Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plugs 4 Lugz at Motomail - 23 April 2016

Bike
    None

Plugs 4 Lugz at Motomail - 23 April 2016

Thank you to Chris and Marie at Motomail.

We will be making earplugz at Motomail on College Hill on Saturday April 23 (Anzac weekend).

$80 per set; sorry no eftpos available

Bike
    CB1300
    Magic.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Are they apple branded?

Bike
    2009 CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rowles View Post
    $80 per set
    They had better give me a damn good eargasm for that price....

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    You can get cheaper self do kits... but as I have found the material degrades a little with use. I am hoping these will not, given my wife's ones have not.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    Not a bad price for decent earplugs IMO. Go price up some hearing aids

Bike
    CB1300
    Like all rubber protection, only good value of you don't want aids.

Sent via tapatalk.

Bike
    2015 Suzuki SFV650
    Hey Sue, will you be there all day ? Might shoot in...

Bike
    2015 Suzuki Wee-Strom
    Are they apple branded?
    Just popped over the hill for Sue to make me a pair. Took about an hour, and included a great chat ;-)

Only ridden for 1hr15 with them so far but they are light years ahead of the $40 continental grommet types I had before. Unbelievable as I was about to start investing in new screen and mirrors to quiet down the noise from the buffeting. What was really impressive was how much clearer the helmet speakers were for the Nav. So quiet riding, but clearer audio when I want it. Will see how the comfortable they are for longer rides on Wednesday when I go up to the land of the almond milk cold drip trim lattes.

Sure $80 isn't cheap for two lumps of rubber, but then I reckon it's $5 for the rubber and $75 for knowing how to mould the rubber.

Bike
    None

Talking

Will be there from opening until we run out of ears

Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    Hey Sue, will you be there all day ? Might shoot in...

Bike
    None
    Ace; thanks Duncan; thousands of riders around the world can't be wrong.......

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Just popped over the hill for Sue to make me a pair. Took about an hour, and included a great chat ;-)

Only ridden for 1hr15 with them so far but they are light years ahead of the $40 continental grommet types I had before. Unbelievable as I was about to start investing in new screen and mirrors to quiet down the noise from the buffeting. What was really impressive was how much clearer the helmet speakers were for the Nav. So quiet riding, but clearer audio when I want it. Will see how the comfortable they are for longer rides on Wednesday when I go up to the land of the almond milk cold drip trim lattes.

Sure $80 isn't cheap for two lumps of rubber, but then I reckon it's $5 for the rubber and $75 for knowing how to mould the rubber.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    You'll also find that the drop in ambient noise when riding should mean you won't get tired as quickly.

I had the mushroom style ones previously, around $40-50. Never stayed put inside my ears... loving the custom moulded ones though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    You'll also find that the drop in ambient noise when riding should mean you won't get tired as quickly.
    This has been my experience even with the little foam jobs. But they hurt after awhile. My bike is not subtle so ear plugs are a must.

Can you get 2 sets done at once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Can you get 2 sets done at once?
    Don't see why not, obviously one set, then the other.

I've got 2 sets currently, as I realised I needed a spare set in case something happened to my main set. I do believe though that your ears change/grow over time, so I'm worried the backup set may not work... but we'll see I guess

One thing I did find with the standard mould of the plug was that 10-15 hrs continuous wear was too long, and because it fills the entire ear right to the edge, my ears couldn't deform... so I spoke to Sue and Grant on my third set and they custom moulded them smaller so now it's a nib inside the ear. Obvious warning that they might not seal as well, but as I had to take them out altogether, even some attentuation was better than nothing. It's been several years and while you need to be more careful to seal them well, they've been brilliant.

Just thought I'd mention this Sue, so perhaps someone else will want it, and I won't be uniquely special
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    A fast one
    Do I remember reading somewhere if we bring a set of headphones, you can mould them inside the moulded piece?

Or am I making things up?

Thread Information