems that Trump had the forces of 'law and order' violently remove peaceful protestors from in front of the White House so that he could go to a nearby church for a photo op. Photo ops are the only reason he goes to church - other than funerals.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  11. #8876
    Join Date
    8th November 2005 - 12:25
    Bike
    2X 89 ZXR750 H1 (road/race) 92 KX500
    Location
    Pirongia, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,970
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    The violance has already started or haven't you notice that over the last 3 years?
    Which just happens to coincide with a real estate reality television actor taking on a job he is not even remotely qualified to do. Or have you not noticed that - both the violence and ineptitude as president?

  12. #8877
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    10,353
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Briefly, no. If you read that again you'll see that the concern was that there would be violence between the various fascist groups and Antifa. The solution was to declare Antifa terrorists.

    Apart from being supremely simple minded it's also currently illegal.
    Overseas groups such as Daesh and Al Qaeda can be declared terrorist organisations, but the law that permits that does not apply within the US.
    Yet.

    You really do need to work on your comprehension skills.
    not to mention the wording domestic
    the US government has no existing legal authority to label a wholly domestic group in the manner it currently designates foreign terrorist organizations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  13. #8878
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Which just happens to coincide with a real estate reality television actor taking on a job he is not even remotely qualified to do. Or have you not noticed that - both the violence and ineptitude as president?
    Patently Bullshit.

    It's been brewing for a very long time, the first real event in the so-called 'Culture War' happened way back 2011.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  14. #8879
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    9,059
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Patently Bullshit.

    It's been brewing for a very long time, the first real event in the so-called 'Culture War' happened way back 2011.
    You really aren't very good at this reading stuff are you. Sugilite was replying to a specific comment made by somebody else. Neither your 'culture war of 2011' nor the current weather are relevant.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  15. #8880
    Join Date
    8th November 2005 - 12:25
    Bike
    2X 89 ZXR750 H1 (road/race) 92 KX500
    Location
    Pirongia, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,970
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You really aren't very good at this reading stuff are you. Sugilite was replying to a specific comment made by somebody else. Neither your 'culture war of 2011' nor the current weather are relevant.
    Annnnd this is why he is the only one on my ignore list. The largest point in my post is that being a real estate and reality tv guy is not equipped to run a large country at the best of times, yet alone the worst, but if course DL does not want to talk about that, just dance around a much more minor point.
    If I were to reply to his lame rambling, I might put forward that the actual first event was when wealthy white fucks thought it would be perfectly OK to "Own" another human being, and force that human being who had been ripped by force from everything they know and love to work to make their "master", wealthy.
    I would love to see DL dropped into the middle of a meeting of intelligent black community leaders trying their best to navigate their way out of this mess while keeping their people alive. He would fast find his words of "wisdom" turning to ash in his ignorant as fuck privileged white mans mouth.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •