Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Green Turd - Suzuki GSF250 Project

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Looking great - I like it!

Bike
    Bandit
    Eh! haven't been doing much other than riding it lately! Added a LED headlight which is useless so staying with normal lighting all around including indicators for functionality and keeping it looking normal not confused as to what year it belongs to.

Cleaned up the exhaust manifold in the weekend. Instead of leaving it shiny stainless which is nice but not the look im after Ive opted for a lower maintenance option. blaaack

Picked up some new studs and copper washers from Mitre10

Also painted the clutch cover just to see how durable this paint is as id like to do the entire engine at some point. might opt for a high temp clear over the top or just pickup some gloss engine enamel, mat looks nice but unsure of the mat and then gloss wheel combination.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Nice work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Bandit
    Ok, so whats new.

Reverted back to the stock headlight thank goodness for that. looks better works better. gone off the idea of LED for now.

added some pod filters to give it maximum street appeal. i know i know this was/is a bad idea due to the fact taht its near impossible to jet/set the carbs up for them but i thought id give it a go.

And you would have never guessed but it now runs like an absolute dreeaaaaaadfulnightmare

yea, nah, bad idea haha. on stock 105 main jets it bogs at anything over 1/3 throttle. i went up from 105 main jets to 107.5 and the issue is the same. due to the fact that i like tinkering im going to keep trying. have a play with the needle hights etc but im almost certainly going back to the stick airbox once im done playing around.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Wideband A/F ratio meter?

Bike
    Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Wideband A/F ratio meter?
    I do actually have an AEM Wideband in my car, have been tempted to retro fit it to the bike to see whats going on haha.

But as said i don't think its a fueling issue at this point. it seems to be starving for air, thinking the sliders are not lifting up as they are lifted by vacuum which does not exist with no air restriction on the pod filters.

You can see the sliders in this picture. Very new to carburetter stuff like this so still trying to understand how they actually function when given different amounts of throttle etc.

Bike
    Bandit

GSF250 to 400 engine swap - Not so straightforward

Little update since i haven't posted in a while.

I had a brilliant idea of dropping a 400 engine in... was all going to plan until i found that the engine mounts are all around a cm wider on the 400 frame.

For the time being i'll take this opportunity to tidy up the 250 engine a little and plop it back in and continue enjoying. I'll then fab up some revised engine mounts and work on the 400 conversion at a later stage when the weather is not so appealing. At that point hopefully i will have found a gsxr front end for it also.

In regards to the 400 running on the 250 loom and electrics its all good. i have started the 400 while its sitting on the pallet beside the bike connected to all the plugs and it fired right up

If anyone has a dead Bandit 400 lying around though lmk and i'll take it off your hands!

Side note, fitted a CRF250F muffler which sounds perfect, flows similar to the stock muffler so no jetting issues and has a nice compact look

Bike
    Bandit

250 Engine Cleanup

Managed to cleanup the 250 engine ready to go back in.

Pics are mid progress, the Shiny silver clutch cover and other covers are all going black also. I used VHT Wrinkle Plus, love the textured look.

Bike
    Bandit

Bike
    Its a Boat
    The Green Turd theme aside, did it ever cross your mind to have less green? swing arm and trellis frame primarily.
    Still, a great job done and I bet you're pleased with the outcome.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I like the green! Awesome job dude!

Bike
    Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    The Green Turd theme aside, did it ever cross your mind to have less green? swing arm and trellis frame primarily.
    Still, a great job done and I bet you're pleased with the outcome.
    Haha yea absolutely, if i keep it much longer it will be going a completely difference color but chances are i'll be focusing the time and money on a bigger bike. I've warmed to the green, it is a factory color which just makes me laugh so much. with the black wheels and now the engine tidied up i'm pretty happy with where its at.

Bike
    Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    I like the green! Awesome job dude!
    Cheers, it is good fun

Bike
    Bandit
    I swapped out the rear chock for a GSXR250 fully adjustable last night. will have a play with the settings and see how things go.

The stock one is warn and soft so hopefully this will firm the rear up a little.

next is sorting out the front end

Thread Information