Page 389 of 638 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    Exercycle
    So much for an independent judiciary. What can they do - strip him of his pension ?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    So much for an independent judiciary. What can they do - strip him of his pension ?
    American Judiciary? Independent?

Never has been.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Seriously - who gives a fuck?

America have been meddling in the political affairs of numerous countries for decades.
    You don't think the russians mind controlling every american citizen to vote a certain way in the election is important
    Last edited by mashman; 23rd July 2019 at 20:44. Reason: removed the un
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    a whole new wave of Trump supporters.
    Who are these people?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So why do you keep banging on about Russian meddling in the US elections?
    You are being inconsistent. You enthusiastically adopt every crackpot conspiracy theory going, even some that aren't going.
    "There needs to be an inquiry," seems to ring a bell?

Here we have a genuine and substantial conspiracy and you aren't at all interested. Isn't it deluded enough for you?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    "There needs to be an inquiry," seems to ring a bell?
    I believe it is far more pertinent for us in New Zealand to be sure that our military maintains it's integrity and acts in accordance with accepted rules of engagement than whether the Russians attempted to "disrupt US social media".

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I believe it is far more pertinent for us in New Zealand to be sure that our military maintains it's integrity and acts in accordance with accepted rules of engagement than whether the Russians attempted to "disrupt US social media".
    Thereby showing a certain lack of perspective. In my experience the rules of engagement are adhered to, but that does not prevent a random act to the contrary although such would be very rare. It certainly isn't proven yet in the current case. New Zealand though is never more than a bit player on the world stage.

There is clear evidence that Russia interfered to get Trump elected, there is also evidence that Trump is dancing to Putin's tune.
    Trump is disrupting long standing alliances with resulting instability in the world, primarily to Russia's advantage.

Trump's stupid "easy to win" trade war could disrupt world trade, and as a trading nation we are at the mercy of any damage that he does.

His economic moves at home could crash the US economy which would also damage ours.

What is happening in the US of A effects us, but there is really nothing we can do about it. Our choice is simply to be informed or to join the 'sheeple'.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Another possible source of information will be available from today. "The Great Hack" should be available on Netflix. This deals with how Cambridge Analytica used information from Facebook to identify undecided voters and then form their opinion to support Trump in the USA, and Brexit in the UK.

Cambridge Analytica no longer exists as a company, but the same people are doing the same things for a new company. He

Bike
    Exercycle
    There's an interesting new twist just come out too. Trump's new most favoured news outlet - a little outfit called One America News - has been given a permanent seat at White House briefings and is encouraged to ask questions by Trump. Their political reporter is on the payroll of Sputnik - a Russian quasi news/propaganda govt organisation. He's registered with the Justice dept as an agent of a foreign power...
    Sputnik is one of the Russian organisations implicated in social media "influencing' of the election.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    And another member of Team Trump heads to a waiting cell.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...victed-1428176

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    There's an interesting new twist just come out too. Trump's new most favoured news outlet - a little outfit called One America News - has been given a permanent seat at White House briefings and is encouraged to ask questions by Trump. Their political reporter is on the payroll of Sputnik - a Russian quasi news/propaganda govt organisation. He's registered with the Justice dept as an agent of a foreign power...
    Sputnik is one of the Russian organisations implicated in social media "influencing' of the election.

Thanks for that heads-up. I hadn't come across that website in
    my online news travels.

Had a brief look at its Wiki online. Looks like it's "equal opportunity".
    Guaranteed to offend both sides of the political spectrum equally.

Just how I like my propaganda. Not too far to the left, not too
    far to the right. Right down the centre, so to speak.

You can't be too careful these days.

The wife came home from doing the grocery shopping the other
    day (I was busy) and she had bought a new breakfast cereal
    ("Just Right").

Well, I was sure that it was going to give me indigestion.

But after having read its general blurb ("well balanced") and its
    list of ingredients ("full of nuts"), I relaxed. And having tried
    it now, well, it's fine.

I could mention how it keeps you regular, but that might be
    too much information.

Bike
    Sold

Worth a watch/listen for insite into Trump's historic world?

TruNews
    Streamed live 7 hours ago
    Today on TRUNEWS we discuss the infamous mafia lawyer Roy Cohn and his deep connection to his protege Donald J. Trump, including a never before seen photograph which Vanity Fair alleges is the President dressed up like a Nero-era centurion. Rick Wiles, Edward Szall, Doc Burkhart, Kerry Kinsey. Airdate: July 23, 2019

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Thanks for that heads-up. I hadn't come across that website in
    my online news travels.

Had a brief look at its Wiki online. Looks like it's "equal opportunity".
    Guaranteed to offend both sides of the political spectrum equally.

Just how I like my propaganda. Not too far to the left, not too
    far to the right. Right down the centre, so to speak.

You can't be too careful these days.
    I've never seen it. Possibly more relevant in the Trump context is that the front staff - females anyway - are described on another forum as "younger and hotter than Fox".....

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Well so much for all the excitement of "Mueller testifying soon".

Of the clips that I've watched so far, all I'm really seeing is an old man showing apparent signs of the onset of dementia.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Well so much for all the excitement of "Mueller testifying soon".

Of the clips that I've watched so far, all I'm really seeing is an old man showing apparent signs of the onset of dementia.
    Yeah, you could see that, Michael Moore did and said so. Or you could see a very experienced lawyer being very careful with his words.

The Democrats did rather better than I thought they would in their questioning. The Republicans did what was expected.

The problem is that apparently very few people have read the report, even in Congress where they are paid to read the bloody thing. This in spite of the fact that it's available free from the Justice Dept website, although the careless rich can buy a copy.

The Democrats were hoping to get an easily digestible movie version of the report. In that they were shit outa luck.

Thread Information