Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New boots for the ST?

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I found the Bridgestone T30 tyre crap Paul, didn't like them. Took them off/sold them and went back to tried and trusted (for me) Michelin.
    Yet I found them a most excellent tyre!

Not helping I know but a example of just how subjective tyres are relative to the bike and rider or combo of either. :-)

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Yet I found them a most excellent tyre!

Not helping I know but a example of just how subjective tyres are relative to the bike and rider or combo of either. :-)
    I know - this tyre thing is about the oddest thing I've even seen on KB (and that's quite something). How identical tyres on similar bikes are loved/hated etc. LOL - I'll just put some tyres on it and ride the damn thing I reckon. To that end I've committed to the Road Attacks based on price and I'll work up from there.

I will certainly post back here with an opinion just so I can join the tyre club...

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Oh - apparently they are Conti Attack 2 GT's with heavier sidewall...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...dial-rear-tire

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    This is what does my head in - they were specifically recommended for good mileage for a heavy sports tourer due to the dual compound curing process... Shit for $500 I'll give em a lash....
    Yeah .. I know .. Conti told me I'd get at least 8,000ks out of a rear ... I think the fact that I killed it in 3001 ks did their head in too ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Yeah - I'd got for the PR4s .. I love them on the big bandit. But go for the stiffer GTs for two up touring on a heavy bike
    I have the Michelin PR4GT tyres on front & back of my ST1300, I really like them and will be going with the same again next time.
    Personally I prefer to use the tyres that I trust, even if they are more expensive - but I've had good life (15,000+ KMs) from the PR4GT rear tyre, so I don't consider them expensive despite the price paid for a fitted tyre.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    2008 BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    I have the Michelin PR4GT tyres on front & back of my ST1300, I really like them and will be going with the same again next time.
    Personally I prefer to use the tyres that I trust, even if they are more expensive - but I've had good life (15,000+ KMs) from the PR4GT rear tyre, so I don't consider them expensive despite the price paid for a fitted tyre.
    yep, +1 for PR4 GT. 18,000km on a set and there now on the wear marks. I've always ran 38/42 and my BMW K1200S has factory TPS so I can monitor the pressures on the move. The rear has squared off a bit, but that's due to lots of highway riding in Australia before moving to CHCH. I ran PR2 and 3 on my previous FJR1300 and would get between 16-20,000 km a set.
    must admit there dam expensive in NZ compared to Aus as I am currently getting prices for a replacement set.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Rode home on the new tyres at lower pressures - felt damn good...

Mech was very complimentary about how the bike went which is down to the modified suspension - who would have thought it would make it so smooth..

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendonF View Post
    yep, +1 for PR4 GT... must admit they're dam expensive in NZ compared to Aus as I am currently getting prices for a replacement set.
    Cycletreads in Auckland is having an Easter sale, might be worth having a look at what they are offering...

Yes, realise you're in Chch, but even with transport might be a good deal or you might be able to talk a local supplier into matching the deal...

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Oh - apparently they are Conti Attack 2 GT's with heavier sidewall...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...dial-rear-tire

Cool. I ran a set of the Attack 2's on my Hornet 900 - really enjoyed them - very sticky - I classed them as SPORT/touring Tyre life was placed nicely between sport Powers and Pilot Road 2's so I was happy.

Good price you paid too, reckon you will be very happy with them.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Well we had a 2 hour test ride in a variety of conditions, sunny to damp, still to stiff breeze... Improvement in all arrears of performance... Best ride ever on the ST - I think Vicki actually relaxed at one point ;-)

Bike
    Its a Boat
    2013 I put Bridgestone T30's on my bike Paul and said this about them when I got home..

''What are the chances, no rain for a couple of months and the very morning I chose to get the T30’s fitted it rains.
    First impressions on the T30’s, in a word, sublime. Even allowing for the fact that it was raining, not once did I feel cause for concern. I still chose to go the long way home, even though I am cold/wet and thinking why am I doing this’’

3000 kms later I took them off and sold them.

Bike
    2008 BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Cycletreads in Auckland is having an Easter sale, might be worth having a look at what they are offering...

Yes, realise you're in Chch, but even with transport might be a good deal or you might be able to talk a local supplier into matching the deal...
    thanks for that mate.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Took advantage of cycle treads Easter sale and fitted Pirelli GT Angels front and rear on the ol Bandit. Took off for the Kopu Hikuai , Whanga, Waihi, Te kauri, Paeroa and back to Dorkland. By the time we'd reached Whanga those tyres were holding on great, no loose moments at all. Mikey tells me they won't slip in the rain either, I believe him but will take it easy anyhow.
    20,000K's from those Michelin PR3's fitted as a pair when I bought the bike 3 years ago.
    They were well past their best, but man did they hang on and in all weathers, availability and price meant the GT's went on but so far they are terrific.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Your roads must be like baby bums up there to get 20k on a fattie. Bloody 60 grit sandpaper roads down here.

Bike
    2008 BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Your roads must be like baby bums up there to get 20k on a fattie. Bloody 60 grit sandpaper roads down here.
    The roads around CHCH are a lot harsher than the ones in QLD that's for sure. I don't think I'll get 18 k on my next set. I've heard the roads on the west coast are even worse.

Thread Information