Page 594 of 638 FirstFirst ... 94494544584592593594595596604 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    No you don't.
    Just because I think on some issues that one side is full of shit doesn't mean that I neither read nor listen to it.

The corollary to that is the reason I think one side is full of shit is precisely BECAUSE I read and listened....
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a playbook for wannabe dictators and Trump is using it. Nothing about this is normal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...bbd_story.html
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Nothing about this is normal.
    Neither is your fixation.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A little ray of sunshine on a sad day. The most racist and one of the most stupid guys in the US Congress - and that is a high bar - lost his seat today. Steve King lost his Primary in Iowa.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The US Secretary of Defence has announced that he does not support invoking the Insurrection Act. A rare show of courage in Trump’s administration which will likely lead to his rapid replacement.

Bike
    Exercycle
    The US Secretary of Defence has announced that he does not support invoking the Insurrection Act. A rare show of courage in Trump’s administration which will likely lead to his rapid replacement.
    I note the Pentagon has walked back the involvement of the senior military in Trump's photo-op at StJohns church. "they weren't told what was happening - just followed"

I'd pick that Esper has been told quietly by the Joint Chiefs that 1/ There's enough doubt about Trump's ability to legally call in the military that they don't want to do it. Congress would certainly not approve it for a start.
    And 2/ i suspect that they'd have a hard job finding troops who would act against the US public. The National Guard is another thing entirely. Part=time officers and a gung-ho attitude. They're dangerous.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The National Guard is another thing entirely. Part=time officers and a gung-ho attitude. They're dangerous.
    Yeah....

Imma just leave this here:

Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Yeah....

Imma just leave this here:

Nice and worth repeating

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I note the Pentagon has walked back the involvement of the senior military in Trump's photo-op at StJohns church. "they weren't told what was happening - just followed"

I'd pick that Esper has been told quietly by the Joint Chiefs that 1/ There's enough doubt about Trump's ability to legally call in the military that they don't want to do it. Congress would certainly not approve it for a start.
    And 2/ i suspect that they'd have a hard job finding troops who would act against the US public. The National Guard is another thing entirely. Part=time officers and a gung-ho attitude. They're dangerous.
    The guy at Trump's photo bible bash was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Trump stated vaguely that the general had been put in charge, he'd won many battles, never lost one...

People who know about such things have commented that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs commands precisely nobody. That makes sense, he's not in command of any unit, there is another general in command of the army. He's probably more of a lawyer than a soldier.

There are some strange goings on. The sinister looking troops at the Lincoln Memorial wearing masks and no identifying marks were apparently Air Force. That takes them instantly from sinister to silly.

There were some serious looking dudes who, when asked who they were, would just reply Justice Dept. These guys have been identified as from the Bureau of Prisons Riot Squad. They could definitely be hazardous to your health.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    People who know about such things have commented that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs commands precisely nobody. That makes sense, he's not in command of any unit, there is another general in command of the army. He's probably more of a lawyer than a soldier.
    Have you even bothered to look into the past appointments of General Mark Milley?

He's probably more of a soldier than you ever were.

Bike
    I Ride No More
    So when does the "colour revolution" start ?

And will it be an "Orange" revolution, given that Ukraine used that colour back in 2004 ?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Have you even bothered to look into the past appointments of General Mark Milley?

He's probably more of a soldier than you ever were.
    I have now and will concede that point. It remains however that he does not have a command. Colin Powell, when he held that position, commented that he couldn't even command his secretary.

He was also criticised for appearing in Trump's photo op in fatigues but I didn't grasp the significance of that at the time. I do now.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I have now and will concede that point.
    Perhaps you should have looked into it before flapping your gums - again.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    What I like best about these ads is that they are produced by Republicans. People from Trump's own party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FvBtu3gB4

Bike
    I Ride No More

Not to be Out-Done

https://sputniknews.com/us/202006031...-floyds-death/

I see Nancy Pelosi decided to visit a protest.

But the big question has to be: Was She Handing Out Cookies ?

Thread Information