Thread: Relocating to Melbourne; want to take my bikes!

Bike
    2015 Indian Scout, Suzuki Savage Bobber

Relocating to Melbourne; want to take my bikes!

Hey guys,

First time poster here. As the title says, my partner and I have decided to jump ditch, and I'd love to take my babies with me. Does anyone here have any experience with this? The first bike I'm looking to import is my primary form of transport, a 2015 Indian Scout. I don't this will be much of a problem to get over, does anyone know any ballpark figures for price?

My second bike is a little more complicated... It's a Suzuki Savage bobber project. As much as I love this bike, I'd be ok with selling it.... except for the fact that I very recently threw way too much money at the engine (bored out, upgraded carb, performance cam etc). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with importing a highly modified bike. It will mostly just be a rolling body by the time I make the move, but I can always bring it over at a later point.

Thanks very much in advance!

Bike
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR
    An acquaintance of mine took his Hornet over and it probably cost him half what it was worth. Mostly difficulty with ADR compliance. Don't like your chances with the bobber.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bike
    YZF-R6
    I looked into it before I moved over here and found that it wasn't worth it at all, probably easier to sell and buy the same bike when you get here if thats what you want the losses in selling and re-buying would be less than what you'd pay in import, inspection, etc.

As far as the bobber goes, I'd be inclined to strip the bike of any aftermarket parts and pull the engine, crate the lot up and send it over and just buy the same thing and chuck it all in.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by aws View Post
    Mostly difficulty with ADR compliance.
    This

Friends of mine had huge issues with a completely standard jap import Audi moving it to Oz, by the time they were finished they wished they'd burnt the thing before they left.

The Indian may be ok if it's identical to what they sell over there, the bobber probably almost no chance.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Thread Information