Thread: VIDEO: Boarding and leaving the Bluebridge or Interislander ferries on a motorcycle

Bike
    '01 Yamaha YZFR6
    Blog Entries

VIDEO: Boarding and leaving the Bluebridge or Interislander ferries on a motorcycle

Hey guys,

As promised, here are the videos showing the boarding and leaving process of the Interislander and Bluebridge ferries on a motorcycle.

In my opinion the Bluebridge ferry was far superior - better facilities, motorcycle parking at the FRONT of the ship compared to the rear of the ship, better viewing on the top deck also. Working your way around the Interislander was almost impossible, badly signposted. Bluebridge was about $10 cheaper also.

I must add - PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN TIE DOWNS! Both ferries only offer rope with hooks!

Here are the links to the videos on my YouTube page:

Bluebridge Wellington - Picton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1qbamp7Pk

Interislander Picton - Wellington
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GB8zhBOfaE

I'm not after any fame or views - just want to help another biker like me that was shit scared about travelling on the ferries.

Trust me guys as long as the weather is fine your baby will be sweet as!

The bike is a 2001 Yamaha R6, filmed with a Navman Mivue 388 powered by a Sony Battery Bank (unsure of model).

Hope this helps!

STEVEN

THE FOUR RULES OF EXPLORING THIS AMAZING COUNTRY OF NZ
    RIDE SAFE, RIDE HARD, RIDE FREE

and try not sound so route 51 american brudda

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by CB ARGH View Post
    motorcycle parking at the FRONT of the ship compared to the rear of the ship,
    so are you scared of travelling a further 45meters? BTW interislander have more than one boat too.
    my bitch about bring your own tiedowns is that that doesn't mean the bike next to you is secured right.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Never been on Bluebridge. But that wet inclined ramp is a tad concern! Mind you I have a bad experience with water + steel floor

Cheers for the vid.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information