Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cycletreads Tyre Guys are the best.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    That's interesting Mark...... because I have to ride about 130 km for my tyre change with the Drury Performance Centre, I tell them the approximate time I'm arriving and I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for them to start the job and I'm on my way in under an hour. I've been going to them for several years and have deliberately built up a good working relationship with them.
    CT's have worked on the 'We'll get to when we can' for as long as I can remember Geoff. Turn up/filled out a job card and wait.
    DPC have given quick service in the past, a group ride hardly got going when one rider needed a new rear tyre...called in there and they did it straight away, one other rider ended up buying a jacket so win win for them.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    That's interesting Mark...... because I have to ride about 130 km for my tyre change with the Drury Performance Centre, I tell them the approximate time I'm arriving and I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for them to start the job and I'm on my way in under an hour. I've been going to them for several years and have deliberately built up a good working relationship with them.
    Agreed. This is because it is run like a tyre shop. Not a motorcycle shop that happens to fit tyres. The reason for the long wait is simple, longer you are there the more you will buy. Either that or the workshop manager has no idea what he is doing.

Drury Tyres are excellent. Have turned up late for a booking due to things getting in the way so popped right on closing to apologise and re-book. Instead they tag teamed a pair of tyres on the bike double quick.

Motoone is also top notch, turn up, choose what you want (no pressure for one tyre over another), get them fitted. Easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Meh! Im still waiting for my call back since 12 oclock today from the knob who left me on the desk for 5 minutes before telling me he'd call me back.

I dont go there for anything from upstairs these days as they have proved themselves incompetent and lyers. Thought it was still "the" place to go for rubber in d'orkland though but perhaps not. Voted with my feet (like they care) and gave a.j @ motohaus the business.

Thats all, Carry on!
    Last edited by Luckylegs; 2nd May 2016 at 19:01. Reason: Betterer grammafication

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    The reason for the long wait is simple, longer you are there the more you will buy. Either that or the workshop manager has no idea what he is doing.
    Or they're busy. Every time I've been there over the years I've been in and out in at most an hour.

I'd turn up before work in the morning so no queue. Haven't done that for the past few years now that I'm not living on the shore. Last time it was a pair of PR4s for a good price (cheaper than the 3s) in a lunch hour.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Drury give good service but generally aren't cheap. I find it's worth a trip to Boyd's in Hamilton to buy tyres; I saved about $60 on a rear last time.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    You guys suck!
    Don't worry mate, that much is obvious! 1623 people read the Bruce Anstey Order Of Merit thread, yet only 50 bothered to reply. This site now officially sucks serious fucking amounts of sweaty balls.

Bike
    MT-10
    I go to cycletreads. I'm happy with the service and prices.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I go to cycletreads. I'm happy with the service and prices.
    And that's it really innit? not everyone likes KFC but those that do will still go there and spend their money.

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    And that's it really innit? not everyone likes KFC but those that do will still go there and spend their money.
    Yep. Not sure what response op was looking for.

Bike
    TF125
    Not sure what response op was looking for.
    Any response at all probably.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Yep. Not sure what response op was looking for.
    OK, you asked I'll tell you. I posted about the service I got from the guys on the floor at CT. I didn't say anything about anything other than the service these hard working tireless gents gave my wife and I.
    Some here in KB land have picked up on what wasn't said, but this time while what wasn't said is REAL it was more than balanced out by what the guys on the floor did for us.
    I genuinely, simply wanted to acknowledge the guys that work on the floor at CT, in the tyre bay and the workshop.
    I'd much rather chip in with a positive comment than a negative, if I can, KB is about talking, passing on experiences, saying when you've been treated well by genuine honest individuals.
    In this case CT, CT's staff did bloody well for my wife and I and I simply wanted to acknowledge that.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    serious fucking amounts of sweaty balls.
    It's a problem. I tried shaving them to reduce the sweat - they still sweat just nice and smooth now. Tried no undies hanging free and all that but the support is important after all at 51 gravity is taking it's toll #oldramballs. Tried adding some deodorant - stung and gave slimy balls (no one likes that). Best to air them out every now and them and sleep naked.

Sorted.

Bike
    MT-10
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    It's a problem. I tried shaving them to reduce the sweat - they still sweat just nice and smooth now. Tried no undies hanging free and all that but the support is important after all at 51 gravity is taking it's toll #oldramballs. Tried adding some deodorant - stung and gave slimy balls (no one likes that). Best to air them out every now and them and sleep naked.

Sorted.
    Talc does the trick. Keeps smooth dry and itch free like a babys bum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3025969-poster-p-1-johnson-johnson-baby-ad-india-times.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	321321

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post

Sorted.
    I use this shit.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I use this shit.
    When did you grow the beard?

Thread Information