Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zzr250 waters just boiling but staying at half temp on gauge

Bike
    Kawasaki ZZR250

zzr250 waters just boiling but staying at half temp on gauge

hi guys ,
    i have a Kawasaki zzr250 1994
    so i did a radiator flush when i stripped my whole bike to repaint it , but after that , it kept blowing pin holes in the metal pipe to the water pump ,
    after i fixed that pipe 2 times , it blew a radiator hose , then i repaired that , blew another radiator hose , repaired that , i checked the water pump , all propellers etc was mint ..
    i checked the thermostat , that was stuffed as it was open when i took it out so replaced that , brought 2 heat sensors one for radiator and thermostat housing ,
    thought i got it went for a ride yesterday , blew another radiator hose , repaired that ,
    and its still gaining to much pressure as its foaming out at the filler hose ..

radiator cap doesnt seem to leak water so havent changed that ...

Water seems to be boiling ... but temp doesnt go passed half on gauge

ive spent far to much money on this 250 ... beginning to give up .......

im just so dumb founded what else to check now ..... any advice be helpful thanks

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...psmusxhdyx.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps7ojbx4dn.jpg

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ir0nslash View Post

im just so dumb founded what else to check now ..... any advice be helpful thanks

l]
    Think you'll find it's done a head gasket and is pressurizing the cooling system. Does the water in ya radiator smell like exhaust gas?

Bike
    husaberg
    hi guys ,
    i have a Kawasaki zzr250 1994
    so i did a radiator flush when i stripped my whole bike to repaint it , but after that , it kept blowing pin holes in the metal pipe to the water pump ,
    after i fixed that pipe 2 times , it blew a radiator hose , then i repaired that , blew another radiator hose , repaired that , i checked the water pump , all propellers etc was mint ..
    i checked the thermostat , that was stuffed as it was open when i took it out so replaced that , brought 2 heat sensors one for radiator and thermostat housing ,
    thought i got it went for a ride yesterday , blew another radiator hose , repaired that ,
    and its still gaining to much pressure as its foaming out at the filler hose ..

ive spent 't do seal kits for these pumps do theyfar to much money on this 250 ... beginning to give up .......

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...psmusxhdyx.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps7ojbx4dn.jpg
    After first checking out what crasher posted, with a leak down test, then check the rad cap as it might not be holding pressure.
    The pressure of the cooling system effects the temp at which the water will boil. As does the antifreeze.
    I just re read the first part of your post, foam isn't good. check it for oil. The same with your oil/fuel.
    PS Were you the guy looking for a water pump for one of these a while back?
    Kawasaki don't do seal kits for these pumps do they?

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Various things
    ]
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The pressure of the cooling system effects the temp at which the water will boil. As does the antifreeze.
    Correct, but the temp gauge reading only half way def points to the cooling system being pressurized.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZZR250
    unsure about smell i fully cant tell

just opening th cap now its cold but water was still under pressure when i opened it ...

i fully gasket sealed my head gasket when i stripped my bike ..... but thats when i flushed it and having these problems also .....

as i think there was oil coming from the head ... was abit of gasket seal from the previous 10 owners ..... but hadnt had these problems intill i started playing around with it sadly

Bike
    Various things
    i fully gasket sealed my head gasket when i stripped my bike ..... but thats when i flushed it and having these problems also .....
    Think you're gonna have to whip the head off sorry mate. Check both the head and the cyl for warpage, new gasket required at the very least.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Correct, but the temp gauge reading only half way def points to the cooling system being pressurized.
    Sorry I don't agree, The temp gauge reading at half way points to the water temp being halfway, it has nought to do with system pressure. Temp gauges only read temperature by hysteresis.
    They will actually read zero though if there is was no water.
    The water temp being half way and the rad cap pressure blow off releasing water may point out a cylinder head leak though or a faulty cap.

unsure about smell i fully cant tell

just opening th cap now its cold but water was still under pressure when i opened it ...

as i think there was oil coming from the head ... was abit of gasket seal from the previous 10 owners ..... but hadnt had these problems intill i started playing around with it sadly
    This is more info..........
    Did you use a new gasket, it should not have needed any sealer. It is possible that whatever goop you used may have blocked the waterways its also possible that now the water pump is not pumping any water or is unable to.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Throw on a new cap. Cheap place to start.

Bike
    Various things
    , then check the rad cap as it might not be holding pressure.
    Sorry I don't agree, The temp gauge reading at half way points to the water temp being halfway, it has nought to do with system pressure. .
    Missed some of your quote last time. The radiator cap has nothing whatsoever to do with the water in his cooling system boiling in this instance. It's not boiling, it's (the cooling system) simply being pressurized by a fucked head gasket.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZZR250
    this is my rusty water feed into top of the head , but its beside the head ... so the head gasket doesnt even interfere it ?? or am i totally wrong ??

and opening the radiator cap and release pressure , doesnt that mean its holding pressure inside?? unsure just asking

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/o...psddprrhv6.jpg

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Throw on a new cap. Cheap place to start.
    But the system is holding pressure.

Bike
    Various things
    this is my rusty water feed into top of the head , but its beside the head ... so the head gasket doesnt even interfere it ?? or am i totally wrong ??

and opening the radiator cap and release pressure , doesnt that mean its holding pressure inside?? unsure just asking

rl]
    You're getting yourself confused. Water does indeed go into the engine through that pipe, but that has nothing to do with the head gasket being fucked.

Bike
    motocompo

i fully gasket sealed my head gasket when i stripped my bike .....
    Amateur mistake.
    Head gaskets should go on with all surfaces perfectly clean & dry, not covered in a pile of calf snot of any type.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Missed some of your quote last time. The radiator cap has nothing whatsoever to do with the water in his cooling system boiling in this instance. It's not boiling, it's (the cooling system) simply being pressurized by a fucked head gasket.
    I can only go by what he posts.
    He posted
    Water seems to be boiling
    hi guys ,

url]

I in fact never suggested the water was boiling at all, only that the pressure cap was releasing.
    Pressure caps are cheap and easy to replace so it seems silly not to do it first.
    I said its likely a head leak, just exactly as you did.

Bike
    Various things
    I can only go by what he posts.
    He posted
    Water seems to be boiling

Think the op has got himself a wee bit confused.

Thread Information