Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triumph Speed Four review request

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121

Triumph Speed Four review request

Hey Motofolk,

I am looking at the 600cc new motorbiike category and have found that the Tri-Speed Four is selling for $11999. Compared to a SV650 (nkd) and Bandit 650 (both at $10990) I think it would have a bit more 'cool'. Cant say that it would be the best looking bike I have ever seen...but if its a good bike I would seriously look at living with it, if it were a good one.

So, anyone ridden one/have one? Would anyone like to share their opinions about it?

Thanks in advance.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    Hey Motofolk,
    I am looking at the 600cc new motorbiike category and have found that the Tri-Speed Four is selling for $11999.
    Haven't heard of one of those.
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by zadok
    Haven't heard of one of those.
    Really? A Triumph Speed Four? I think ole Tom Cruise rode one in Mission Impossible 2...with magical road tires that changed into offroad tires when they rode onto the sand .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPEEDFOUR_Black_RHF_1024.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	16879  

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Google it; I'm sure that places like MCN have reviews.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    Yeah I have googled it a bit. I think I tried MCN but they didnt have review. I sometimes prefer 'real reviews' from real people.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Every review I've read has positively raved about. I really like the original 600TT it's based on, as I loved the suspension feel, fantastic zero effort "am I really going that fast?" handling, and could happily work around that fact that it liked to be revved to get anywhere quickly. Unfairly bagged for not being up to the level of the racetracke refugee road replicas.

The fuelling has been improved on the Speed Four, it's not so snatchy at the bottom end and the weird power plateau in the mid range is fixed too.

Add it to the list of bikes to ride.

Remember:

1. Look with your heart
    2. Test with your arse
    3. Buy with your head.

I rather suspect that the Speed Four is exactly your sort of bike.

Big Dave likes them too, which should be reccommendation enough.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    I sometimes prefer 'real reviews' from real people.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Most of the 'professional' reviewers are racers or wannabe racers, and their thoughts don't translate well to real world use.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    Can't say I like the boggly eyed headlights and instrument surround, but the rest of the bike looks ok. That 675 triple coming up looks the goods but.
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Big Dave likes them too, which should be reccommendation enough.
    Is that "in theory", or did he actually manage to "test with his arse" (in a 'riding a toy' kinda way)?

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    There isn;t a modern Triumph that Dave hasn't ridden. I think he's a fanboi or something.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Most of the 'professional' reviewers are racers or wannabe racers, and their thoughts don't translate well to real world use.
    Its like watching Top Gear to find out which car you should buy next :| (unless you have bags of cash).

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    1. Look with your heart
    2. Test with your arse
    3. Buy with your head.
    Have to say my heart knows its a Triumph and it may be something a bit more 'special'...maybe not technically better than the competition (Hornets, Bandits, Sv650's nkd). My arse has only been 'calibrated' on one bike....so not fine tuned (eeeww) ...but when the time comes ill ride everything. Then decide with my heart and my bank manager..

Apparently, the WMC guy told me, theres a new Speed Four coming out with a triple!?!?! He didnt know what it was going to be called...maybe a 'Speed Four-One'?

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    I might get into trouble here, but I'd hold off on the Speed 4 as it'll likely be replaced by the new 675 triple in a streetfighter style bike. That'll make the 4 a bit of an orphan.
    Unless you can steal it for the same reason.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    I might get into trouble here, but I'd hold off on the Speed 4 as it'll likely be replaced by the new 675 triple in a streetfighter style bike. That'll make the 4 a bit of an orphan.
    Unless you can steal it for the same reason.
    It was suggested to me that the bike had been in the shop for a few months and I would get a good deal. Not sure what sort of deal but I would be trading in my bike...

Bike
    CBR600F3
    That new supersports three cylinder fully faired 675 looks the ducks nuts - have a spin on one of them when they arrive - 5KW more than the 636 I'm told
    "Resort to the law so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not one honourable lawyer who would not give the warning "Suffer any wrong rather than come here".

Charles Dickens

Thread Information