Page 580 of 638 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582590630 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 9559

Thread: The American (USA) 2016 presidential elections thread?

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking01 View Post
    Don,
    Having just signed a Signing Agreement revoking the agreed oversight of the money to be allocated to the financial industry, now you go and cancel the just-agreed production agreement of much needed ventilators by GM:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ects-1-billion

[Edit]
    Ignore the above post. Failed to check date of the above article.

GM is apparently continuing with ventilator manufacture as a priority:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/03/3...s-coronavirus/
    Contrast that with the UK based Dyson coming up with ventilator plans in 10 days and first ones rolling of the line early April.

Makes me *wonder* <===== (note speculation Trump defenders) if Trump tried to can the GM ones because the Chinese factories are coming back on line - America first?
    https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6145723041001

Bike
    I Ride No More

Ventilators

Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Contrast that with the UK based Dyson coming up with ventilator plans in 10 days and first ones rolling of the line early April.

Makes me *wonder* <===== (note speculation Trump defenders) if Trump tried to can the GM ones because the Chinese factories are coming back on line - America first?
    https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6145723041001
    Interesting to see other players such as Dyson entering the market, whether short term or with a long term view.

My mistake re dates for the GM contract (the link posted earlier related to the day before the GM contract was signed, and not the day after). Don did say that there had been "vigorous negotiation" on price, but who knows ?

Ford Motor Company has also actively joined the party:

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/f...221845175.html

Chinese factories were definitely coming back on stream regarding accelerated ventilator manufacture, though they will suffer from US sanctions to some extent (due to restrictions on certain critical parts). An article from the 26th:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1183869.shtml

Bike
    Yo momma

Chinese factories were definitely coming back on stream regarding accelerated ventilator manufacture, though they will suffer from US sanctions to some extent (due to restrictions on certain critical parts). ]
    Those cunts should be supplying them for free.
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    I Ride No More

Behind The Scenes

It was interesting to see earlier (when the US CARES Act was signed) that the US Treasury announced in tandem the appointment of BlackRock as their asset manager. Which tickled a few memory cells, and prompted a little searching. One search found the following:

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/...lout-programs/

What conflict of interest ?

So now the US has the Fed as the "banker" for this comfortable little arrangement (able to leverage USD $425 billion into $4.5 trillion to buy assets of all varying quality), the Treasury being the purchaser of the financial assets, and BlackRock as the asset manager (to facilitate the purchase and management of said financial assets).

So BlackRock will be asked to steer all the various bond (plus share) purchases on behalf of the Treasury.

Not only is BlackRock very well connected, but it has its hands into just about every significant US corporation you can name. And it has about $6.5 trillion in assets (yes, trillion). There are other large players in the market like Vanguard ($3 trillion), but just concentrate on BlackRock.

It has about 70 offices in 30 countries, and with its own asset holdings, it is probably the largest "shadow bank" in the world (larger than JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank combined). Its Aladdin asset management system is used to manage the financial assets of well over a hundred pension funds, banks and insurance companies around the world.

With about 17,000 traders using this system worldwide, BlackRock has a very good picture of what individual companies and economies are doing at any point. And with a good knowledge of interest rate movements and spreads, it's in a good position to profit.

BlackRock will be very actively involved in the asset (bond and share) buying programme going on behind the scenes while the coronavirus pandemic plays out around the globe.

Against a backdrop of:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/corpor...-cards/5708053

it was also interesting to see another article today, where the Moody's credit rating agency was starting to "talk down" credit ratings for various corporations.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/mood...-negative.html

So I may be a little cynical, but this looks like an ideal opportunity to either acquire assets (like shares) at "significantly reduced" prices, or to squeeze a good margin ("risk premium")from purchase of various bonds.

Will companies be in competition with one another for funds, and be willing to cut deals ?

Does this look as if it is giving BlackRock some considerable political power as well ?

Well, if you have some control over corporate balance sheets and also over corporate executives whose remuneration is tied to the value of assets, I would think so. And as a significant shareholder in a large number of corporations in its own right, it might even be possible to arrange for such organisations to channel funds to various PAC's or politicians in order to get favourable treatment.

You would only have to look at the largest donors for politicians like Trump and Pence to find out. The same probably applies for a few other Republican politicians (e.g. Mitch McConnell, Chuck Grassley, Kevin McCarthy). I haven't bothered searching the situation for major Democrat politicians, but doubt the situation varies.

So when Larry Fink, the founder of BlackRock back in 1988 (and still CEO) says that the world is going to be quite different after the coronavirus pandemic, he's probably in an excellent position to make that judgement (as his organisation could well be involved in driving that change).

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...31-p54fhj.html

You know, when you have such a degree of control over the Fed, the Treasury and so many corporations, it almost makes you wonder why they even need politicians. And democracy.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Interesting to see other players such as Dyson entering the market, whether short term or with a long term view.
    Students at MIT designed a simple respirator using readily available component parts in sixteen hours. Whether it's going into production the article didn't say. Being the US though nobody will probably be prepared to risk being sued if one failed.

Oh, and I see for the second day in a row the stable genius is suggesting that the shortage of masks etc is due to skulduggery on the part of medical staff selling them out the back door etc. He would do that himself I'm sure, but I'm not convinced the medical people would.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    He would do that himself I'm sure, but I'm not convinced the medical people would.
    Like how he was practically in the military, he likely thinks, he was almost a doctor, only he confused the Hippocratic oath with being a hypocritical oaf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Trump is on form, asked why the US is not responding to the virus more like Korea is, he announced he knows more about Korea than anybody. He then enlarged on that by asking if the reporters know the population of Seoul, then told them it was 38 million.

The population of Seoul is just under 10 million. Trump knows less about virtually everything than anybody. (Except his supporters.)

He then proceeded to display a new Covid 19 testing machine, which he removed from the box, and placed on the table on its back. At least it wasn't actually upside down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUV-JnbXQAI6xj8.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	345090  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    BSA A10
    Students at MIT designed a simple respirator using readily available component parts in sixteen hours. Whether it's going into production the article didn't say. Being the US though nobody will probably be prepared to risk being sued if one failed.
    Respirators are a very simple, ventilators are not
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Respirators are a very simple, ventilators are not
    The MIT design is built around a respirator bag to make a ventilator.
    Very #8 wire.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...vid19-pandemic
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A new Covid 19 test has been introduced in the US. People are advised to package a stool sample and post it to:
    1600 Pensylvania Avenue
    Washington DC
    USA

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    A new Covid 19 test has been introduced in the US. People are advised to package a stool sample and post it to:
    1600 Pensylvania Avenue
    Washington DC
    USA
    I sent two.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The MIT design is built around a respirator bag to make a ventilator.
    Very #8 wire.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...vid19-pandemic
    That's the one. Number 8 wire is better than nothing. Much better.

The Pentagon are reportedly holding large supplies of ventilators and masks but are not releasing them because they can get no instructions as to where they should be delivered. Basically, the problem is that nobody knows who is in charge. The Vice President heads a task force. Jared Kushner heads a task force. FEMA would normally be responsible, or possibly the Department of Homeland Security. Trump has said that he is not responsible. So nothing moves.

Bike
    husaberg
    So nothing moves.
    Moves are afoot.
    1600 Pensylvania Avenue
    Washington DC
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    I sent two.
    Shits about to get real........
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Sold

USA congress disfunctional? (with regard to the constitution?)

Congressman called ‘Most Hated Man in Washington’ Stands Alone Against Bailout :- https://needtoknow.news/2020/04/cong...ainst-bailout/ - Interesting interview puts left and right politics into perspective? -

Bike
    Sold

An interesting follow on after watching the above video clip?

Now We Know How Germany Let It Happen?:- https://chuckbaldwinlive.com/Article...It-Happen.aspx - Best not to shoot the messenger until after you have read what he has to say about the current USA/World situation? -

Shoot him by all means for this sort of left/right compliant bullshit:-

[quote]No! Donald Trump was not a man of the people to take down the Deep State; he was always a puppet of the Deep State to take down the rights and freedoms of The People. State governors (Republican and Democrat) are taking their Police State cues from the White House, because they know that as long as Trump endorses the plan, Christians and conservatives will sheepishly go along. I’m telling you straight out: This all-out assault against our freedoms would not and could not be happening if a Democrat was in the White House.

I’ve said it a hundred times: America loses far more freedoms when a Republican is in the White House than when a Democrat is in the White House. We lost far more liberties under G.W. Bush than we did under Bill Clinton, and we have lost far more freedoms under Donald Trump than we did under Barack Obama. And right now it looks like the loss of EVERYTHING we hold dear as a nation will occur under the Republican President Donald Trump.[un-quote]

It was going to happen regardless of which party (Democrat or republic) was in power!

Thread Information