Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Triathlon and Ironman. Anyone doing them?

Bike
    Honda PC800

Triathlon and Ironman. Anyone doing them?

hey guys is anyone/has anyone entered any triathlon or Ironman events?
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    hey guys is anyone/has anyone entered any triathlon or Ironman events?
    Many... oh, you mean actually swimming/cycling/running and not on my motorbike?

Hell no
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I once took a bath, then jogged up the stairs, then rode my Motorbike.

That counts right?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    May as well ask if anyone has tried anal sex .......

Wonder what 2017 will bring for Honda

Bike
    R100GSPD
    not iron man but have done the lake taupo cycle challenge a few times

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Weetbix kiwi kids triathlon counts?

Wait, I never did that either.

No, I haven't.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Did the Fletcher Marathon in 1995, never again, all that life time getting road fit... and for what? a finishers T Shirt and Commemorative medal? Though my legs did feel like iron for three days after.

I also hold my 25yds breast stroke certificate from 1970 (TBC)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151106_094922[1].jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	579.4 KB 
ID:	320451  

Bike

Bike
    Honda PC800
    ahh well was worth a try. its not like ironman is all that tough. 3.8km swim then a 180km bicycle ride then a mere 40km run. looks to me like a great way to spend a day.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Its a Boat
    ahh well was worth a try. its not like ironman is all that tough. 3.8km swim then a 180km bicycle ride then a mere 40km run. looks to me like a great way to spend a day.
    Have you done one Tony? any one of those disciplines requires a shit load of energy and commitment just to get to the starting line let alone all three at once.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Have you done one Tony? any one of those disciplines requires a shit load of energy and commitment just to get to the starting line let alone all three at once.
    Working towards 2017 Ironman matey. 3.8k swim.180k bike and marathon run 40k
    the mandatory swim cut off is 2 hours 20 minutes,Ive Done the whole NZ ocean swim series this season. down to comfortable 22 minute km's over up to 5.0km -Rangitoto to St helliers coming up on 12/4 is 4.5k
    The bike cut off time is 8 hours 10 minutes, Im only up to a total of 80km at average a piddly 25km/h. If I build distance and can still maintain average speed Ill do the cycle in just over 7 hours.Mind you Im doing my time on a flat bar road bike with Sam on a Doolittle seat on front
    Run is my biggest worry-the cut off 6 hours 30 minutes C
    Currently my 10km time is one hour 2 minutes and that's reasonably fresh. worried about blowing out the time last leg.
    LOTS of training already for swimming and a lot more ahead.
    Im sorta doing the Maraitai Panasonic Tri on Sunday but its the Try a Tri with my wife.So just using it as practice for transition and seeing about bike fit etc.main reason for this one is to support her.-The no drafting rule doesn't apply at Try a Tri so I can " tow "her the 10km bike section.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    6 an 1/2 hours for a Marathon? you could almost walk it in that time, that's only 6.5 kph = brisk walk
    When I was training, I was running at 10 kph but always in the back of my mind, I felt that it would less likely to maintain that time for 42 Ks.

Cut off time for an Iron man is 16 hrs? that's two day's
    All the best with the training mate.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    6 an 1/2 hours for a Marathon? you could almost walk it in that time, that's only 6.5 kph = brisk walk
    When I was training, I was running at 10 kph but always in the back of my mind, I felt that it would less likely to maintain that time for 42 Ks.

Cut off time for an Iron man is 16 hrs? that's two day's
    All the best with the training mate.
    Hey thanks mate.
    You are right about brisk walk to do the marathon but keep in mind before the brisk walk you have done a little swim and a biccle to the shops as a warm up. Each taken on their own is easily doable but all three together nonstop is a different story. Keep in mind you have to eat and drink on the go
    Im not making any excuses matey. 2016 NZIM winner did the whole race in 6 hours.
    Im just aiming to finish at this stage Closer to the race I might set a goal time to finish in. 14 hours is what everyone seems to think I'll do it in.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Right from the outset, I kept telling myself that I was entering the run as participant not a competitor. I was happy with my 10khp pace, couldn't improve on it and didn't feel the need to once I knew was where I was at. A 4 hour Marathon was doable but copped a knee injury three weeks out during an 25km Sunday morning run. I was having physio every second day. Not sure of my actual time, but it was closer to the 5 hour mark, perhaps a tad over.

There are people who run that time in an Iron Man after hours in the water and on a bike.

When did you start training for this Iron Man?

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Working towards 2017 Ironman matey. 3.8k swim.180k bike and marathon run 40k
    Fuck I feel tired just reading that!!

Keep in mind you have to eat and drink on the go
    Exactly, and don't forget to factor that in as part of your training - some people don't, their stomachs aren't used to eating/drinking while on the go. Good luck with the training you brave, brave man!
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Thread Information