Page 279 of 638 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by yokel View Post
    Why was Comey fired 2 weeks after the NZ 5 eyes meeting in Queenstown?
    Trump is the one with the compromising material.
    January 2017, Comey testified to Congress confirming Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections and confirmed an ongoing investigation, although he refused to comment specifically on the Trump organization. President-elect Trump stated his intention to keep Comey as the FBI director. In March, Comey finally confirmed that the FBI was investigating links between the Trump campaign and Russia. He also refuted Trump's allegations that the Obama administration had wiretapped him.
    During the weeks leading up to May 9, grand jury subpoenas were issued by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Alexandria, Virginia, to associates of Michael Flynn for the purpose of obtaining records relating to the investigation of Russia's role in the election. News outlets became aware of these subpoenas on May 9
    Trump fired him May 9th.
    That same day President Trump hired a law firm to send a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee denying any business or other connections to Russia, "with some exceptions". The law firm itself turned out to have "deep ties" to Russia, and had even been selected as "Russia Law Firm of 2016.

On May 16, 2017, it was first reported that Comey had prepared a detailed memo following every meeting and telephone call he had with President Trump

Comey testified under oath and with official memos that gave account of Trumps previous actions 8th June
    February 14 meeting.
    One memo referred to an Oval Office meeting on February 14, 2017, during which Comey says Trump attempted to persuade him to abort the investigation into Michael Flynn. The meeting had begun as a broader national security briefing, the day after Trump had dismissed Flynn as National Security Advisor. Near the conclusion of the briefing, the President asked those in attendance other than Director Comey to leave the room—including Vice President Pence and Attorney General Sessions. He then reportedly said to Comey "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

Comey and other senior FBI officials perceived Trump's remarks "as an effort to influence the investigation, but they decided that they would try to keep the conversation secret—even from the F.B.I. agents working on the Russia investigation—so the details of the conversation would not affect the investigation.

In a Twitter post on May 12, Trump implied that he might have recorded his conversations with Comey, saying, "James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
    Comey Responded In his June 8 testimony, Comey said "I've seen the tweet about tapes. Lordy, I hope there are tapes!" He added that he would consent to the release of any such recordings.

In June 9 and June 11 Twitter comments on Comey's testimony, Trump accused Comey of "so many false statements and lies" and "very cowardly" leaks but added that Comey's testimony had amounted to "total and complete vindication" of Trump. Later that day Trump held a brief news conference, during which he insisted that he did not ask Comey to end the investigation into Flynn and was willing to say so under oath. He twice dodged questions about whether there are tapes of White House conversations.
    On June 9, members of Congress from both parties called on Trump to say once and for all whether any 'tapes' exist.The ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), called for the White House to hand over any tapes, if they exist, to the committee, and threatened subpoenas if the White House did not comply with the deadline by June 23.
    On June 22, Trump tweeted "I have no idea [...] whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings

#note
    President Richard Nixon's terminated special prosecutor Archibald Cox, When he found out he had been investigating the Watergate scandal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Sold

Media vacuum creates media explosion?

They didn't actually "do" anything at Helsinki - did they?

Bike
    Sold
    Ken O'Keefe quietly and clearly to the point - only ourselves to blame for being where we are at?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Thought this was appropriate...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37218418_1749657705101085_1004463331500621824_n.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	337614  

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Trump fired him May 9th.
    That same day President Trump hired a law firm to send a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee denying any business or other connections to Russia, "with some exceptions". The law firm itself turned out to have "deep ties" to Russia, and had even been selected as "Russia Law Firm of 2016.

On May 16, 2017, it was first reported that Comey had prepared a detailed memo following every meeting and telephone call he had with President Trump

Comey testified under oath and with official memos that gave account of Trumps previous actions 8th June
    February 14 meeting.
    One memo referred to an Oval Office meeting on February 14, 2017, during which Comey says Trump attempted to persuade him to abort the investigation into Michael Flynn. The meeting had begun as a broader national security briefing, the day after Trump had dismissed Flynn as National Security Advisor. Near the conclusion of the briefing, the President asked those in attendance other than Director Comey to leave the room—including Vice President Pence and Attorney General Sessions. He then reportedly said to Comey "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

Comey and other senior FBI officials perceived Trump's remarks "as an effort to influence the investigation, but they decided that they would try to keep the conversation secret—even from the F.B.I. agents working on the Russia investigation—so the details of the conversation would not affect the investigation.

In a Twitter post on May 12, Trump implied that he might have recorded his conversations with Comey, saying, "James Comey better hope that there are no 'tapes' of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!
    Comey Responded In his June 8 testimony, Comey said "I've seen the tweet about tapes. Lordy, I hope there are tapes!" He added that he would consent to the release of any such recordings.

In June 9 and June 11 Twitter comments on Comey's testimony, Trump accused Comey of "so many false statements and lies" and "very cowardly" leaks but added that Comey's testimony had amounted to "total and complete vindication" of Trump. Later that day Trump held a brief news conference, during which he insisted that he did not ask Comey to end the investigation into Flynn and was willing to say so under oath. He twice dodged questions about whether there are tapes of White House conversations.
    On June 9, members of Congress from both parties called on Trump to say once and for all whether any 'tapes' exist.The ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), called for the White House to hand over any tapes, if they exist, to the committee, and threatened subpoenas if the White House did not comply with the deadline by June 23.
    On June 22, Trump tweeted "I have no idea [...] whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings

#note
    President Richard Nixon's terminated special prosecutor Archibald Cox, When he found out he had been investigating the Watergate scandal.
    "Wiretapped"= illegal 5 eyes surveillance.

Obama and friends are in the shit.
    Watergate x 1000.....

Peter Strzok hearing

simple question, why did the Soviets modify a air-raid shelter into a gas chamber? what was their intention?

Bike
    YZ 144, monster 800, rs250
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Thought this was appropriate...
    simple question, why did the Soviets modify a air-raid shelter into a gas chamber? what was their intention?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Shit oh dear, some people watch some utter tripe.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Says Mr "The Daily Mirror Reports".

Or perhaps you've got a Mills & Boon version you'd like to share.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Says Mr "The Daily Mirror Reports".

Or perhaps you've got a Mills & Boon version you'd like to share.

The Daily Mirror?

Pity you couldn't get past the "Mills and Boon" aspect, but then you have consistently demonstrated an inability to sort the wheat from the chaff.

We see a lot of clips on the news that are "special for the camera". They are posed, not at all real. The first photo was taken by Peter Arnett and it is the real thing. The second photo is a statue since erected in honour of Rescorla. Neither look particularly Mills and Boon to me, but you can see whatever you like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rescorla.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	563.5 KB 
ID:	337627   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__rick___rescorla.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	337626  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by yokel View Post
    "Wiretapped"= illegal 5 eyes surveillance.

Obama and friends are in the shit.
    Watergate x 1000.....
    5 eyes predates watergate.

Obama is in the shit really, what for "fake news"

President Trump claimed Thursday the “Fake News” is pushing for a “major confrontation” with Russia, ratcheting up his defense of the summit with Vladimir Putin on the third day of damage control over their controversial joint press conference.
    “The Fake News Media wants so badly to see a major confrontation with Russia, even a confrontation that could lead to war. They are pushing so recklessly hard and hate the fact that I’ll probably have a good relationship with Putin. We are doing MUCH better than any other country!” Trump tweeted early Thursday.
    He also said: "The Fake News Media is going Crazy! They make up stories without any backup, sources or proof. Many of the stories written about me, and the good people surrounding me, are total fiction. Problem is, when you complain you just give them more publicity. But I’ll complain anyway!"

Donald Trump
    Says "the New York Times wrote about" Barack Obama wiretapping Donald Trump during the election.
    They never did but the aptly names “Failing New York Times” did.

Donald Trump
    Says James Clapper said "that the FBI was spying on (Trump's) campaign."
    He said they were spying on Russia, not the campaign, its just trumps team were "chating with Russians spies"

Donald Trump
    "The servers of the Pakistani gentleman that worked on the DNC" are "missing."
    No missing server
    Donald Trump
    Says John Podesta "refused to give the DNC server to the FBI and the CIA. Disgraceful!"
    Podesta didn't work for the DNC
    Donald Trump
    "Hillary Clinton lied many times to the FBI." December 5th, 2017
    FBI director Comey said she didn't lie
    Donald Trump
    Said Dianne Feinstein said "there is no collusion" between the Trump campaign and Russia. January 2nd, 2018
    Feinstein said collusion is "open question"

Donald Trump
    "The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process." 20th March https://twitter.com/potus/status/843...655360?lang=en
    They didn't say that at all, quite the contrary
    In a February 13, 2018, testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, the heads of the top six American intelligence agencies unanimously reaffirmed Russian interference
    https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ons.pdf&page=7
    As of June 2018, at least 11 Trump associates or officials have admitted to having contacts with Russians during the campaign or transition

Donald Trump
    "Twitter, Google and Facebook are burying the FBI criminal investigation of Clinton. Very dishonest media!"
    No evidence at all of this occuring quite the contary.

Donald Trump
    Says Hillary Clinton was "let off the hook" for her email scandal while Gen. David Petraeus had his life "destroyed for doing far, far less."
    FBI director says, "It's the reverse."

I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    I Ride No More

US Election Funding

Now they won't be able to identify Russians funding come the next election.

https://sputniknews.com/us/201807211...oups-disclose/

Donald, what are you going to do about it ? Oh, it's your team's idea.

Oh, you're happy to accept their money, as long as they don't "meddle".

No Twitter - That's your domain. OK.
    No FaceBook - Zuck will de-register their accounts or filter out their content. OK.

Fine. Got it now.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    and others get all their dirt from the Herald

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    and others get all their dirt from the Herald
    I was given a free 5 week subscription for the Herald, I thought it might have a bit more substance than the on line versions, other than pages and pages of sport and classified not much there. They called me up and said its coming to an end and would I like to get it for $7 a week for the rest of the year.
    I said no as I get all my news off KB and they hung up.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I was given a free 5 week subscription for the Herald, I thought it might have a bit more substance than the on line versions, other than pages and pages of sport and classified not much there. They called me up and said its coming to an end and would I like to get it for $7 a week for the rest of the year.
    I said no as I get all my news off KB and they hung up.
    Great choice! - If the truth's known the Herald probably gets their own news from KB anyway!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Newspapers around the world are in trouble. I saw a comment once in respect of the Huffington Post. The writer was saying that he would not consider them fully as a news organisation until they covered local body council meetings. His point was that if traditional newspapers die out, and there are no journos at council meetings, corruption would become the norm.

In that respect New Zealand is no different. If the papers stop attending council meetings all kinds of insider deals would become possible and nobody would be any the wiser.

Thread Information