Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Triathlon and Ironman. Anyone doing them?

Bike
    2015 Suzuki Wee-Strom
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Well Its too late to back out. Paid for Ironman 2017 and iron maori 2016 a few weeks back.
    Already organised entry to Auckland Harbour swim 2.8km
    Looks like the Motorcycle engine I'll be using will be a 52 year old shitter.
    Nicely done sir. Sadly my ankle is not playing nicely at the moment so I'm hanging fire to see what the surgeon says before paying the entry fee.

On the bright side if we really don't have a winter coming this year then means training will be easier ;-)

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Iron Maori? do you have to at least 1/32nd Maori in you (or less) to enter?

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    I once did a 12 hour marathon session at the local pub, followed by a 9 hour marathon session in bed with the waitress. Followed by a 15 minute marathon run when her old man found out....... Does that count?
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Iron Maori? do you have to at least 1/32nd Maori in you (or less) to enter?
    Nope -You have to name your Iwi but theres a choice for n/a.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    An update for anyone that's interested
    Well thats Taupo Ironman 70.3 finished. I learned a heck of a lot in a short time and had a LOT of fun.Got it done in 6.28 so an ok time. Good news is if it had exactly the same race again I would finish 15 minutes faster just by fixing some silly mistakes I made in transition and along the way. I need to sort out pre race fueling and fueling during the race,Need to sort out my gear so Im not wasting time in transition.
    Swim I can definitely go faster but was holding back to save energy.I got a terrible start. I was just not ready-faffing around with my goggles and my garmin whilst everyone else was away and swimming.
    On the bike theres more pace for definite. I need to go back to standard gearing And also the guru of bike fitters took a look at my bike setup and told me its totally wrong and i was robbing myself of a lot of power.That will be sorted in the near future.
    Theres also a heck of a lot of time I can make up in the run once I get some distance running legs. I just realised that this was my first half marathon race ever. The run was a planned 4 minute run and 1 minute walk and 7-7.5 minute k's but I ended up doing more like a 2/2 for the first 7 k's or so. Then it was a visit to Ralf and I started feeling better. It seems that doing 7 minute k's with a negative split for the second lap worked darn well for this race though. It got me to the finish line. (thank you coach)
    Scarey now is that the next step is the FULL Ironman Taupo on 4th of March 2017. Now THATS a whole new level. Double this effort and a bit more.
    I have to say folks. Im humbled by he support Ive had and continue to have leading up to and during 70.3 from a heck of a lot of people.
    The folks at Boost Coaching both the coaching Team led by Andrew Mackay and all the "real" athletes I get to rub shoulders with. The amazing people at Waitakere Triathlon club and Black Sands Triathlon club. You guys are all fantastic.
    Most of all my familly and freinds for believing in me.
    The final cap on a fantastic day for me was getting home fairly late and my four year old daughter running up to me wrapping her arms around me and loudly stating "You are my hero Daddy"
    OHH anf if you are in ANY doubt whatsoever. I had a ball It was amazing fun all day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110_3rd-628924-DIGITAL_HIGHRES-1565_009136-5966213.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	558.0 KB 
ID:	327056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	119_3rd-628924-DIGITAL_HIGHRES-1565_022396-5966222.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	760.4 KB 
ID:	327057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15409431_10154899920506929_517202294_o.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	375.6 KB 
ID:	327058  
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    An update for anyone that's interested
    i'm not. i'm really REALLY not.
    it sounds like people take that shit WAY too seriously.

but different strokes for different folks and if you've done something that makes you feel good (and a better human) then power to ya.

but doing that would seriously affect my drinking. so fuck that.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Got a mate who just the taupo half, thought to myself, I could do that; apart from the swim part, and the bike part would be fucking hard on my arse. Perhaps I'll just go the half marathon and call it a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post
    Fuck I feel tired just reading that!!
    Tired? just thinking of a 3k swim damn near drowned me.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Done any mountain biking Frosty???? Fitness and riding skills in one.

Have done the Karapoti 50km twice (weekend warrior class), mean hills, stream and river crossings, just finishing is an achievement.

Well done on your efforts.
    As to others comments, Iron Maori is real big in the bay. Attracts a lot of top athletes.
    There is also a big event coming up here called harbour to hills, essentially an ironman event also but they cant use that word for copyright reasons etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140301_6801d.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	473.5 KB 
ID:	327060  
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Done any mountain biking Frosty???? Fitness and riding skills in one.

Have done the Karapoti 50km twice (weekend warrior class), mean hills, stream and river crossings, just finishing is an achievement.

Well done on your efforts.
    As to others comments, Iron Maori is real big in the bay. Attracts a lot of top athletes.
    There is also a big event coming up here called harbour to hills, essentially an ironman event also but they cant use that word for copyright reasons etc.
    Half of those nancy, lycra clad cunts aren't even on their bikes; that doesn't seem sporting...
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Got a mate who just the taupo half, thought to myself, I could do that; apart from the swim part, and the bike part would be fucking hard on my arse. Perhaps I'll just go the half marathon and call it a day...

Tired? just thinking of a 3k swim damn near drowned me.
    you could do a team effort mate.
    Do you remember your mates finishing time ?

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    you could do a team effort mate.
    Do you remember your mates finishing time ?
    I guess, I'm just as happy doing solo exercise though. Less fucking around, easy to build pace then distance.

Under 6 hours, can't recall by how much though.

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    Good effort dude!
    I have run a marathon and a few halfs but the whole Ironman thing is bloody scary!

Well done!

Bike
    Honda PC800
    well that's ironman 2017 done and dusted- 3.8k swim ,180km bike and 42 km run done in 14 hours 44 minutes r me that's ironman 2017 done and dusted. Weather conditions made for a really hard day in the office.
    Still knocked the bugger off in 14 hours 44 minutes.
    Swim was 15 minutes slower than It shoud have been, bike was an hour slower and the run was a disaster after 12km -but still a great learning experience

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    well that's ironman 2017 done and dusted- 3.8k swim ,180km bike and 42 km run done in 14 hours 44 minutes r me that's ironman 2017 done and dusted. Weather conditions made for a really hard day in the office.
    Still knocked the bugger off in 14 hours 44 minutes.
    Swim was 15 minutes slower than It shoud have been, bike was an hour slower and the run was a disaster after 12km -but still a great learning experience
    Well done 10 char
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1998 CBR 900RR
    Nice. I heard the weather was a bit of a factor this year!

Thread Information