Thread: Moving back home to NZ from Aussie

Bike
    2008 Honda VFR 800

Moving back home to NZ from Aussie

Been living in Aus for close on 12 years and the time to come back home to NZ has arrived

Now I own a 2004 Vfr800 that I would like to bring with me

Has anybody else made this move recently which company did you use for the transport and certification etc

Is there a 1 stop company that I can use that includes everything needed to get my bike on the road in NZ
    I would like to be able to drop it off in Brisbane and ride it away in Auckland if possible

Or should I just sell it and buy another bike over there ?

I have approached a couple of companies here and they were seemingly pissed off that I made them answer the phone interrupting their day and were in no way at all clued up in this matter

( Customer service is totally shit in general in Brisbane no matter what the industry )

I would like to keep this bike as I have in the last couple of years

fitted two bros mufflers
    fitted new honda stator and R1 reg/reg
    fitted 2 x new cam chain tensioners
    checked and adjusted the valves including the V-tec valves $$$$
    new Givi monorack and V46 topbox
    fitted new Garmin zumo 590 gps unit
    fitted a scottoiler
    De-linked the Brakes with a kit from HEL

I may just take all the goodies off the bike and buy another over there

Thanks for any help / suggestions in advance

Cheers
    James

Bike
    Call Mainfreight and then an Auckland bike shop of your choice, job done.

Just arrange with Mainfreight to drop the bike off to the shop once it's in NZ for them to sort out for you. As far as I'm aware there isn't a company that will ship it and do the road legal stuff in one hit, but it's easy enough to organise it yourself.

It will possibly be cheaper and definitely less of a hassle to pull your bits off, sell the bike and then buy something here, but if the cost isn't an issue to you then it doesn't really matter.
    That said if you're going to ship bits off it back it's not much more of a stretch to ship the whole thing anyway. In fact if you're shipping anything why not throw the bike in and then have it collected by a bike shop and sorted out for you once here.

Bike
    Assorted British
    Have you tried these people?

OSS World Wide Brisbane
    Phone: (+61 7) 3348 2500
    Email: brisbane@ossworldwide.com
    Address: 30 Anton Rd, Hemmant, QLD 4174, Australia

I used them for my vehicle and household goods and found them excellent to deal with.
    All in the one container and delivered to their NZ associate company in Auckland.
    Vehicle then MAF cleared and transported to VTAC in Hamilton for compliance and registration.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    if you are bringing a household full of goods then it probably isnt much more to bring the bike aws well.Look on trademe for an idea of what a vfr is worth over here

Bike
    07 road king classic +bsa 500 single..
    We to did 12 years been back a year, The moving company we went with after 4 quotes house lot and crated road king 40 foot container. Took plates in de'registered it took to depot brissy. Maf cleared port nelson road into vtnz complied registered warrant etc about $900
    make sure you have all paperwork evidence of ownership where and when bought, rego paperwork time owned in aussie is a biggy longer the better gst etc.
    And it's good to be hm.
    Cheers moff

Thread Information