Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Bridgestone S21 Launch

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Just looked at my front S21 and noted the sides are quite worn.
    The worst I've had that happen on was the factory Metzellers on the new Hornet 900 back in 05. Stuck like glue but carved away the sides and cupped like shit. PR2 was better but still hard on the sides, on the same bike this did not happen to other brands.

I think the most confident inspiring front I had on that bike was a Conti Road Attack 2. It just stuck to the road, period.

Bike
    It was on the good
    So I went with the Bridgestone T31's.

I know that you need to take a bit of care on new tyres but christ, it was the profile that nearly got me. I suspect I could have parked the bike on its old tyres without needing the side stand given the difference when tipping it in. No doubt the result of a year of boring commutes and very few rides just for the hell of it, which are getting less and less these days.

Spent some time setting up the suspension when I first got the bike and so far have not felt the need to fiddle with it due to these new tyres. Building confidence with them as well. Last night I think I was braking harder in the wet than ever before on my back road commute home and was fair shaking my head at the combined performance of the bike, the brakes and the tyres.

So far so good.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    So I went with the Bridgestone T31's.

I know that you need to take a bit of care on new tyres but christ, it was the profile that nearly got me. I suspect I could have parked the bike on its old tyres without needing the side stand given the difference when tipping it in. No doubt the result of a year of boring commutes and very few rides just for the hell of it, which are getting less and less these days.

Spent some time setting up the suspension when I first got the bike and so far have not felt the need to fiddle with it due to these new tyres. Building confidence with them as well. Last night I think I was braking harder in the wet than ever before on my back road commute home and was fair shaking my head at the combined performance of the bike, the brakes and the tyres.

So far so good.
    Pertinent. I need to replace my T30 rear but only have the option of a T30 evo or T31. Any great minds here care to comment on which will be the best match for the T30 front? The T31 is $9 cheaper...

Your comments on wet braking sum up why I like Bridgestones, ever since I started with BT021's. To date they have never let go in the wet, a wee bum wriggle now and again to indicate I should pull my head in is about it.
    Even 4 finger braking with my eyes closed was shrugged off.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    I am very happy with my T30 EVO front and T30 EVO gt rear on the Busa. I think T31s are a great call.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Well another pair of S21's worn out and another pair fitted. Mileage getting better over time or I'm getting softer, but 13.3k from the front and 6.8k from the rear.

Just doing a count up and that's 17 tyres I've consumed over the last 3 years on the SDR. Oh and 3 chain/sprocket sets.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Well another pair of S21's worn out and another pair fitted. Mileage getting better over time or I'm getting softer, but 13.3k from the front and 6.8k from the rear.

Just doing a count up and that's 17 tyres I've consumed over the last 3 years on the SDR. Oh and 3 chain/sprocket sets.
    Sounds about right.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Something to do with being V twin ??
    My record is weird, bike has done 40 odd Kms tyres (S20s) every 6kms, I have NEVER adjusted the chain but lube it every second ride. Still original !
    Must be the way I ride,I wear the tyres but must be smooth on the gas ???

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Something to do with being V twin ??
    My record is weird, bike has done 40 odd Kms tyres (S20s) every 6kms, I have NEVER adjusted the chain but lube it every second ride. Still original !
    Must be the way I ride,I wear the tyres but must be smooth on the gas ???
    Maybe, I get about 7k from the rear M7RR but adjust the chain once a year.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I have NEVER adjusted the chain but lube it every second ride. Still original !
    That's good going and yeah, mine could be partially the V-twin thing. In saying that, chain 3 died in 10k due to worn damper assembly. Have now fitted a DID ZVM-X chain, so curious as to how that will fare compared to the first two.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    That's good going and yeah, mine could be partially the V-twin thing. In saying that, chain 3 died in 10k due to worn damper assembly. Have now fitted a DID ZVM-X chain, so curious as to how that will fare compared to the first two.
    I fitted a DID VX to the R1, very happy so far. Adjusted twice in 25,000 km and doesn't have a noticeable tight spot yet, unlike the last 2 EK chains.

Even more surprising is the ally AFAM rear sprocket. The hard anodizing wore through on the leading edge of the teeth a while ago but still almost no wear.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR

S22

Oh I'm excited.

Was just wondering when the next generation of Bridgestone sports tyres were coming out. Looked at their site and the S22 is listed.

Come on White's, I'll be needing a rear soon.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Tiger 1050/ Racing Sidecar/KX450F
    Oh I'm excited.

Was just wondering when the next generation of Bridgestone sports tyres were coming out. Looked at their site and the S22 is listed.

Come on White's, I'll be needing a rear soon.
    Hello

These are due to arrive on the 31st of this month so will be available from Feb onwards.
    No Bull Sheds F1 Sidecar Team - Proudly supported by:

No Bull Sheds - Putoline Oils - Shoei Helmets - Raecin Motorsport - Mad Graphics

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Dave View Post
    Hello

These are due to arrive on the 31st of this month so will be available from Feb onwards.
    Cool that should tie in nicely.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    No S21 Evo then?

Bike
    Tiger 1050/ Racing Sidecar/KX450F
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    No S21 Evo then?
    No, straight to a S22 this time
    No Bull Sheds F1 Sidecar Team - Proudly supported by:

No Bull Sheds - Putoline Oils - Shoei Helmets - Raecin Motorsport - Mad Graphics

Thread Information