Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgestone S21 Launch

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    crc damper. Only the rr version has ohlins electronic damper. Nissan front master and brembo brakes but front is all good.
    Rear brake issues failing every 700km ends up full of air. Brembo rear master in a very hot location.
    Italians! Bet it looks really nice though

Lookout - some bugger will pipe wrap it, and recover your seat in vintage brown leather.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Italians! some bugger will pipe wrap it.

This may happen in the area that goes past the master if problem continues out of warranty.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Just fitted my 3rd S21 rear and did manage to break the 6k mark with the second.
    Ok nearly 6k out of third rear and 12k from the front. PP3's next, but only because they were cheap.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Ok nearly 6k out of third rear and 12k from the front. PP3's next, but only because they were cheap.
    I'll be interested to see what you think of them, in terms of carcass stiffness they're at the opposite end of the spectrum from the OE Dunlops.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Familiar with the PP3 front (16k), but the rear is a bit unknown. Michelin do have the advantage they're nice and easy to fit, but I think I'll be dialing back the right hand a little compared to the S21's.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Familiar with the PP3 front (16k), but the rear is a bit unknown. Michelin do have the advantage they're nice and easy to fit, but I think I'll be dialing back the right hand a little compared to the S21's.
    I changed from a PP2 on the 1125 to a PP3. Was quite a bit squirmier, wasn't keen, it let go nice and progressively but I didn't feel as well connected if that makes sense.

Have only run an S21 and 2 of the original Dunlop Sportsmax on the KTM. The S21 is wearing well but I may still go back to the Dunlop next. Having first saved up the extra hundred bux and remembered to give the shop plenty of time to find one for me.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I changed from a PP2 on the 1125 to a PP3. Was quite a bit squirmier, wasn't keen, it let go nice and progressively but I didn't feel as well connected if that makes sense.
    I ran a set of PP3 on the ZZR1200. The front was fine, but the rear felt squirmy, and also slid too easily when the road surface was changeable. Finally, it managed to squirm, spin and slide all at the same time, really scaring me. So it came off, even though it was only half worn.

The front was much better.

Sent from somewhere using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Where do you buy in Palmy Nth Owl ? thought I might try some PP3s myself.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    I ran a set of PP3 on the ZZR1200. The front was fine, but the rear felt squirmy, and also slid too easily when the road surface was changeable. Finally, it managed to squirm, spin and slide all at the same time, really scaring me. So it came off, even though it was only half worn.

The front was much better.

Yeah, I think the 1125 weighed 174Kg, I can imagine a PP3 rear would be a bit unnerving on a heavier bike. Not sure which way the later PPs have gone, I seem to recall someone said they'd pulled back a bit from the very light construction, I know you get more options with the Pilot Roads nowadays.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    A bit unnerving ... It was the worst moment I've had on a bike for 30 years!

I tried the SportSmart after that, best tyres I've ever run on that bike. They've done 7000 kms and the rear will probably last another 1000 or so.

There is now the Power RS, which is getting good reviews so far.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Where do you buy in Palmy Nth Owl ? thought I might try some PP3s myself.
    I don't buy in Palmy. Boyds have sets on special in 3 sizes (180/55, 190/50, 190/55) for $419 delivered.

http://www.boydmotorcycles.co.nz/sto...82&t=4&c=71141
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I don't buy in Palmy. Boyds have sets on special in 3 sizes (180/55, 190/50, 190/55) for $419 delivered.

http://www.boydmotorcycles.co.nz/sto...82&t=4&c=71141
    Boyds , cheers for the reply Owl.

I popped into the Honda shop Palmy and was quoted S20s for $464 (S21s dearer again).
    Seems a new owner in there too, Scott Newton from Shannon . That was a surprise !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Seems a new owner in there too, Scott Newton from Shannon . That was a surprise !
    Had heard it was coming, so that's good. Wasn't a fan of the Carian's.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Took the 2000km old S21's through the lower Coro loop today (Paeroa, Waihi, Whangamata, over Kopu to Thames.) Last few times have been on PP3's.

That sort of road really shows up the benefits of the S21 (well, on my particular bike anyway) - I've said it before but it's like riding on a rail. Through those tight corners they just tip over and over and keep going as long and as deep as you want. Even on the wet* I didn't feel anything go wandering at any time. Certainly a nice experience.

Anyway I love those tyres and am pleased to see few signs of wear as yet.

* If you head north from Whangamata, there is a hill just before SH25a goes left off SH25. An excellent hill to ride, 'cept that every time I fucking ride it, there's a lone shower cloud hanging over it pissing rain. What the hell?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Yeah, I think the 1125 weighed 174Kg, I can imagine a PP3 rear would be a bit unnerving on a heavier bike. Not sure which way the later PPs have gone, I seem to recall someone said they'd pulled back a bit from the very light construction, I know you get more options with the Pilot Roads nowadays.
    Im pretty happy with the PP3s on the Sevenfiddy. Ive had no moments on them even on the track. But nothing like the torque etc of ya KTM.

Thread Information